2020 Mercedes GLE Interior - configurations and pictures thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
none waiting on my GLE in TX
Originally Posted by EMH
Hi Cindy-
I was excited to see your post about ordering the designo Diamond white exterior combined with the black/magma grey Nappa leather interior. How do you like the combo of interior/exterior colors, and could you please post a picture of the exterior of your (white) car, looking into the (gray) interior?

I just ordered the designo Diamond white w/ Macchiato beige/magna grey interior on Saturday, but I'm really second guessing the light macchiato interior (will show lots of dirt/wear over the years; we tend to keep our cars for 7+ years!) I think I might contact the dealer today to change the interior color to the black/magma grey Nappa leather, but I'm not sure how it will look with the white exterior. I'd really appreciate any insight!

If anyone else has any input / experience / pictures on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
Hi EMH,

I LOVE the black/magma grey Napa leather with my Diamond White exterior. I wouldn't change a thing and think they go extremely well together.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:38 AM
KW2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti FX Limited Edition, soon to be 2020 GLE 450
Magma grey/Nappa leather interior

Originally Posted by tommyr
Here are a few more photos, but it's pretty much what Greg shared. Headliner is light grey.

Tommyr - love the interior pics! In mbusa site it looks much darker, but your better quality pics show it’s true grey tones and it looks amazing.

Can you comment on the location of your 2nd row side airbags? I think by law they have to put a label or tag stitched to it. My dealer is now telling me the airbags that are normally in the side seat bolster (like the manual picture above) are different for only the Magma grey/Nappa leather and are in the actual door panel which would blow out straight into th seating area (and be unsafe for child car seats). Can you verify this?

i really want to special order this Magma Grey/Nappa leather with my Briliant Blue exterior. I find it odd that my dealer knows so little about the cars they sell. Spending 30 min reading online reviews/comments before going in taught me more than they knew . And they act like the 450 is a mythical creator analogous to a unicorn.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
KW2, I have no idea where the rear seat air bags are, but I haven't seen anything that says not to install a car seat in the rear. Right after I ordered mine the magma/black exclusive napa went on shortage, have you seen if its available again??
Old 11-20-2019, 04:50 PM
KW2

Originally Posted by tommyr
KW2, I have no idea where the rear seat air bags are, but I haven't seen anything that says not to install a car seat in the rear. Right after I ordered mine the magma/black exclusive napa went on shortage, have you seen if its available again??
dealer wasn’t aware of any shortage but estimated build time is Jan 2020. Dealer heard back from Coorportate office that airbags are supposed to be in the side of rear seat just like every other model and child seat safe. Not sure what the option #293 for $420 is for but it’s only mandatory for the Nappa leather interior.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,173 Likes on 844 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by KW2
Not sure what the option #293 for $420 is for but it’s only mandatory for the Nappa leather interior.
293 is the second row side airbags.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:13 PM
KW2

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
293 is the second row side airbags.
yes but all models come with standard 9 airbags including rear side airbags. So what exactly is the difference with vs without option #293? Macchiato leather I test drove cannot be built with opti9n #293 but it has the rear side airbags. I’m clueless what this option adds. Sales manager thought it was extra 2 airbags (11 total) but that was proven wrong.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KW2
yes but all models come with standard 9 airbags including rear side airbags. So what exactly is the difference with vs without option #293? Macchiato leather I test drove cannot be built with opti9n #293 but it has the rear side airbags. I’m clueless what this option adds. Sales manager thought it was extra 2 airbags (11 total) but that was proven wrong.
Gotcha. That’s odd.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Originally Posted by KW2

From MBUSA. Option 293 is for rear side airbags. The standard 9 includes Driver/Passenger front (2), Driver/Passenger Side (2), Driver/Passenger Pelvic (2), Driver Knee (1), side curtain (2). The option is for driver/passenger side 2nd row side airbags. So you can have a total of 11 airbags.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:36 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Oops, wrong thread
Old 11-21-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by thenew3

From MBUSA. Option 293 is for rear side airbags. The standard 9 includes Driver/Passenger front (2), Driver/Passenger Side (2), Driver/Passenger Pelvic (2), Driver Knee (1), side curtain (2). The option is for driver/passenger side 2nd row side airbags. So you can have a total of 11 airbags.
That pic says 11-way, which doesn't necessarily mean 11 airbags. In my configuration sheet under Driver assistance package, it lists "292 Side airbags" for the rears. KW2. Would you mind posting your build sheet with all the codes on it? It could just be different codes for the rear side bags depending on what interior material you have.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tinman831
That pic says 11-way, which doesn't necessarily mean 11 airbags. In my configuration sheet under Driver assistance package, it lists "292 Side airbags" for the rears. KW2. Would you mind posting your build sheet with all the codes on it? It could just be different codes for the rear side bags depending on what interior material you have.
You didn't read/comprehend what I was saying. I was not referring to "11 way". I said you can have a total of 11 airbags. 9 are standard, 2 are optional. the 2 optional are those in the rear sides
Old 11-21-2019, 06:27 PM
KW2

You didn't read/comprehend what I was saying. I was not referring to "11 way". I said you can have a total of 11 airbags. 9 are standard, 2 are optional. the 2 optional are those in the rear sides
incorrct. They all come standard with 9 airbags like the owners manual pic above shows. Driver front, driver knee, driver torso/side, passenger front, passenger side/torso, left rear seat side, right rear seat side, and roof curtain bags right/left that is one bag which covers front to back. Dealer initially told me the added airbag option #293 was for air bag #10 and #11 but he has now realized was also incorrect.

Something on my build clearly costs $420 for option #293....but have no idea what it is. Definitely not any more # of airbags.

here’

s pic of my build sheet....option #293 airbags is near bottom of page 1.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KW2
incorrct. They all come standard with 9 airbags like the owners manual pic above shows. Driver front, driver knee, driver torso/side, passenger front, passenger side/torso, left rear seat side, right rear seat side, and roof curtain bags right/left that is one bag which covers front to back. Dealer initially told me the added airbag option #293 was for air bag #10 and #11 but he has now realized was also incorrect.

Something on my build clearly costs $420 for option #293....but have no idea what it is. Definitely not any more # of airbags.

here’s pic of my build sheet....option #293 airbags is near bottom of page 1.
Where do you see the left/right rear seat side bags as standard? No where in the manual shown above does it say the rear airbags are standard. Owner manual has disclaimer that not all equipment listed is standard, some equipment listed in owners manual is optional. They don't print different owner manual for each vehicle based on equipment ordered. There is one generic manual for the entire line. In this case the option 293 for $420 are for the two rear side airbags shown in the manual but is optional equipment.

The picture I showed above is a clip from MBUSA site for the GLE. It shows 9 standard bags not including the rear bags. Funny for the GLS it shows the same "11 way" but says only 7 air bags standard with 2 optional (same rear code 293 bags).

MBUSA air bag for GLS

Old 11-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Where do you see the left/right rear seat side bags as standard? No where in the manual shown above does it say the rear airbags are standard. Owner manual has disclaimer that not all equipment listed is standard, some equipment listed in owners manual is optional. They don't print different owner manual for each vehicle based on equipment ordered. There is one generic manual for the entire line. In this case the option 293 for $420 are for the two rear side airbags shown in the manual but is optional equipment.

The picture I showed above is a clip from MBUSA site for the GLE. It shows 9 standard bags not including the rear bags. Funny for the GLS it shows the same "11 way" but says only 7 air bags standard with 2 optional (same rear code 293 bags).

MBUSA air bag for GLS
I had to take a REAL close look at your posts again. The difference is in the side CURTAIN airbags vs airbags that come from the sides of the seats. I think this is what we were having a hard time figuring out. The rear side curtain airbags is standard. The seat airbags are an option. The seat side airbags weren't even an option listed in the dealer ordering guide. Now it makes some sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tinman831
I had to take a REAL close look at your posts again. The difference is in the side CURTAIN airbags vs airbags that come from the sides of the seats. I think this is what we were having a hard time figuring out. The rear side curtain airbags is standard. The seat airbags are an option. The seat side airbags weren't even an option listed in the dealer ordering guide. Now it makes some sense. Thanks for the clarification.
I wouldn't call it rear side curtain as the side curtain bags is a single bag that reaches from first to third row. (so there is no separate front side curtain. It's just one large side curtain bag that covers all rows)

I didn't see 293 side bags in the 11-2-2018 DOG, haven't looked at more recent. But they are in the GLS DOG. The rear side bags has always been an option in all MB vehicles (for at least the last 10 years). Not just this latest generation.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:30 PM
KW2

MBUSA air bag for GLS
per MBusa and my dealer every 2020 GLE made in US has 9 standard airbags. See screenshot. Also for example, the car I test drove on the lot did not have this mystical option #293 rear airbags....and yet has this rear seat bolster (side) airbag (making 9 for this car)...see 2nd pic. Yes the curtain airbag is only 1 for the entire left and 1 for the entire right side of the ca (front to back as mentioned).

Old 11-21-2019, 07:55 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Just spitballing, but I wonder if it could be side airbags for the 3rd row seating? It would make sense if there are 9 standard airbags because not all GLEs come with the third row. If you get the 3rd row, maybe you can add the additional two airbags?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 PM
KW2

Originally Posted by bigpern23
Just spitballing, but I wonder if it could be side airbags for the 3rd row seating? It would make sense if there are 9 standard airbags because not all GLEs come with the third row. If you get the 3rd row, maybe you can add the additional two airbags?
nah, it’s mandatory for Nappa leather interior without 3rd row. Tried a fake build thinking the same thing with the dealer. I know weird right?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KW2
per MBusa and my dealer every 2020 GLE made in US has 9 standard airbags. See screenshot. Also for example, the car I test drove on the lot did not have this mystical option #293 rear airbags....and yet has this rear seat bolster (side) airbag (making 9 for this car)...see 2nd pic. Yes the curtain airbag is only 1 for the entire left and 1 for the entire right side of the ca (front to back as mentioned).
Not every 2020 GLE, I've tested 4 2020 GLE. 3 of them did not have it. Only one had it and it was noted on the window sticker.

Also the 9 standard airbags does not include rear side airbags. See below from MBUSA for GLE (read description of the 9 standard bags)

Last edited by thenew3; 11-21-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rear side airbags

I wouldn't call it rear side curtain as the side curtain bags is a single bag that reaches from first to third row. (so there is no separate front side curtain. It's just one large side curtain bag that covers all rows)

I didn't see 293 side bags in the 11-2-2018 DOG, haven't looked at more recent. But they are in the GLS DOG. The rear side bags has always been an option in all MB vehicles (for at least the last 10 years). Not just this latest generation.
I got the 293 rear side bags as a non-listed option (not in DOG, but in NetStar) in my April build. I didn't intend to get them but my sales guy made an assumption.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:58 PM
KW2

Not every 2020 GLE, I've tested 4 2020 GLE. 3 of them did not have it. Only one had it and it was noted on the window sticker.

Also the 9 standard airbags does not include rear side airbags. See below from MBUSA for GLE (read description of the 9 standard bags)

This description doesn’t make sense or add up. This says the driver seat has front bag (steering wheel location), side bag, pelvis bag, knee bag, curtain bag. But when you look at the owners manual there’s a bag missing. There’s no pelvic bag, only the bolster bag (which I assume is the driver side bag but maybe they’re considering this a pelvic bag). In any event there’s not 5 driver seat protecting airbags....only 4.

i’ ve not seen any without the 2nd row side bags in the seat bolster but if you have than this could be the whole business with option #293 and the rest of the details are misprints/trypo’s maybe....and the standard GLE than only has 7 actual airbags.

So condusing.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KW2
This description doesn’t make sense or add up. This says the driver seat has front bag (steering wheel location), side bag, pelvis bag, knee bag, curtain bag. But when you look at the owners manual there’s a bag missing. There’s no pelvic bag, only the bolster bag (which I assume is the driver side bag but maybe they’re considering this a pelvic bag). In any event there’s not 5 driver seat protecting airbags....only 4.

i’ ve not seen any without the 2nd row side bags in the seat bolster but if you have than this could be the whole business with option #293 and the rest of the details are misprints/trypo’s maybe....and the standard GLE than only has 7 actual airbags.

So condusing.
Yup very condusing...err confusing.. The GLS lists 11 way protection standard but with only 7 bags (driver side/pelvis is one big bag on the GLS).

If I have time this weekend I'll go by the local dealer and check out their inventory of GLE and see if they have them.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:51 PM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Try this: See if you can count all the airbags.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:05 PM
KW2

Originally Posted by tiri
Try this: See if you can count all the airbags.
im counting 9.....now comes the question if this is all standard equipment or includes the 293 option. It clearly has rear side airbags, so one would say yes this includes the 293 upgrade. But then that would confirm without the 293 upgrade there’s only 7 airbags.

Nice pic breakdown.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:33 PM
KW2

Originally Posted by KW2
im counting 9.....now comes the question if this is all standard equipment or includes the 293 option. It clearly has rear side airbags, so one would say yes this includes the 293 upgrade. But then that would confirm without the 293 upgrade there’s only 7 airbags.

Nice pic breakdown.
my dealer had a visit from Germany this week with a “product expert”. Confirmed the base model GLE only has 7 airbags. Only get 9 if adding option 293 rear side airbags. The specs were supposed to read similar to GLS and basically say “9 way airbag protection”. They blamed it on translation from German to English. Whatever. Anywho problem solved.

my GLE is on order.....the count down begins!
The following users liked this post:
WindInMyHair (06-19-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 Mercedes GLE Interior - configurations and pictures thread