GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC 63 Tune/Down Pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 29 Posts
996 Turbo, E86 Z4M, GLE 63 AMGs
Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr
This is my custom made downpipes. I had some non-catted downpipes from my C63. I order 2 highflow cats (Vibrant 7830's) and had them welded on. Be sure if you go this route that the Cats are attached at the lowest point of the downpipes. I was told if they are put too close to the top by the turbos they can melt them from getting so hot... I will try and get some drive by videos but havent had time to do so.
Here you are:
Could i trouble you for more detail on the parts used here.
1. Are you basically saying that the W205 C63AMG downpipes are of the similar style and bends as whats used on our GLC63?
2. Did you need to drop the transmission to swap out the new downpipes?
3. Did you do secondary cat deletes too?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2018, 11:26 AM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Originally Posted by hadam3
Could i trouble you for more detail on the parts used here.
1. Are you basically saying that the W205 C63AMG downpipes are of the similar style and bends as whats used on our GLC63?
2. Did you need to drop the transmission to swap out the new downpipes?
3. Did you do secondary cat deletes too?

Thanks!
1. Yes downpipes are the exact same as the w205 C63s.

2. I opted for cutting the stock downpipes in half and welding when I put back in.

3. There are 2 sets on the downpipes. I deleted the upper set and replaced the lower set with some Vibrant 7830 high flow cats.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2016 Audi S4, 2018 Ford F-150
Originally Posted by DanielB
I had to go to the dealer today to pick up some paperwork. While I was there I stopped by service and we got to talking about mods. I was told that they do stage 1 and 2 tunes there and that the tunes are done by Mercedes. Also that the downpipes for stage 2 are made by Mercedes. Then I was told that if I did it through the dealership it doesn’t void my warranty.
Is this for real? Downpipes and a tune good for 700hp and I retain the factory warranty? I searched online and found nothing about this.

Does anyone one have any insight or experience with this? If I can keep my warranty, it’s getting tuned as soon as I get through the break-in.
Since I still haven’t been able to find any answers, I’ll bump my original question.
Can anyone verify what the dealership told me?
Old 12-08-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Since I still haven’t been able to find any answers, I’ll bump my original question.
Can anyone verify what the dealership told me?
Mercedes does not offer tunes or DP's for their vehicles. Your dealership is probably a Renntech dealer.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by G55K
Mercedes does not offer tunes or DP's for their vehicles. Your dealership is probably a Renntech dealer.
I checked Renntech’s site, and they are not.
I had to go in today because there was an issue with pairing my Mercedes Me app, so while I was there I questioned the aftermarket guy some more.
The downpipes are Kleeman. According to the guy at the dealership, the tune is an in house tune, but only offered at three dealerships in the country - Tampa, one in Texas, and I don’t remember where he said the third is. He assured me that it doesn’t void the warranty and that’s documented on the work order when they do the work. I’m still not sure what to make of it.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 63 AMG
I checked Renntech’s site, and they are not.
I had to go in today because there was an issue with pairing my Mercedes Me app, so while I was there I questioned the aftermarket guy some more.
The downpipes are Kleeman. According to the guy at the dealership, the tune is an in house tune, but only offered at three dealerships in the country - Tampa, one in Texas, and I don’t remember where he said the third is. He assured me that it doesn’t void the warranty and that’s documented on the work order when they do the work. I’m still not sure what to make of it.
I was curious if there was any update here.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Wow.... installed JB4 paired with DME and weistec upgraded turbos... holy hell!!!!

Old 05-09-2019, 02:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC63 AMG S Coupe
" holy hell!!!! "

More info, please.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by tedboss1
" holy hell!!!! "

More info, please.
So essentially my vehicle is tuned by DME currently. I added the JB4 to use as a "on the fly" boost controller. It is all bluetooth connected on a app on my iphone. I can change maps (I will show what the maps are) in seconds using my phone. I am able to custom tune my vehicle, change boost, log... just about anything. Here is breakdowns of maps:

Map 0: Disables tuner
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak, suitable for all 91 octane+ fuels
Map 2: 6psi over stock peak, suggested for 93octane+
Map 3: User definable fixed boost profile map (boost safety used to determine fixed boost over stock)
Map 4: Stock performance with CANbus active for logging
Map 5: 6.5psi over stock peak, holding more power to redline, suggested for E30+ or unleaded race gas mixtures
Map 6: User definable map, boost over stock entered on user adjustment page
Map 7: 7psi over stock peak, suitable for unleaded race gas
Map 8: Coming soon - Water/Meth integration progressive map

So basically Im on a heavily tuned and modded GLC, these maps up my boost for more power at the click of a button on my smartphone... When I say on the fly i mean 5 seconds to switch.

I havent seen too many people with these even on the c63s so I believe I am the first with he GLC and god damn is it fun!!!!

Last edited by KingMonkeyJr; 05-09-2019 at 02:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (05-09-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by SCalGLC63AMG
I was curious if there was any update here.
Not really. After asking more questions the story changed to “if you bring the car here you’re fine. It’s possible that another dealership could detect it but we doubt it.”
So basically just a load of BS to try and get me to buy their overpriced tune. I’m convinced that it would be detectable. And if that’s the case I’d rather just go to a reputable tuner that’s upfront about the whole thing.
Meanwhile, I haven’t had much time or motivation to pursue a tune. I seem to only drive the car every other weekend at this point. The rest of the time I’ve been in my work truck - either for work or towing my other car to the track. And I should probably install my radar detector/laser jammer before adding more power. I’ve been pulled over 5 of the last 6 times I’ve driven the GLC.