No power inside the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 GLC coupe AMG
No power inside the car

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2022 GLC Coupe AMG. The car was flooded a year ago and was sitting in someone's house for a whole year. I charged the batter and inside the engine gets power but nothing inside the car. No cluster, no way to put in neutral. Door lights dont come on as well so suspect its not the EIS. IS there a master fuse/fuse box that could be causing this? TIA
Old 02-22-2024, 06:47 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by nckarm40
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2022 GLC Coupe AMG. The car was flooded a year ago and was sitting in someone's house for a whole year.
You bought a car that was in a flood, then it sat(inside a house?), and corroded for a year? Tf? Hopefully it was dirt cheap, because I suspect you will be chasing this problem, and many other problems down the road for as long as you own it. These things are like computers on wheels, and water is not your friend. Best of luck, as I wouldn't even know where to start with this one.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 GLC coupe AMG
Originally Posted by 4npower
You bought a car that was in a flood, then it sat(inside a house?), and corroded for a year? Tf? Hopefully it was dirt cheap, because I suspect you will be chasing this problem, and many other problems down the road for as long as you own it. These things are like computers on wheels, and water is not your friend. Best of luck, as I wouldn't even know where to start with this one.
Thank you for the insight. I’m a mechanic and obv know what gotten myself into. Currently testing fuses etc but sometimes collaboration can get you places thinking alone can’t.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:40 AM

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 ML63
Let us know how those fuses test
Best of luck with the project