GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

MBUX slow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 06:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2024 GLC300, 2014 BMW M235i
MBUX slow

The MBUX in my 3 month old GLC300 has slowed dramatically over the last few days. It started 3 days ago when
my iPhone14 suddenly disconnected the map during a drive. I pulled over and ended up having to pair my iPhone
again. Next, user inputs on the steering wheel cruise control became either slow to respond or no response at all.
Repeated inputs eventually gets a response, sometimes ending up 5 or 10 MPH more than I wanted. Frustrating.
I even tried the clicking portion of the buttons and still flaky, slow, no response. I checked for MBUX updates and
the display says up to date.

Having said that, I have found similar complaints in a wide brand variety during road tests by popular car magazines,
so this manufacturer rage of making virtually everything touch screen or touch buttons isn’t limited to just Mercedes
Benz. I still like my GLC300, but this touchy feely MBUX leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 08-02-2024, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,685 Likes on 2,282 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by 3.5L
The MBUX in my 3 month old GLC300 has slowed dramatically over the last few days. It started 3 days ago when
my iPhone14 suddenly disconnected the map during a drive. I pulled over and ended up having to pair my iPhone
again. Next, user inputs on the steering wheel cruise control became either slow to respond or no response at all.
Repeated inputs eventually gets a response, sometimes ending up 5 or 10 MPH more than I wanted. Frustrating.
I even tried the clicking portion of the buttons and still flaky, slow, no response. I checked for MBUX updates and
the display says up to date.

Having said that, I have found similar complaints in a wide brand variety during road tests by popular car magazines,
so this manufacturer rage of making virtually everything touch screen or touch buttons isn’t limited to just Mercedes
Benz. I still like my GLC300, but this touchy feely MBUX leaves a lot to be desired.
Is the screen overheating? That could be a cause.
Old 08-02-2024, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Is the screen overheating? That could be a cause.
This occurs from start up, so I doubt its heat. And as I mentioned, the touch controls
on the steering wheel are also slow and sometimes unresponsive. This is a system
problem - slow processor; buggy firmware…
Old 08-02-2024, 02:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

This occurs from start up, so I doubt its heat. And as I mentioned, the touch controls
on the steering wheel are also slow and sometimes unresponsive. This is a system
problem - slow processor; buggy firmware…
Although you mentioned there are no new updates, there might be a software update that needs to be performed at the dealership level or someone with XENTRY, as not all modules can be updated over-the-air.

Unless there is an actual defect in the hardware of that particular car, a software update should fix it.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Although you mentioned there are no new updates, there might be a software update that needs to be performed at the dealership level or someone with XENTRY, as not all modules can be updated over-the-air.

Unless there is an actual defect in the hardware of that particular car, a software update should fix it.
Thanks for bringing that up. I will contact my dealer.

Meanwhile, I did an experiment this morning (coming out of retirement and putting on my electronics
technician hat). I dug out my anti-static wrist strap, clipped it to a bare stud under the seat went for
a drive. All of the touch controls worked perfectly, including quick response. This includes the previously
very fussy cruise control +set and -set.

Maybe I need to shower less often or change deodorants. 🤔
Old 08-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks for bringing that up. I will contact my dealer.

Meanwhile, I did an experiment this morning (coming out of retirement and putting on my electronics
technician hat). I dug out my anti-static wrist strap, clipped it to a bare stud under the seat went for
a drive. All of the touch controls worked perfectly, including quick response. This includes the previously
very fussy cruise control +set and -set.

Maybe I need to shower less often or change deodorants. 🤔
Ah! Glad to hear you found the issue.