GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Dinan elite tune now available...I think

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 02:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC43 AMG, 2015 Chevy SS (Holden SSv)
Dinan elite tune now available...I think

Anyone else looking at the Dinan elite tune? 1300.00 and a big boost in hp and torque
Old 10-17-2017, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 785 Likes on 505 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by birdmanf16
Anyone else looking at the Dinan elite tune? 1300.00 and a big boost in hp and torque
Yes its very impressive. The GLC63 tune gets you from 469/503hp to 609hp. That's an amazing increase in HP. They seem to think the 63S is underrated so they say the increase is from 533 to 609hp. Either way that is a huge 76hp increase on the GLC63S and gets you into the ballpark of E63S power. Should be good to a 0-60 time of around 3.3 to 3.4s.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Yes its very impressive. The GLC63 tune gets you from 469/503hp to 609hp. That's an amazing increase in HP. They seem to think the 63S is underrated so they say the increase is from 533 to 609hp. Either way that is a huge 76hp increase on the GLC63S and gets you into the ballpark of E63S power. Should be good to a 0-60 time of around 3.3 to 3.4s.
That's very impressive. I can only imagine 600+hp in this platform. I already think with my tune the truck is a bit fast for what it is and I am not pushing 500hp yet
Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 AM

X3 M40i
If you are referring to the GLC43 tune from Dinan Elite then its worth it. It has 466hp and 442tq on 91 pump gas. If you are using 93 you gain 10%-15% more power. I already spoke to Dinan to confirm.

I had the Dinan Sportronic tune and I liked it before I switched to the BMS JB1. It was a modest 30-40hp and 30-40tq gain. The gains from the new Elite Unit are incredible. If you are in the market for tune and don't want to send off your ECU then I would recommend either Dinan Elite or Burger Motorsports (BMS) JB1. No need to get a full ECU tune unless you have downpipes. The only advantage to Dinan over BMS is that Dinan claims to warranty your engine in case of failure due to their tune. BMS doesn't offer such warranty.
The following 2 users liked this post by DameMD:
birdmanf16 (10-17-2017), Chrisk03 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC43 AMG, 2015 Chevy SS (Holden SSv)
Glad to hear the 91 octane is good to go. The Renntech tune states clearly that it is only to be used with 93 octane! That is some serious bang for the buck to get those numbers. I found a place in Huntington beach who has the product, now I just need to lower the car, paint the calipers and get good track tires and I will be set!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:01 PM

X3 M40i
Glad to hear the 91 octane is good to go. The Renntech tune states clearly that it is only to be used with 93 octane! That is some serious bang for the buck to get those numbers. I found a place in Huntington beach who has the product, now I just need to lower the car, paint the calipers and get good track tires and I will be set!
Yeah the numbers advertised from Dinan are pretty solid and seems to be more than the JB1. I would love to do a comparison local with someone with the Dinan Elite vs. my JB1. There's a guy on the c43 forums named 18bora that is continually testing the JB1 and he ran a 12.2 at 113mph vs a stock c43 that he staged with at the track running 13.0. If the Dinan is actually better, than that means our SUVs will be close to 12 flat, and that's without downpipes.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 785 Likes on 505 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by DameMD
That's very impressive. I can only imagine 600+hp in this platform. I already think with my tune the truck is a bit fast for what it is and I am not pushing 500hp yet
When you switch to the 63 platform, you get wider tires, and improved suspension calibration and anti-roll bars. Plus the 63S has an electronic diff with full torque vectoring capability. These things will make a big difference in terms of being able to use the increased HP.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
If you are referring to the GLC43 tune from Dinan Elite then its worth it. It has 466hp and 442tq on 91 pump gas. If you are using 93 you gain 10%-15% more power. I already spoke to Dinan to confirm.

I had the Dinan Sportronic tune and I liked it before I switched to the BMS JB1. It was a modest 30-40hp and 30-40tq gain. The gains from the new Elite Unit are incredible. If you are in the market for tune and don't want to send off your ECU then I would recommend either Dinan Elite or Burger Motorsports (BMS) JB1. No need to get a full ECU tune unless you have downpipes. The only advantage to Dinan over BMS is that Dinan claims to warranty your engine in case of failure due to their tune. BMS doesn't offer such warranty.
So, this will work on the GLC43? Dinan's website didn't show our model. Don't even have the vehicle yet and already itching for a bit more power...I need help.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
So, this will work on the GLC43? Dinan's website didn't show our model. Don't even have the vehicle yet and already itching for a bit more power...I need help.
Lol I am in the same boat as you man. I didn't even break-in my truck and I started modding early. I am always looking for more power.

In case you didn't know, the engine in the c43 is the same as our GLC43. All tunes for the c43/c450 work for us. Vendors probably forget to mention us as we have the SUV.

If you want to take it up a notch, Eurocharged just revamped their stage 1 tune to V2. They are claiming more than 500hp for the AMG43 model vehicles not including downpipe. A bunch of guys in the c43 forums got the updated tune and are going to the drag strip this weekend. I subscribed to the thread as I would like to know their results compared to other tunes. Nothing wrong with getting glc63 power in the glc43.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Smile

Lol I am in the same boat as you man. I didn't even break-in my truck and I started modding early. I am always looking for more power.

In case you didn't know, the engine in the c43 is the same as our GLC43. All tunes for the c43/c450 work for us. Vendors probably forget to mention us as we have the SUV.

If you want to take it up a notch, Eurocharged just revamped their stage 1 tune to V2. They are claiming more than 500hp for the AMG43 model vehicles not including downpipe. A bunch of guys in the c43 forums got the updated tune and are going to the drag strip this weekend. I subscribed to the thread as I would like to know their results compared to other tunes. Nothing wrong with getting glc63 power in the glc43.
while the engine is the same as the car, the layout and our wiring lengths on the Dinan unit may or may not be the correct length to reach the actual "sensors" on the GLC, hence why they may not have listed it on the Dinan site. They probably have not validated it on this platform. If there is someone in the bay area of California , might want to hit them up and see if they need an R&D car for confirmation
Old 10-19-2017, 09:54 AM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by subzero05
while the engine is the same as the car, the layout and our wiring lengths on the Dinan unit may or may not be the correct length to reach the actual "sensors" on the GLC, hence why they may not have listed it on the Dinan site. They probably have not validated it on this platform. If there is someone in the bay area of California , might want to hit them up and see if they need an R&D car for confirmation
If you would like to confirm then that's fine.... From my experience with the Dinan Sportronic and BMS JB1 the engine bay in the c43 and glc43 are almost identical as far as engine/turbo setup and sensors. Both Dinan and BMS did not mention the GLC43 on their website; however, I bought both units and had not one problem. They connected into the same points (sensors) and the instruction guides they have in PDF format worked for me with no issues. The new Dinan Elite unit looks identical to the type of unit as the BMS and uses the exact same connection points. Even the downpipes I purchased were for the the C43 but fit the GLC43.. Mike Custom's and Weistec do not mention the GLC43 on their website but after talking to both, they fit. I just haven't installed them yet as I am waiting for more analysis on the Stage 2 tunes from AMR, OE, and Eurocharge.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
I read that Dinan offers a warranty but does anyone know if Mercedes refuses to service. The 63 will be fast, certainly more so with a tune. But I would be concerned with dealer not honoring warranty and how to deal with Dinan. Any experiences on the forum?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3

Yeah, I don't want to go too crazy or I might as well have gone for the 63. Dinan usually makes good stuff and this is a pretty good price point for what you get. A tune would probably be the most I'd do, other than perhaps an exhaust, but I feel like the 43 is pretty much perfect for my intended use, as is.

Thanks for the info on the engine, this is my first MB...coming from the "dark side" blue/white propeller, so need to do a bit more catching up on things.

Eurocharged sounds like pretty awesome performance and they just posted up a discount, but don't even have the vehicle yet and not sure I want to send ECU out, etc. Not that hard, but ...

Either way, look forward to getting 43 in a month and a half or so.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:39 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer
I read that Dinan offers a warranty but does anyone know if Mercedes refuses to service. The 63 will be fast, certainly more so with a tune. But I would be concerned with dealer not honoring warranty and how to deal with Dinan. Any experiences on the forum?
Can't speak directly to your question with MB, but I can only recall an instance or two over on the BMW forums where people had issues with BMW when they had Dinan products installed. Service, is usually never an issue, but if something breaks and it's engine related (assuming that person got a "tune") that MIGHT cause you some problems. It just really depends on exactly what happened and the one instance I do recall, Dinan did cover the issue. There is legislation (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) regarding warranties, so something to be aware of if you ever get denied warranty work. I only play a lawyer on the internet , but from what I've read and what others have said, MB in this case, would have to give you written notice/proof/etc. that your aftermarket part (Dinan) caused the failure and hence, no warranty coverage by them. Then you hope Dinan steps in to cover.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Correct if MB dealer refused to work on the car , then Dinan has plenty of independent dealers across the company that will do the warranty work - dinan would step up in that case !

they wouldn't still be in business after 35 years or so if they didn't .