GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

My first AMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2018 GLC AMG 63 COUPE
My first AMG!

Hi all, I picked up my new GLC AMG 63 Coupe about a month ago! And she is bad ***! I had sold my 2014 Camaro ZL1 a few months earlier.
I wasn't going to buy. I was just killing time at the Mercedes Dealership looking around for my wife. But I came across this beast sitting on the floor.
I didn't know what it was. And after I pulled an all nighter researching You tube. I bought it the next day!

So far I've put a clear bra on the front and had her ceramic coated. And it turned out great!

First day home!
Old 11-26-2018, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLC63
welcome, I was just like you looking around the dealer and stumbled on my GLC63 and if you want a lot fun get it tuned you won't be sorry
Old 11-27-2018, 03:00 AM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by AMGPWR!
Hi all, I picked up my new GLC AMG 63 Coupe about a month ago! And she is bad ***! I had sold my 2014 Camaro ZL1 a few months earlier.
I wasn't going to buy. I was just killing time at the Mercedes Dealership looking around for my wife. But I came across this beast sitting on the floor.
I didn't know what it was. And after I pulled an all nighter researching You tube. I bought it the next day!

So far I've put a clear bra on the front and had her ceramic coated. And it turned out great!

First day home!
Enjoy, I appreciate the amusing read with the mentioning of the chevy
Old 11-28-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2018 GLC AMG 63 COUPE
Hey, Did the dealership do your tune and does it change your warranty?

Your GLC looks great! I wish mine came with the 5 spoked 21 inch wheels on it.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does AMG really matter in 2018?

With cars like Tesla, they are way faster. My dad / mom bought a Mercedes GLC AMG Ed1, but it doesn't feel as fast as the Model X. I want to make the switch to electric eventually, they just drive better. My parents thought about Tesla, but they are old fashioned and don't really have faith in electric cars now.

But I've driven the Model X on test drives, and that car feels much faster and has alot more cool functions. I'm wondering how the M-series or AMG will be perceived in 10-20 years when elecrtric cars prove to be as fast or faster than most super cars. Is AMG & M-series going to start making electric cars one day under their performance brand?

But my parents had a Mercedes E55 AMG back in 2000-2007. I felt that cars interior held up pretty well when it became an old car. I'm kind of interested in the Hyundai Kona electric, depending if it will be a significant savings from a Model 3.

But the GLC AMG Ed1 looks like a car out of Forza Horizon. It does handle very nicely and has that race car theme without the inconveniences of a sports car while driving in comfort in an SUV.

Last edited by JetFalcon; 11-28-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC63
what did your ceramic coating cost? I am considering the same.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:40 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by JetFalcon

With cars like Tesla, they are way faster. My dad / mom bought a Mercedes GLC AMG Ed1, but it doesn't feel as fast as the Model X. I want to make the switch to electric eventually, they just drive better. My parents thought about Tesla, but they are old fashioned and don't really have faith in electric cars now.

But I've driven the Model X on test drives, and that car feels much faster and has alot more cool functions. I'm wondering how the M-series or AMG will be perceived in 10-20 years when elecrtric cars prove to be as fast or faster than most super cars. Is AMG & M-series going to start making electric cars one day under their performance brand?

But my parents had a Mercedes E55 AMG back in 2000-2007. I felt that cars interior held up pretty well when it became an old car. I'm kind of interested in the Hyundai Kona electric, depending if it will be a significant savings from a Model 3.

But the GLC AMG Ed1 looks like a car out of Forza Horizon. It does handle very nicely and has that race car theme without the inconveniences of a sports car while driving in comfort in an SUV.

what the actual FORK (pun intended) are we discussing here?

We all like nice fast cars and look forward to a future with cleaner energy, but nobody here is looking for input on a model X.

The 140k model X is a nice vehicle but after the 3 second 0-60, what is left? it won't beat the GLC around any race tracks. As for dragstrips, the Model X' 11.2 second record is easy to beat with a modified GLC. you cannot really make a Model X faster than it is.

You honestly sound like a kid and i am not sure what your comment was aiming to achieve but AMG buyers are not shopping Konas either.
The following 4 users liked this post by viper3ez:
C280 Sport (02-25-2019), Chrisk03 (11-28-2018), MB300AMG (11-30-2018), wawrecker (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 AMG GLC63
Originally Posted by AMGPWR!

First day home!
have anymore pictures?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2016 Audi S4, 2018 Ford F-150
Originally Posted by PJJP
what did your ceramic coating cost? I am considering the same.
You should do it. It’s definitely worth it.
Mine just had paint correction and ceramic coating done. I pick it up tomorrow. You’ll find a wide range in costs as there are a few different levels of quality when it comes to ceramic coating. I’m paying about $1000, but that includes the paint correction that took a day and a half to do and also a hydrophobic coating on top of the ceramic coating. Also, the products being used on my car are only available directly to detailers.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by JetFalcon

Go play your XBOX kiddo... No one in the real world over the age of 18 cares about 0-60, top speed and 1/4 times.