GLC 43 AMG 2018 Exhaust valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 43 AMG 2018
GLC 43 AMG 2018 Exhaust valve

Hi All,

just curious about the exhaust for GLC 43 AMG 2018, does it have an exhaust valve flap like the pre-facelifted one? if not, how does the exhaust is louder when change to Sport+ mode?
thank you!

The car does not have the exhaust button so not sure if it has a flap.

I want to see if I can install ASR Exhaust flap control module.
https://europerformance.com.au/shop/...or-amg-glc-63/

Thanks All!
Old 09-19-2022, 11:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,892 Posts
PFL205.064
Originally Posted by isaazk
Hi All,

just curious about the exhaust for GLC 43 AMG 2018, does it have an exhaust valve flap like the pre-facelifted one? if not, how does the exhaust is louder when change to Sport+ mode?
thank you!

The car does not have the exhaust button so not sure if it has a flap.

I want to see if I can install ASR Exhaust flap control module.
https://europerformance.com.au/shop/...or-amg-glc-63/

Thanks All!
I can't remember fully but if memory serves me right, the standard sport exhaust does not have one.

The best way to tell is to look inside the exhaust, have someone in the vehicle switch the vehicle to sport+ and then comfort while you observe for any movement.

Technically you should be able to hear it opening and closing if there is one so you don't really have to have someone there changing the modes for you, just open the door and all windows and listen while you switch modes, does it have one?

Edit: The PE (Performance Exhaust with the button has it for sure) but if you don't have the button then you have the standard sport exhaust.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 09-19-2022 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:39 AM

GLC 43 AMG 2018
Thanks!

yes the car does not have the exhaust button, which I believe it does not have a flap for opening / closing.

Just out of curiosity, how come the exhaust gets louder when its changed to sport+ mode but it does not have a flap?

Cheers
Old 09-20-2022, 01:57 AM

GLC 43 AMG 2018
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I can't remember fully but if memory serves me right, the standard sport exhaust does not have one.

The best way to tell is to look inside the exhaust, have someone in the vehicle switch the vehicle to sport+ and then comfort while you observe for any movement.

Technically you should be able to hear it opening and closing if there is one so you don't really have to have someone there changing the modes for you, just open the door and all windows and listen while you switch modes, does it have one?

Edit: The PE (Performance Exhaust with the button has it for sure) but if you don't have the button then you have the standard sport exhaust.

Thanks!

yes the car does not have the exhaust button, which I believe it does not have a flap for opening / closing.

Just out of curiosity, how come the exhaust gets louder when its changed to sport+ mode but it does not have a flap?

Cheers
Old 09-20-2022, 08:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,892 Posts
PFL205.064
Originally Posted by isaazk
Thanks!

Cheers
That is mainly because of the ECU at work, if you hear pops (they should also be present on the standard non PE just not as much), then the ECU has been adjusting timing to produce it.