GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Post your AMG GLC Lowering option with Pictures please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2024 | 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Nice!

For everyone here, just remember that Lowering is free at BenzNinja for members

we lower as you want each mode. the majority of of people lowering their cars end up with our reasonable 17mm and never change it after
Changes are also free and unlimited

so before you buy from Belarus banned, think it over

Last edited by BenzNinja; 09-08-2024 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2024 | 10:48 AM

GLC63
Question, what is the max travel the oem struts/bags are capable of without damage?

Has anyone noticed any issues or had to change the struts do to non factory ride height settings?

I'm trying to determine if it can increase wear and durability of the suspension itself.

Hopefully MB thought of this already and the struts are capable of prolonged use while lifted or lowered past oem specs.
Old 08-06-2024 | 12:09 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Some really awesome looking cars on here. I think i'm probably going to be getting a glc 43 amg as my next benz after seeing the potential lowered. I was curious on the ride as well does it handle significantly better? I had my last e class coupe on coilovers and had it handling like a porsche when I fine tuned it. Is there a difference in handling or ride quality when you use the links vs the module?
Old 08-07-2024 | 06:17 PM
Banned

IG: @loweredbenz
as practice shows suspension lowering has no effect on the service life of suspension components, this also applies to air struts.
Old 08-07-2024 | 06:21 PM
Banned

MWMods Lowering Module

Originally Posted by MrNice
Some really awesome looking cars on here. I think i'm probably going to be getting a glc 43 amg as my next benz after seeing the potential lowered. I was curious on the ride as well does it handle significantly better? I had my last e class coupe on coilovers and had it handling like a porsche when I fine tuned it. Is there a difference in handling or ride quality when you use the links vs the module?
Yes, you are right, lowering the suspension of the car affects the driving performance
The car holds the road better, enters corners better and handles better in general, you can feel it.
However, it is important to realize that lowering also gives a certain amount of stiffness.
Old 08-08-2024 | 05:40 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by egorijjj_mwmods
Yes, you are right, lowering the suspension of the car affects the driving performance
The car holds the road better, enters corners better and handles better in general, you can feel it.
However, it is important to realize that lowering also gives a certain amount of stiffness.
Does the ride became bouncy on a lowered air shock because you basically are releasing much of the air. Also I had read previous comments where they complain about “bounciness”.

Last edited by Dnasty; 08-08-2024 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2024 | 05:43 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
LOWERING AND WHEEL SQUAT !

….CAUSING EXTRA EDGE TIRE WEAR - COSTLY PREMATURE REPLACEMENT.

OEM THERE IS NO LONGER FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER OR REAR CAMBER ADJUSTMENT (new car industry’s best kept secret).

NECESSARY TO ALLOW TO ADJUST TIRE CONTACT ANGLES - SPREAD LOAD MORE EVENLY ! - NOW ONE ONLY OEM SETTING - TO SUIT SHOWROOM HEIGHT CONDITIONS !

A RESULT OF EVER INCREASING SPEED OF NEW CAR ASSEMBLY LINES. Stopping to adjust is no longer an option.

ONUS IS NOW BACK ON OWNERS TO FUND PREMATURE REPLACEMENT !

AS NOW “NO ONGOING” - ADJUSTMENT CAPABILITY TO CATER FOR - Altered height, Excess passenger side edge wear through high cambered roads. Extra passenger loads, Fitting wide profile tires. Curb knock damage.

THE OFTEN QUOTED REASSURING “Will carry out a Full Front & Rear ‘4’ Wheel Alignment” - is now only basic Toe (directional) adjustment.

AT K-MAC WE SAW THE NEED (and proudly manufacture IN-HOUSE - not sourcing imports) for Bolt-On kits - Designed so no special tools required or need for time consuming control arm removal….

GLC Models FRONT CAMBER ONLY ($345 - less cost then 1 Quality tire) or Camber and also Caster kits. Along with Rear Camber (and extra Toe to compensate).

Unique K-MAC designs also allow easily accessible and precise single wrench adjustment. Ultimate - direct on alignment rack UNDER LOAD.

SEE SPOILER - KITS TO SUIT VIRTUALLY ALL MERCEDES BENZ MODELS !

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings (and costs) Since 1964 !

Last edited by K-Mac; 08-09-2024 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2024 | 02:42 PM

2021 GLC43 AMG
I'm looking at an MWMods lowering module for my '21 GLC43 and had a couple questions for anyone with experience. Does the suspension still drop an extra 15mm if I put it in Sport+ or double tap the suspension button? So if I put the module on at -30mm front and rear, will it drop to -45 in Sport+ or is that function eliminated? Second, can I set it to stay at the sport+ height even with the vehicle turned off? Meaning could I drive around at -30 and then hit sport+ to drop from -30 to -45 and have it stay there when parked for car shows or pictures, like airing out a car on a traditional air set up. Finally, does the module have the ability to override other settings such as defaulting to having the performance exhaust open upon start up?
Old 08-28-2024 | 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Needzmoarlow
I'm looking at an MWMods lowering module for my '21 GLC43 and had a couple questions for anyone with experience. Does the suspension still drop an extra 15mm if I put it in Sport+ or double tap the suspension button? So if I put the module on at -30mm front and rear, will it drop to -45 in Sport+ or is that function eliminated? Second, can I set it to stay at the sport+ height even with the vehicle turned off? Meaning could I drive around at -30 and then hit sport+ to drop from -30 to -45 and have it stay there when parked for car shows or pictures, like airing out a car on a traditional air set up. Finally, does the module have the ability to override other settings such as defaulting to having the performance exhaust open upon start up?
Hello 👋🏻

1) if you use Sport+, the suspension will be lowered an additional 15mm, so in your example the total height will be -45mm;

2) we can also program a different default driving mode and you can start the engine from a different mode, e.g. Individual or Sport or Sport+;

3) we can also set the memory of the exhaust flap to be open by default.

Please email the VIN to confirm compatibility: info@mwmods.com
Old 09-23-2024 | 05:16 PM

2021 GLC43 AMG

Pulled the trigger on the MWMods lowering module and have been happy so far. Communication was super fast back and forth to get custom presets, and the "installation" is incredibly easy. I come from a stance/fitment background and love slammed SUVs, but still need it to be functional for hauling the family around. So I went with -25/28mm on one setting and -55mm all around on the second preset, so I could max out for car shows and photo shoots. I typically ride with the mild drop setting of -25/28mm and haven't noticed any significant differences in comfort. I gave the car a bath, plugged in the module to pick the extreme low setting and let it "air out" for the photos.
Old 09-23-2024 | 09:24 PM

2010 e550 coupe

Pulled the trigger on the MWMods lowering module and have been happy so far. Communication was super fast back and forth to get custom presets, and the "installation" is incredibly easy. I come from a stance/fitment background and love slammed SUVs, but still need it to be functional for hauling the family around. So I went with -25/28mm on one setting and -55mm all around on the second preset, so I could max out for car shows and photo shoots. I typically ride with the mild drop setting of -25/28mm and haven't noticed any significant differences in comfort. I gave the car a bath, plugged in the module to pick the extreme low setting and let it "air out" for the photos.
I like that height. What size are those wheels?
Old 09-23-2024 | 10:24 PM

2021 GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by Dnasty
I like that height. What size are those wheels?
They're the 21" factory option. 21x8.5 front and 21x9.5 rear, can't remember the offset off the top of my head.

When the spring rolls around, I'm looking at a 21x10 square set up with a little more aggressive offset to really fill out the wheel wells.
​​​​
Old 09-24-2024 | 12:03 AM

2010 e550 coupe
They're the 21" factory option. 21x8.5 front and 21x9.5 rear, can't remember the offset off the top of my head.

When the spring rolls around, I'm looking at a 21x10 square set up with a little more aggressive offset to really fill out the wheel wells.
​​​​
cool didn’t know they were coming that big stock. Does square handle better than staggered?
Old 09-24-2024 | 10:00 AM

2021 GLC43 AMG
I haven't done the research to land on final specs quite yet to make sure I maintain clearances, I just want to fill out the wheel wells a little more. I know a lot of the people in this thread run spacers with their stock wheels, but I plan to fill it out with the combination of wider and lower offset wheels. I'm looking at multi-piece forged wheels, so I can pretty much customize my final fitment and I want to make sure it's perfect from the beginning.
Old 09-24-2024 | 12:57 PM

2021 AMG GLC43

​​​​
OEM fronts 8.5Jx21 ET40 and rears 9.5Jx21 ET22.
Square 21x10 setup might be an issue at the fronts with the limited wheel well space and the lowering...

I went with the 9F ET+30, 10R+8 setup that is just a bit wider than OEM but with aggressive offsets.
Even with my mild lowering of 30mm it still rubbed a tiny bit at the rear. Fronts are already quite close to the suspension members, but you will have to take your own measurements to make sure it will work.

Old 09-24-2024 | 06:35 PM

2021 GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by SkylineEX-S
OEM fronts 8.5Jx21 ET40 and rears 9.5Jx21 ET22.
Square 21x10 setup might be an issue at the fronts with the limited wheel well space and the lowering...

I went with the 9F ET+30, 10R+8 setup that is just a bit wider than OEM but with aggressive offsets.
Even with my mild lowering of 30mm it still rubbed a tiny bit at the rear. Fronts are already quite close to the suspension members, but you will have to take your own measurements to make sure it will work.
I appreciate the insight. I'm not stranger to rolling fenders for Fitment, but I don't know how viable that is with the plastic trim on the wheel arches. I might have to dial it back on the fronts after I get a chance to dig into it a bit.
Old 09-25-2024 | 01:46 PM

2021 AMG GLC43
Plastic trim on the inside is very easy to cut to alleviate any rubbing. At least on the rear arches it is. The fronts I did not touch.

Latest pics with the wheels installed.

Last edited by SkylineEX-S; 09-25-2024 at 01:51 PM.