GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Looking for Opinions on Upgrades for New AMG GLC 43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 09:13 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Tigbergslim
I have the PO number. Now what do I do ?
First you go here to the company that does all the shipping for MB from Germany to US.
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/

Click on the Track and Trace button on the top right of the page
When that page loads, under "Cargo Info" select "Customer REF number" and then paste in your PO number in the box to the right. They use the PO number for the tracking and shipping.

you will get either "No Record Found" or eventually, once your car is loaded on a ship, you will get all the info of the ship it will travel on to show departure date, arrival etc. ALso once loaded, you can confirm your car as once it is loaded on the ship AND the shipping company updates the data base, you'll see your VIN in the shipping info.

Once it is on the ship, then you go to https://www.myshiptracking.com/
Once you go there, put in the name of the ship your car is loaded on in the search bar and hit go-
It will show you the boats position as reported by Terrestrial AIS (position system) as you have to pay extra to get the sat AIS feed, so you can watch the ship literally get underway from Bremerhaven and once it gets out to the open ocean, you will loose track for 4-5 days as it crosses the atlantic then will pop up off the coast as it heads to Baltimore or Georgia etc. Bremerhaven is the port in Germany all the cars ship from.

I watched my ship moor in Baltimore on the BMW side of the harbor for 2 days, then move across the harbor to the MB pier, then my car was finally offloaded. So just remember, that ship has more than just MB cars on it. Then it went to Brunswick and dropped off cars. Not sure where you are located, but all MB from mid Atlantic to the north and mid west come through Baltimore. Depending on where you live, once it gets to the VPC, it has to be finalized/prepped and then loaded onto a truck for further delivery to your dealer. In my case, I am 25 miles from Baltimore, so my dealer went up and got my car the day the VPC released it.

Also, it took 4 days for the shipping companies data base to update and show my car was loaded. My car was loaded and left Bremerhaven on Friday but it wasn't until Tuesday morning it showed loaded and I got the ship info. So be patient and check the link at the shipping company until you get loaded status and a ship name, then let the anticipation begin!

Last edited by I_love_ICE; 08-02-2022 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tigbergslim (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350 coupe GLC 43 coupe
Originally Posted by I_love_ICE
First you go here to the company that does all the shipping for MB from Germany to US.
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/

Click on the Track and Trace button on the top right of the page
When that page loads, under "Cargo Info" select "Customer REF number" and then paste in your PO number in the box to the right. They use the PO number for the tracking and shipping.

you will get either "No Record Found" or eventually, once your car is loaded on a ship, you will get all the info of the ship it will travel on to show departure date, arrival etc. ALso once loaded, you can confirm your car as once it is loaded on the ship AND the shipping company updates the data base, you'll see your VIN in the shipping info.

Once it is on the ship, then you go to https://www.myshiptracking.com/
Once you go there, put in the name of the ship your car is loaded on in the search bar and hit go-
It will show you the boats position as reported by Terrestrial AIS (position system) as you have to pay extra to get the sat AIS feed, so you can watch the ship literally get underway from Bremerhaven and once it gets out to the open ocean, you will loose track for 4-5 days as it crosses the atlantic then will pop up off the coast as it heads to Baltimore or Georgia etc. Bremerhaven is the port in Germany all the cars ship from.

I watched my ship moor in Baltimore on the BMW side of the harbor for 2 days, then move across the harbor to the MB pier, then my car was finally offloaded. So just remember, that ship has more than just MB cars on it. Then it went to Brunswick and dropped off cars. Not sure where you are located, but all MB from mid Atlantic to the north and mid west come through Baltimore. Depending on where you live, once it gets to the VPC, it has to be finalized/prepped and then loaded onto a truck for further delivery to your dealer. In my case, I am 25 miles from Baltimore, so my dealer went up and got my car the day the VPC released it.

Also, it took 4 days for the shipping companies data base to update and show my car was loaded. My car was loaded and left Bremerhaven on Friday but it wasn't until Tuesday morning it showed loaded and I got the ship info. So be patient and check the link at the shipping company until you get loaded status and a ship name, then let the anticipation begin!
Thanks man !! Tht was useful information. I have the VIN and PO number already. I put the PO number in like you said and nothing came up so I guess it's still in the factory just sitting there. I will definitely keep using the information you gave me to keep checking. My friend tht works in corporate looked into it for me also and this is wht he was told....

Old 08-02-2022, 02:27 PM

C63
Understand, BUT, if you have a VIN, it is on the production line. Mine was delayed production too, but I didn't have to give up anything except a month of time-Like I said earlier, the only thing i couldn't get was the Burmeister (which I had in my 21 C63 I traded). I got all other options I wanted. Just keep checking, your car could be done and sitting at the yard waiting for a ship. Depending on ship loading, that can be a couple of weeks. Once you get the ship info, it will be on the way soon! I played the waiting game from Feb to July (not as long as you) but it was worth it. I love my GLC43. Perfect daily-
Old 08-02-2022, 02:32 PM

C63
I had a friend of mines who works in corporate look up my vehicle and the wireless charging and Burmester were missing.
I forgot to mention, IRT the wireless charger, this works awesome. Looks like it was made by MB. I can drop my S21 in the charger pad and still shut the lid with this unit. ANd you still have a USB port for your passenger to charge with-

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-02-2022, 02:34 PM

E 350 coupe GLC 43 coupe
Understand, BUT, if you have a VIN, it is on the production line. Mine was delayed production too, but I didn't have to give up anything except a month of time-Like I said earlier, the only thing i couldn't get was the Burmeister (which I had in my 21 C63 I traded). I got all other options I wanted. Just keep checking, your car could be done and sitting at the yard waiting for a ship. Depending on ship loading, that can be a couple of weeks. Once you get the ship info, it will be on the way soon! I played the waiting game from Feb to July (not as long as you) but it was worth it. I love my GLC43. Perfect daily-
Yea man I had the VIN number since April !! Smh
Old 08-07-2022, 04:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2022 GLC 43 AMG SUV
As I posted earlier today on a different thread, I received my pretty options-loaded 2022 AMG GLC 43 SUV in mid-May after ordering it in November last year; the initial delivery date was given as Feb/Mar 2022, so it was not too bad. Could not get a wireless charger and a dash cam--can't they just buy them from Amazon? ;-)

BTW, the HUD is fantastic; the red stitching and red seat belts look good, too, with black leather.
Tigbergslim (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 04:36 PM

E 350 coupe GLC 43 coupe
I forgot to mention, IRT the wireless charger, this works awesome. Looks like it was made by MB. I can drop my S21 in the charger pad and still shut the lid with this unit. ANd you still have a USB port for your passenger to charge with-

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081SX75V1...roduct_details
when I go on Amazon it says it does not fit the 2022... ihave you had any problems with yours ?
Old 08-08-2022, 09:01 AM

C63
when I go on Amazon it says it does not fit the 2022... ihave you had any problems with yours ?
Fits perfect-no issues at all.
Tigbergslim (08-08-2022)