GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

21" tire replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 63S
Originally Posted by 303GLC
After a lot of frustration with the ride on my 2020 GLC 63s, I decided to switch from the 21" Pirelli PZeros to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I was getting tired of constant rattles and complaints from the family to the point that I was considering selling the car. Then I switched tires...
WOW - what a difference! The car has gone from crashing over every little imperfection in the road to a smooth, comfortable ride. I was running lower pressure on the Pirellis and at recommended pressure on the Michelins and the new tires are still far better than the old ones.
For anyone who's in the "I'm not sure if I want to keep this car" boat I was in, try switching from Pirelli to Michelin.
hi there - I am currently experiencing the crashing and rough ride in my GLC63 and was looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S but was very wary of the crabbing issue with these tyres. How have the Pilot Sport 4S tyres been long term in regards to crabbing? From what I’ve read that the Pilot 4S and even all summer tyres will have the crabbing issue and only all season tyres will help.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC43
Had the PZeros silent version (ones with the foam inside) on previously and they were dead quiet, albeit a harsher ride due to the stiffer sidewalls. Just recently changed to the PS 4S M01, and they were noisy as hell. That crazy whine when it hits 70km/h. The PS 4S definitely feels softer and grippier. Will probably change to the PS 4S Acoustic tires in the future, however I am not sure if they are available in the M01 (AMG) variant.

BTW, no crabbing issue with the PZeros. Can't say that with the PS 4S, it scares the **** out my passengers when it happens.

Last edited by syke; 02-19-2024 at 12:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GLC63Aus (02-19-2024)