GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC63S 2020/2018 (PF/FL) sound, tune and warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i GT
GLC63S 2020/2018 (PF/FL) sound, tune and warranty

Hello, I am new to MB world. I have owned 6-cylinder cars (BMW and Audi) and I have always had the dream to drive a nice sounding V8. Because of all the ristrictions, especially in Europe, it feels like now or never to buy and drive a V8.
My option A would be a GLC63s FL (2020), option B GLC63s PF (2018) and C an Audi RS6 (2018).

I have a number of questions and the answers can help me make the right decision.

I prever the FL, because of the looks and the MBUX entertainment, but ultimately the sound/experience of the V8 is more important for me. I especially want to hear the nice, deep sound of the V8 when I drive the car, so I don't mean that the sound has to be extremely loud on the outside. Unfortunately the FL doesn't sound as good as the PF. I am looking for a solution to improve the sound without having any warranty issues.

I am curious about your experiences regarding the following:
If I have an ECU+ (HHT) carried out by RENNtech on a 2020 model and if I have the EVM RENNtech module, will I get the V8 experience I am looking for without anny warranty issues? Or would it still be a better idea to buy a 2018 model?
Or maybe there are any other ideas?

I'm really looking forward to responses, thanks in advance!