Notices

2020 V167 GLE

 
Old 11-17-2018, 08:08 PM
  #1076  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Production scheduled!

Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
Nice. Did he mention if they received any additional allocations?
He said there are several others being built same time as mine.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:38 PM
  #1077  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
My order is in!

Allocation called for Feb build.

A couple of things I am still unsure of at this point that I need to research more before things get locked in are the interior trim and the wheels. On the former I went with the high gloss grey linden and on the latter the 20" AMG wheels.

I ordered a triple black 450 (black paint, black leather, and black headliner). I thought the linden would be more of a darker anthracite color, but looking at the DOG on my pc it appears to be a lighter brown instead? - I had a color printout of the DOG with me but the color accuracy was way off. Can someone post a decent pic of this interior choice and what would make a better choice? I assume the grey oak or the Aluminum.

Of note for those here hoping to escape the faux exhaust, there is reason to believe that the AMG Exterior Line Pkg includes functional rear exhaust pipes. My order sheet details the components as such:
  • Dual Exhaust Pipes
  • AMG Line Exterior
  • Sport Exhaust System
  • Sport Styling

Last edited by buddy0329; 11-17-2018 at 09:03 PM.
buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 PM
  #1078  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,635
Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
19 BMW X7 xDrive 50i
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
He said there are several others being built same time as mine.
I'll check with my dealer on Monday if they received any allocations. I'm still not 100% sure of my build (options, interior, wheels, etc.). I'll make my final decisions once we get final pricing,
JoeMa is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:54 PM
  #1079  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Buddy,
You can google a Mercedes trim color and get a variety of pictures for most. Take a look at metal weave and Natural grain
grey oak....
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:15 PM
  #1080  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Interior trim options

Originally Posted by buddy0329 View Post
A couple of things I am still unsure of at this point that I need to research more before things get locked in are the interior trim and the wheels. On the former I went with the high gloss grey linden and on the latter the 20" AMG wheels.

I ordered a triple black 450 (black paint, black leather, and black headliner). I thought the linden would be more of a darker anthracite color, but looking at the DOG on my pc it appears to be a lighter brown instead? - I had a color printout of the DOG with me but the color accuracy was way off. Can someone post a decent pic of this interior choice and what would make a better choice? I assume the grey oak or the Aluminum.
Grey & brown descriptions & images are confusing. Here is what High-gloss grey linden looks like on the German site:


High-gloss grey linden

The German site lists a designo Wood Ash Sealed Black Open Grain, but the US site has designo Natural Grain Brown Ash which looks black in the DOG. Here is from the German site:


designo Wood Ash Sealed Black Open Grain

GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:23 PM
  #1081  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
I'll check with my dealer on Monday if they received any allocations. I'm still not 100% sure of my build (options, interior, wheels, etc.). I'll make my final decisions once we get final pricing,
I don’t know Mercedes but on some brands the order locks early and can’t be changed. You would know best but I had it happen on one over 3 months before the scheduled production date.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 PM
  #1082  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
Buddy,
You can google a Mercedes trim color and get a variety of pictures for most. Take a look at metal weave and Natural grain
grey oak....
Hi Ron,

The dealer told me that the color code for Grey Linden (H18) is new for Mercedes? I've found tons of pics for Brown Linden trimmed interiors online but not the Grey Linden.

buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:57 PM
  #1083  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Grey & brown descriptions & images are confusing. Here is what High-gloss grey linden looks like on the German site:


High-gloss grey linden

The German site lists a designo Wood Ash Sealed Black Open Grain, but the US site has designo Natural Grain Brown Ash which looks black in the DOG. Here is from the German site:


designo Wood Ash Sealed Black Open Grain
Thank you Greg! That looks much better. Not sure I'm completely sold, but better.
buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:31 PM
  #1084  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post

I don’t know Mercedes but on some brands the order locks early and can’t be changed. You would know best but I had it happen on one over 3 months before the scheduled production date.
My guy says I have probably a month to change. Seriously considering Selenite Grey in lieu of Polar White for a change.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:39 PM
  #1085  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post

my guy says I have probably a month to change. Seriously considering Selenite Grey in lieu of Polar White for a change.
Did he have an estimate for pricing? I thought maybe around December 1st there would be a new DOG. It seems likely that Germany, (maybe all of Europe) will get them a little earlier than the US. By late February they are closing on 5 months of production.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:48 PM
  #1086  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW FL
Posts: 144
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLE 43 SUV
After decades of owning silver cars, my 2018 GLE 43 is selenite grey with the night package, and I like the look much better, though with the panorama roof it's a heat sink in SW Florida. Not a problem in Oregon, I imagine.
Shrdlu is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:53 PM
  #1087  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post

Did he have an estimate for pricing? I thought maybe around December 1st there would be a new DOG. It seems likely that Germany, (maybe all of Europe) will get them a little earlier than the US. By late February they are closing on 5 months of production.
Nothing on pricing yet. I think an updated DOG in a couple weeks with pricing is a good guess.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 PM
  #1088  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Shrdlu View Post
After decades of owning silver cars, my 2018 GLE 43 is selenite grey with the night package, and I like the look much better, though with the panorama roof it's a heat sink in SW Florida. Not a problem in Oregon, I imagine.
We do have periods of upper 90s to over 100 in the Summer, but not as oppressive as. FLA or the Southwest.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 08:56 AM
  #1089  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post

My guy says I have probably a month to change.
GregW, I was told the same yesterday.

buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:37 AM
  #1090  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
Pano Roof second thoughts

I ordered the triple black 450 with the panoramic roof, but now having second thoughts. I've always had standard sized moon roofs / sun roofs and would never consider ordering a car without one. However, we've never owned a car with a panoramic roof.

Now I'm reading about some of the downsides of the pano roof: unwanted heat transmission, creaks, squeaks, road noise transmission, glare due to the fabric cover not being thick enough.

Am I crazy for considering removing the option on what I hope to be a long term vehicle 5-8 years (I'm not leasing)? Is there a standard sized moon roof as a standard if you go sans pano or is it all or nothing?

Edit: The DOG does show under standard equipment on page 10: "Power tilt / sliding sunroof"

Last edited by buddy0329; 11-18-2018 at 10:08 AM.
buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:55 AM
  #1091  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 57
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLE 450, 2018 Mulsanne speed
Originally Posted by buddy0329 View Post
I ordered the triple black 450 with the panoramic roof, but now having second thoughts. I've always had standard sized moon roofs / sun roofs and would never consider ordering a car without one. However, we've never owned a car with a panoramic roof.

Now I'm reading about some of the downsides of the pano roof: unwanted heat transmission, creaks, squeaks, road noise transmission, glare due to the fabric cover not being thick enough.

Am I crazy for considering removing the option on what I hope to be a long term vehicle 5-8 years (I'm not leasing)? Is there a standard sized moon roof as a standard if you go sans pano or is it all or nothing?
The heat from panoramic roof is really bad. even have a fabric cover, still hot after parking outside for awhile. leased 3 years on GLA nothing like creaks ever happened. i guess the quality wont be an issue. For noise I don't think will be that much different, on S class still quiet and isolated from outside.

On the other hand, panoramic roof dose make the car inside feels more open. some nice weather day open up and enjoy. But i am in FL, i wont get Panoramic roof again.
ShrimpKing is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:03 AM
  #1092  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
We do have periods of upper 90s to over 100 in the Summer, but not as oppressive as. FLA or the Southwest.
Idaho isn’t exactly known for oppressive heat either. We were schooled about the advantage of Ceramic coated widows on a 75-80 degree sunny day. While taking cars for a test drive we jumped in one that was much cooler than others. It had the Ceramic treatment. It seems to me that it’s more the solar effect vs ambient temps that make the difference. After doing ours there are two noticeable changes. The sun beating through the windows & Pano roof is now much better....cooler. The car is also cooler after it has been parked in the sun while shopping. I got the windshield, 2 side windows & Pano done for about $400. My wife suggested it a few weeks after we took delivery in July so we had a good before and after comparison. She loves it!
Edit: 2018 Audi with OEM acoustic tinted glass.

Last edited by Ron.s; 11-18-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:15 AM
  #1093  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by buddy0329 View Post
I ordered the triple black 450 with the panoramic roof, but now having second thoughts. I've always had standard sized moon roofs / sun roofs and would never consider ordering a car without one. However, we've never owned a car with a panoramic roof.

Now I'm reading about some of the downsides of the pano roof: unwanted heat transmission, creaks, squeaks, road noise transmission, glare due to the fabric cover not being thick enough.

Am I crazy for considering removing the option on what I hope to be a long term vehicle 5-8 years (I'm not leasing)? Is there a standard sized moon roof as a standard if you go sans pano or is it all or nothing?

Edit: The DOG does show under standard equipment on page 10: "Power tilt / sliding sunroof"
It’s all about personal preference in the end. I think the Pano is worth having for the “outdoors effect”. If it’s like our Audi it will have a curtain to close and a Ceramic shield can be added later if you find the sun to be an issue. There are no laws regulating the sunroof so there are several shades available, lighter to very dark.
The Pano on a Mercedes will be of a higher quality and shouldn’t have issues.

Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:23 AM
  #1094  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Panoramic sunroof

Originally Posted by buddy0329 View Post
I ordered the triple black 450 with the panoramic roof, but now having second thoughts. I've always had standard sized moon roofs / sun roofs and would never consider ordering a car without one. However, we've never owned a car with a panoramic roof.

Now I'm reading about some of the downsides of the pano roof: unwanted heat transmission, creaks, squeaks, road noise transmission, glare due to the fabric cover not being thick enough.

Am I crazy for considering removing the option on what I hope to be a long term vehicle 5-8 years (I'm not leasing)? Is there a standard sized moon roof as a standard if you go sans pano or is it all or nothing?

Edit: The DOG does show under standard equipment on page 10: "Power tilt / sliding sunroof"
I love the pano roof in our ‘12 ML. Really makes the interior a nice place to be, and zero squeaks or noises or leaks (and it does rain on occasion in Oregon) in 6 years and 65k miles. Heat is not that bad, IMO.




Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 11-18-2018 at 10:50 AM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:28 AM
  #1095  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post
I got the windshield, 2 side windows & Pano done for about $400. My wife suggested it a few weeks after we took delivery in July so we had a good before and after comparison. She loves it!
What specific product did you get?
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:34 AM
  #1096  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Philly
Posts: 83
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TBD
Originally Posted by Ron.s View Post

It’s all about personal preference in the end. I think the Pano is worth having for the “outdoors effect”.
Of course. All things being equal I want the same. However my lack of experience with the option in any other vehicles has me seeking user experiences.
buddy0329 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 AM
  #1097  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
What specific product did you get?
I don’t remember but it was one of the top rated-LLumar, FormulaOne or Solar Gard. I researched installers and picked a local firm with a long track record, great price & good reviews. There was a lifetime guarantee with no deductible or pro rated replacement.
Tint World is one of the larger National firms but our local shop left me uneasy after getting a bid for several hundred more. He reminded me of a pushy used car salesman....not the honest ones. Best this, best that, etc.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:20 AM
  #1098  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 3,638
Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2015 BMW M4 Coupe
Interior trim H35

Interior trim H35 is called “designo® natural grain brown ash," but it looks black in the DOG. The German Configurator has “designo® wood ash sealed black open-pore” that looks identical. Looking closely at the high-res photos on that site I think it is actually a very dark brown that is almost black. I think they are the same. Cost in Germany (less VAT) is 700 euros. I like it a lot; very sophisticated.


Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 11-18-2018 at 07:10 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:31 AM
  #1099  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boise & St George
Posts: 680
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
2018 SQ5 & 2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by buddy0329 View Post
Of course. All things being equal I want the same. However my lack of experience with the option in any other vehicles has me seeking user experiences.
You are asking all the right questions and I tend to be too brief. What I meant was more about if you think the more open air feeling is important to you and how you use the car. Short hops to shop or work maybe less important. We tend to take longer drives and like the option.
I had avoided them in years past because I didn’t see a benefit and there were issues. Now that I’ve had a few I prefer it. To me the Pano is overkill but that seems to be the only option in many cases. We seldom open ours because of the noise but sometimes cruise around town windows down and Pano open. If Living in a hot sunny area might change my mind like Shrimpking just said.
Ron.s is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 03:18 PM
  #1100  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW FL
Posts: 144
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLE 43 SUV
I had the standard moon roof in my ML350. I could press one button and the glass would tilt up and the shade would slide back a couple of inches simultaneously. It kept the car somewhat ventilated while parked in the sun. I believe the panoramic shade must be opened all the way before the forward glass can be tilted.
Shrdlu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 V167 GLE


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: