GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Heated Steering Wheel Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 10:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GLC 43
Heated Steering Wheel Problem

I discovered the other day on my morning commute that when turning on the heated steering wheel stalk, the steering wheel didn't actually start heating. And it hasn't since. There is an "On" icon on the dash screen when I turn the stalk into the "on" position, but again, nothing else happens. It has been slightly warmer here in Chicago in the last couple of days (38-44F) so I was hoping maybe it's too warm for the wheel to turn on the heater but I have no idea. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about this kind of temperature-sensitive operation. Another thing to note is that when I turn the stalk in the "on position," the little red LED on the stalk briefly goes on (turns red) but as soon the stalk switch goes back to its normal position, it stops being red and turns off. Unless I am missing something, I will call the dealer this week. Car is a bought-new '21 GLC 43 with a little under 7,000 miles. Thank you for any insight.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:57 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
not as simple an electrical system as you think-----yes run to the dealer who will run a short test to define the problem