GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Car battery specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 03:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 63S AMG
Car battery specs

Guys do someone know exact specs for car battery ? You kept OEM one or jumped for different brand ?

Need to change it after 5years...

thx
Old 05-26-2023, 02:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
I went with Auto Zone. 1 - because I had to. 2- the Mercedes dealership is absolutely terrible.
My story.
I took the 43 in for it's 4th year service (30000 miles). you get a sheet with a checklist of service performed and things inspected. one box says "Check battery condition. Attach printout to sheet". I have never gotten this printout. Two days later just starting out, I get the message pull over and keep engine running. Not knowing what it meant at the time I performed the usual tech support solution that fixed all the other gremlins I have encountered with the car. I shut it off and restarted. And the trip was normal. Two days later (car was not driven), it wouldn't start. Tried my battery charger, wife's car, mechanic's jump pack and the tow truck I then called. Still wouldn't start. The car then needed to be taken out of the garage and turned 90 degrees to get it on the tow truck. Ever wondered how you put an electronic transmission shifter into neutral with a dead battery? You can't . After much internet searching I found the solution. Putting the battery charger back on gave it enough juice to move the **** lever to neutral. Towed to my mechanic who replace the battery. He determined the the battery had an internal short.
Old 05-28-2023, 08:01 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by Koki_999
Guys do someone know exact specs for car battery ? You kept OEM one or jumped for different brand ?

Need to change it after 5years...

thx
Closest stealership quoted me right at $500 for OE replacement if I carried it out, so after I stopped laughing, decided I'll go with an Optima yellow top, specifically model DH7. I've used Optima on various race/street cars for over years, and only ever had one go bad early out of probably over a dozen if I had to guess. Was replaced in a week, so really couldn't complain. I have two in the garage now that are over 10 years old, and both are still going strong.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,838 Likes on 2,417 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by 4npower
Closest stealership quoted me right at $500 for OE replacement if I carried it out, so after I stopped laughing, decided I'll go with an Optima yellow top, specifically model DH7. I've used Optima on various race/street cars for over years, and only ever had one go bad early out of probably over a dozen if I had to guess. Was replaced in a week, so really couldn't complain. I have two in the garage now that are over 10 years old, and both are still going strong.
Interesting, first time hearing about it on the forums actually glad to hear it treated you well and thanks for sharing your experience, will add that to my shopping list when I need to replace mine.
Old 05-30-2023, 03:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 63S AMG
Originally Posted by 4npower
I was quoted even more, some 630 EUR in local dealership - 450EUR just for battery, rest to get the job done....

thx for reply, will check DH7