GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Acceleration "dead spot" - AMG GLC 43 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 07:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
a
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
You sure shouldn't see this on a 63. Mine is a bullet when I punch it in this situation but then again, I am tuned. Do me a favor and turn off traction control and try it again. You probably know how but if you don't, hold down the traction control button for several seconds until you see traction control off on the dash. If you don't hold it down, it just puts it in sport mode.

Mine spins the wheels so bad that it is hard to drive with traction control on but when it is off, I know how to feather it for perfect launches
Good thought. I'll definitely check it out. Thx!

It does seem it may be solved when in FULL manual
Old 03-25-2022, 07:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC43 AMG coupe
Thanks, @ParadigmDawg . Unsure if I have that function on my 2020 43, but will look into it.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,641 Likes on 2,245 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
You sure shouldn't see this on a 63. Mine is a bullet when I punch it in this situation but then again, I am tuned. Do me a favor and turn off traction control and try it again. You probably know how but if you don't, hold down the traction control button for several seconds until you see traction control off on the dash. If you don't hold it down, it just puts it in sport mode.

Mine spins the wheels so bad that it is hard to drive with traction control on but when it is off, I know how to feather it for perfect launches
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am kind of surprised that your GLC 63 struggle with traction especially how it has 4MATIC, what tires do you have on them?
Old 03-25-2022, 02:41 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am kind of surprised that your GLC 63 struggle with traction especially how it has 4MATIC, what tires do you have on them?
I have a Stage 2, E30-Eurocharged Tune and a TCU tune. I stick best with PS4S and that is what I immediately put on all my cars the second I get them.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

I have a Stage 2, E30-Eurocharged Tune and a TCU tune. I stick best with PS4S and that is what I immediately put on all my cars the second I get them.
You mentioned your vehicle was tuned but I didn't expect it to be a stage 2, that clears it up for me thank you for your reply.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:43 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 63s
You mentioned your vehicle was tuned but I didn't expect it to be a stage 2, that clears it up for me thank you for your reply.

Even with my 63s, that will spin the rear wheels when I take off like an idiot - which is rare; as it’s rear wheel biased completely until it needs front traction.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by JAMNole
@Bloom_Phaze Glad you don't have the issue, hope you won't, but you know where to ***** about it if you do.

Ha ha sure do mate thx. 😂👍 My cars date with Merc has been delayed till early mid April as that’s the only time they have a spare rental for me. Farkers better not give me that crappy145 (not that the car itself was bad, merely an older model with LOTS of miles) with bloody cloth seats again, nearly broke my back due any lack of lumber support lol.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Bloom_Phaze
Even with my 63s, that will spin the rear wheels when I take off like an idiot - which is rare; as it’s rear wheel biased completely until it needs front traction.
I see but 4MATIC should indeed help a lot despite being rear biased but since a 63 is an enthusiasts' vehicle the wheel spin is a bonus for them. Stage 2 however would be on a different level.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:01 AM

I see but 4MATIC should indeed help a lot despite being rear biased but since a 63 is an enthusiasts' vehicle the wheel spin is a bonus for them. Stage 2 however would be on a different level.

Oh I don’t doubt that, having a stage 2 would dramatically change things for the better…erm, or worst depending on how much money you have in replacing tires that is he he he.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Oh I don’t doubt that, having a stage 2 would dramatically change things for the better…erm, or worst depending on how much money you have in replacing tires that is he he he.
For sure but depending on what was wanted in the first place and therefore was achieved, it might end up being worth it. For example for the smiles
Old 03-28-2022, 10:20 AM

For sure but depending on what was wanted in the first place and therefore was achieved, it might end up being worth it. For example for the smiles

More smiles more miles…👍
Old 03-28-2022, 10:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

More smiles more miles…👍
Yup or if you prefer the other way around as in more miles more smiles.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 AMG GLC43
I have this exact same issue on my 2020 AMG GLC 43. I contacted my local MB dealer (Mechanic side of the dealership) and told them, I fear if my wife or parents take the kids in this car and are face with rolling into a tighter turn from a high traffic road. He said, "its a performance car. It's not safe for everyone to drive."

I have since escalated the issue to MBUSA Headquarters and will be relaying this thread as well. Please continue to let places know like car and drive, and reach out to higherups in MB as well. We need this solved. It's not safe

Thankyou so much for posting this

2020 AMG GLC 43 coupe here in Charlotte, NC, which I've had for about a year. My driving style with this vehicle isn't different in any relevant way versus with past vehicles. There is an acceleration dead spot which is the default occurrence when I am coasting at a low speed and then go to accelerate. Common scenarios are driving toward an intersection and rolling forward as you determine if you are clear to go and then accelerating, or slowing down to let a car in the lane next to you go by so you can then switch lanes and accelerate. I swear, I've almost gotten killed a few times when I had time to go but only if I hustled; depress the accelerator, and nothing happens for a full second. Then I go from having enough time to almost getting hit.

MB local dealer where I got the car provided no answers or solutions. Of all the damn ironies, coming back from that dealer after the most recent service appointment, I had to slow down due to a car in my lane waiting to turn left, then tried to gun it to get into the next lane over, and...nothing, just no response. That time I actually aborted the lane change before the acceleration kicked in.

It doesn't do this in any other set of circumstances, not from a dead stop, not when I accelerate quickly after coasting downward to 20 mph (for example). I wonder if anyone else has experienced this or has thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited by wizardLee; 08-06-2022 at 11:07 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wizardLee:
JAMNole (08-06-2022), piyushpardeshi (12-14-2023)
Old 08-06-2022, 11:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by wizardLee
I have this exact same issue on my 2020 AMG GLC 43. I contacted my local MB dealer (Mechanic side of the dealership) and told them, I fear if my wife or parents take the kids in this car and are face with rolling into a tighter turn from a high traffic road. He said, "its a performance car. It's not safe for everyone to drive."

I have since escalated the issue to MBUSA Headquarters and will be relaying this thread as well. Please continue to let places know like car and drive, and reach out to higherups in MB as well. We need this solved. It's not safe

Thankyou so much for posting this
@wizardLee Thanks for sharing that - and WOW, what a horribly arrogant (and stupid) response. It's **clearly a design flaw** and he's trying to spin it as a "feature"? lolol, absurd

Almost got killed again the other day, I just can't 100% eliminate the life long expectation/experience of, you know, my car actually doing something when I hit the accelerator.

Keep us updated!
Old 08-10-2022, 01:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
2022 AMG GLC 43
Happens to me as well sometimes on mine. Pull out into oncoming traffic, FULL THROTTLE.. blah nothing, just rolling then.. WHHAAAAAAAAAP!!!
Old 08-10-2022, 08:45 AM

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
Subaru BRZ
Can you work around or avoid this issue by manually downshifting prior to lane changes and whatnot?
Old 08-10-2022, 09:03 AM

2022 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Can you work around or avoid this issue by manually downshifting prior to lane changes and whatnot?
For an example, pulling out of a car wash to turn left. Look left and right, ... cars coming both ways. I floor it to get out quick, I sputter and roll while cars are headed at me then the car suddenly wakes up and goes nuts. We survive.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:59 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2020 AMG GLC 43
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (it's a long thread), but if you hold the left shift paddle for a second or so, the car will downshift into the most appropriate gear for the speed you're rolling at. It's still not an excuse for the acceleration lag (which shouldn't happen at all), but keep it in mind. Also, when you're done accelerating, hold the right shift paddle for a second to go back into automatic shifting mode.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tim_P:
eagl3 (04-09-2024), piyushpardeshi (12-14-2023)
Old 08-10-2022, 02:29 PM

2022 AMG GLC 43
So just happened again. Pulled out of the parking lot at work onto the busy street, gave it a little gas to get moving, floored it after completing the turn and BLAHHHH nothing... then WHAAAAAAAAA! Stuff on the center console goes back into the back seat lol.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by ChadInOKC
So just happened again. Pulled out of the parking lot at work onto the busy street, gave it a little gas to get moving, floored it after completing the turn and BLAHHHH nothing... then WHAAAAAAAAA! Stuff on the center console goes back into the back seat lol.
Lmao maybe its intentional to make the driving experience more exciting
Old 08-10-2022, 02:34 PM

2022 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Lmao maybe its intentional to make the driving experience more exciting
Old 09-26-2022, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 AMG GLC43
@wizardLee Thanks for sharing that - and WOW, what a horribly arrogant (and stupid) response. It's **clearly a design flaw** and he's trying to spin it as a "feature"? lolol, absurd

Almost got killed again the other day, I just can't 100% eliminate the life long expectation/experience of, you know, my car actually doing something when I hit the accelerator.

Keep us updated!
Sooo head quarters insisted I bring the car in for inspections before escalating it any further. I kept telling them, there is nothing wrong with my specific car, it is a design flaw. I brought it in anyways and the MB dealer inspected it, test drove it and said it is working properly. It was wild though because as we were driving it, there was a window to make a tight intersection turn while de-accelerating and the mechanic driving the car wouldn't take the turn. That spoke in volumes about his trust for the car.

Since that day, I have been caling head quarters and the rep named roman for weeks. He hasn't returned my calls or emails. This whole proccess has been infuriating

I am so glad I am not alone in this. Please everyone try and call mercedes benz head quarters and maybe Car and Driver

Thankyou!

-Lee
The following users liked this post:
piyushpardeshi (12-14-2023)
Old 09-28-2022, 01:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
GLK350 2013, GLC63S AMG
Originally Posted by wizardLee
Sooo head quarters insisted I bring the car in for inspections before escalating it any further. I kept telling them, there is nothing wrong with my specific car, it is a design flaw. I brought it in anyways and the MB dealer inspected it, test drove it and said it is working properly. It was wild though because as we were driving it, there was a window to make a tight intersection turn while de-accelerating and the mechanic driving the car wouldn't take the turn. That spoke in volumes about his trust for the car.

Since that day, I have been caling head quarters and the rep named roman for weeks. He hasn't returned my calls or emails. This whole proccess has been infuriating

I am so glad I am not alone in this. Please everyone try and call mercedes benz head quarters and maybe Car and Driver

Thankyou!

-Lee
Yeah man, u cant fight it alone, there must be lots of noise for em to admit the problem. Ill be calling em once i have my car back, that stupid delay bug in AT mode is really annoying
Old 10-19-2022, 12:31 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63
I have been playing around some and have noticed, when I come to a full stop and I engage the "HOLD" feature when I do accelerate from stop, no issue and nice clean take off. I am pretty sure this is a mapping/lean issue off idle. They try to reduce emissions at idle and I have seen this in some motorcycle mapping as well. I know once I tuned my T7, my off idle performance increase was greatly improved. Has anyone with a HHT noticed a difference off idle?
Old 01-25-2023, 03:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GLC 43 AMG
Exclamation

I've had my 2020 GLC 43 AMG at the dealership for almost 3 weeks now for this exact same issue. No codes thrown so they can't figure out what it is. They have a case open with MB and we're at the point where we're asking for a buy back. No idea what will happen from here on out.
The following users liked this post:
piyushpardeshi (12-14-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acceleration "dead spot" - AMG GLC 43 coupe