GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Looking for Opinions on Upgrades for New AMG GLC 43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Question Looking for Opinions on Upgrades for New AMG GLC 43 Coupe

Hi, I am new here. I am about to purchase a new 2022 AMG GLC 43 Coupe in the grey magno color. There were a few options I would like your opinions on.

1. What size wheels? 20 or 21 inch? From what I see, I might get a little better acceleration from the 20" (acceleration is important to me) but I know the consensus is that 21" look better. Is the ride quality from the 21" any worse?
2. Do I need intelligent light system headlamps? From my understanding, the biggest benefit is the lighting around curves. I've never had an aimed headlight, so I don't know how beneficial this is.
3. Do I need the upgraded Burmester surround sound system? How is the stock speaker system? I listen to hip hop mostly, but some rock and podcasts.
4. What is the difference with the AMG performance steering wheel? From renderings, it only looks like the small sections on 3 and 9 o clock are changed from leather to microfiber. It surprised me that microfiber is an upgrade from the leather. Is it any thicker than the stock? Why is microfiber an upgrade?

Thank you for all the help!
Old 06-12-2022, 04:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GLC 43
I have a 2021 GLC 43 SUV with the 20'' wheels, intelligent head lamps, and Burmester system. Here are my reasons for these:

1. I live in Chicago, where crappy roads and potholes are an issue. Hence the 20 inchers. No regrets, as I think they look great and give the SUV a slightly more "trucky" appearance.
2. I changed to OPTING IN for the intelligent head lamps kind of at the last minute. First I said to myself "Pffft, why do I need to pay extra money for something that will give me slightly better functionality." But then I read a report (not sure from where, but it was reputable, maybe Consumer Reports?) that said that the upgraded headlamps are MUCH better in performance where they light up the road better, farther, while not blinding the oncoming traffic. Plus my car is black with tan leather spec, so the upgraded headlights made the car look more murdered out, which I thought looked better.
3. I have the Burmester and I am not an audiophile. I like it. I got it because I read that it is one of the better systems. Plus the base system's door speakers are black plastic (not silver perforated like Burmester) and look cheap on the aluminum panel. No regrets, the system is awesome.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:00 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts
04 E55, 06 E55, 05 G55, 14 E63s, 12 cls63
Originally Posted by schudson9
Hi, I am new here. I am about to purchase a new 2022 AMG GLC 43 Coupe in the grey magno color. There were a few options I would like your opinions on.

1. What size wheels? 20 or 21 inch? From what I see, I might get a little better acceleration from the 20" (acceleration is important to me) but I know the consensus is that 21" look better. Is the ride quality from the 21" any worse?
2. Do I need intelligent light system headlamps? From my understanding, the biggest benefit is the lighting around curves. I've never had an aimed headlight, so I don't know how beneficial this is.
3. Do I need the upgraded Burmester surround sound system? How is the stock speaker system? I listen to hip hop mostly, but some rock and podcasts.
4. What is the difference with the AMG performance steering wheel? From renderings, it only looks like the small sections on 3 and 9 o clock are changed from leather to microfiber. It surprised me that microfiber is an upgrade from the leather. Is it any thicker than the stock? Why is microfiber an upgrade?

Thank you for all the help!
"Microfiber" is alcantara. its a slightly more expensive material...slightly. upkeep is more involved. not worth it in my opinion