Radar Sensors Dirty Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC43
Radar Sensors Dirty Message

Hi All,

Recently bought a CPO 2020 GLC43 (early June 2023). Mostly love the car, but I keep getting this annoying pop-up message that my “Radar Sensors Dirty” (forget exact wording).

I’ve looked it up in the manual and it says to take a damp cloth with mild soap and “clean the sensors”. I’ve done this several times and yet I still get this damned message.

one note: while cleaning the radar sensors I’ve always been gentle, but firm. The first time I cleaned them I noticed one of them easily gets “pushed in”. I’m thinking maybe that one isn’t properly connected anymore?

I work from home so I don’t drive often which is why I haven’t been quicker to get this resolved.

any help/thoughts would be welcome but I’m thinking it’s time to go to the dealer… just hope this is something that may be covered under CPO.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jposluszny
Hi All,

Recently bought a CPO 2020 GLC43 (early June 2023). Mostly love the car, but I keep getting this annoying pop-up message that my “Radar Sensors Dirty” (forget exact wording).

I’ve looked it up in the manual and it says to take a damp cloth with mild soap and “clean the sensors”. I’ve done this several times and yet I still get this damned message.

one note: while cleaning the radar sensors I’ve always been gentle, but firm. The first time I cleaned them I noticed one of them easily gets “pushed in”. I’m thinking maybe that one isn’t properly connected anymore?

I work from home so I don’t drive often which is why I haven’t been quicker to get this resolved.

any help/thoughts would be welcome but I’m thinking it’s time to go to the dealer… just hope this is something that may be covered under CPO.
I bought a 2023 GLC and had the same issue. After a week at MB dealership, MB technical support sent them an update that was needed for the care. It resolved the issue.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by medic8185
I bought a 2023 GLC and had the same issue. After a week at MB dealership, MB technical support sent them an update that was needed for the care. It resolved the issue.
Thank you for the input. Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I’m not too active on here.

ugh, just don’t want to be without my car for any amount of time, let alone a full week, but hopefully if I mention this it’ll quicken them just updating the software.