Distronic plus Front Bumper Radar Sensor issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 E320
Distronic plus Front Bumper Radar Sensor issue

Hello everyone,

I recently had an accident with my Mercedes W253 GLC43 coupe, causing some damage to the under-chassis. While the physical repairs have been completed, I'm facing a persistent radar issue that we're struggling to resolve.

The fault code "U150387: Communication with the radar sensor 3 has a malfunction. The message is missing" is the main challenge. We initially suspected a fault in radar sensor 3(right radar sensor) and swapped it with sensor 2 (left radar sensor), as they share the same part number. Surprisingly, both sensors tested fine when installed to the "sensor 2 connector." However, sensor 3 continued to malfunction shown in xentry diagnosis.

We then considered the possibility of a wiring issue with the right radar sensor. After a thorough check, we confirmed that all wiring is in good condition. When we install both left/right sensor to the right radar sensor connector, it worked but identified itself as radar sensor 2, contrary to our expectations, it should be sensor 3.

In summary:
  • Wiring for both left and right radar sensors is in good condition.
  • Both radar sensors are functioning properly.
  • Both sensors are original fitted in the car.
  • Both sensors identify themselves as "sensor 2."
  • Fault code: "U150387: Communication with the radar sensor 3 has a malfunction. The message is missing."
  • Replaced a new radar sensor control unit N62/1.
I've included a video below for a clearer understanding of the issue.

My question is, how can I code the radar sensor to identify itself as sensor 3? Is there any calibration or coding required? I attempted to code the radar sensor control unit N62/1 without success.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:19 AM
SPONSOR

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
E200 2010, G63 2018, E53s 2019, EQS53 Touring 2021, S500 2022, A200 2023
Both radars are exactly same in hardware and software, so how your car (radar control unit) differentiate which one is 2 or which one is 3, is by ground (brown) cables, there are 4 radars:

B92/3 FL Radar: Pin 1 and Pin 5 are Ground
B92/4 FR Radar: Pin 1 and Pin 6 are Ground

So my suggestion is checking the grounding wires.