GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Production delays/ timeline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 10:33 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Originally Posted by tery
my theory on why certain order will be deliver faster than the other disregarding to the order date is, I think they just park the car out at the lot without little to no planning. At the time I am guessing they thought the problem is short term, so car are pretty much park not in order numbers. My car could be stuck deep in the middle of the lot, dose not make sense to move all the cars out just to get my car back to the factory. So right now I think its just luck who's car gets build at what date. They could be working on car that are park on the most expensive lease term to the cheapest due to cost saving.
Simple, but very plausible.

I'm a little worried that today is the first time my SA has tried to get me into a different vehicle, and she didn't send me the Netstar printout. I'm mostly chalking it up to end of month/Q2 sales pressure, but it did pop into my head that she got bad news and hasn't shared it with me.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus RX300 2001
I rented an S 350 D in Germany in February, 2018, and it had a big problem with "slowing down and braking automatically while going under overpasses"! I had to turn off that driver assistance feature. The lane-keep assist, on the other hand, worked pretty well (much better than in VW Touareg, for example), and the cruise-control with automatic distance-keeping was also nice.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:42 PM

Received 104 Likes on 53 Posts
2020 GLC43 | 2020 GLE350 | 2014 E350 (sold)
Our GLE350 is in. Ordered March 29, originally was 3D May production, so it slipped a tad. All things considered, we’re glad to hear it’s arrived and look forward to delivery tomorrow.
The following 2 users liked this post by MercOne1:
audi40 (06-28-2019), bad habit (06-29-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
Btw my dealer said they sent many email regarding where and when I car will be ready. And the factory is not responding at all. So good luck everyone that’s on my boat.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2017 GLS 450
Angry Mercedes should be ashamed

To add to your comments: I ordered a 450 GLE right after Thanksgiving 2018! Here it is June 29 and I still have no car and no answers. I have owned 15 Mercedes, including my 2017 GLS 450 which I wanted to trade in before a major service in May. My Benz dealer, a very excellent North Shore of Nassau County, NY dealer, cannot get any answers as where my ordered car is or many others. I have contacted Mercedes and have spoken with an Executive Referral Manager named Anthony who has been unresponsive and uselss. I have tweeted Mercedes and have tried to copy people up the chain. Nothing. My concern is two fold. Every month my GLS is worth less on trade in and I have no idea if and when this car will be delived. It has had a VIN number since February. Honestly why am I chasing Mercedes? I am so disgusted by their lack of interest and horrible customer service that this afternoon I am going to look at a BMW X7.
I thought that the new GLE would be neat. I dont need the space that the GLS has but the X7 looks pretty interesting. The only reason I have even hung in there this long is I love the dealer. Imagine owning 15 of their products and not getting any response!

I plan on sending letters to every car magazine I subscribe to so that the general public can understand why Mercedes has lost its way. I dont know what else to do. I dont exactly have free time for this but I am so angry about being ignored that I have to do something. I have seen some GLE 350's on Long Island but have yet to see a 450.
The following 4 users liked this post by Steven Kafka:
bad habit (06-29-2019), Betsyg825 (06-29-2019), tery (06-29-2019), venkyszone (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Funny thing is they are promoting New GLS like nothing happen.

Last edited by tery; 06-29-2019 at 11:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bigpern23 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE450 Ordered 12/11 Build date Mar 3rd decade, Mar 1st decade, 4/27 now 5/3
Originally Posted by Steven Kafka
To add to your comments: I ordered a 450 GLE right after Thanksgiving 2018! Here it is June 29 and I still have no car and no answers. I have owned 15 Mercedes, including my 2017 GLS 450 which I wanted to trade in before a major service in May. My Benz dealer, a very excellent North Shore of Nassau County, NY dealer, cannot get any answers as where my ordered car is or many others. I have contacted Mercedes and have spoken with an Executive Referral Manager named Anthony who has been unresponsive and uselss. I have tweeted Mercedes and have tried to copy people up the chain. Nothing. My concern is two fold. Every month my GLS is worth less on trade in and I have no idea if and when this car will be delived. It has had a VIN number since February. Honestly why am I chasing Mercedes? I am so disgusted by their lack of interest and horrible customer service that this afternoon I am going to look at a BMW X7.
I thought that the new GLE would be neat. I dont need the space that the GLS has but the X7 looks pretty interesting. The only reason I have even hung in there this long is I love the dealer. Imagine owning 15 of their products and not getting any response!

I plan on sending letters to every car magazine I subscribe to so that the general public can understand why Mercedes has lost its way. I dont know what else to do. I dont exactly have free time for this but I am so angry about being ignored that I have to do something. I have seen some GLE 350's on Long Island but have yet to see a 450.
I feel your pain. We ordered in December and nothing since then. I have a Vin # that is in the 45,000. I expect the GLE's they are building now are in the 80,000 or above. I don't know if mine has been built and outside, exposed to the weather, for months. We have lost all enthusiasm for this purchase. We are talking about not accepting the order when and if it is delivered and ordering one when it is clear that Mercedes has fixed their problem. We have looked at some different brands but feel the GLE is best for us. We have ordered many cars but have never experienced anything like this. If anyone from Mercedes is monitoring these posts, FIX YOUR F*^KING PROBLEM AND START COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Betsyg825 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 03:31 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Seeing the pics of hundreds and hundreds of GLE’s just sitting in shopping mall parking lots all sweltering in the intense heat and humidity of mid summer in Alabama is ridiculous!

All waiting on suppliers who were completely unprepared to provide product and parts....holding up millions of dollars in inventory from being delivered and paid by customers.

I would be so tempted to refuse delivery of one of these “used and weather beaten vehicles” and reorder after it comes in unless I could secure a large discount.
rm50 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by rm50
I feel your pain. We ordered in December and nothing since then. I have a Vin # that is in the 45,000. I expect the GLE's they are building now are in the 80,000 or above. !!
Ours was built first week of June and VIN is 64XXX.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2017 GLS 450
We decided yesterday to test drive an X7. I loved it. They have it in stock. They gave me a good trade. Same dealership owner but unfortunately not my salesperson who I really love...they have separate BMW and Mercedes stores. I tweeted a picture of the BMW to Mercedes and also emailed the do nothing Anthony that I originally tried to get help with. MB tweeted back that unfortunately they cannot get involved with their North American colleagues. I am stupefied.

Well I wish you luck. At this point frankly I would be very wary of the quality of any new GLE. Mercedes is going to have some PR problem but it wont be mine. I am so disgusted with them.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Steven Kafka
We decided yesterday to test drive an X7. I loved it. They have it in stock. They gave me a good trade. Same dealership owner but unfortunately not my salesperson who I really love...they have separate BMW and Mercedes stores. I tweeted a picture of the BMW to Mercedes and also emailed the do nothing Anthony that I originally tried to get help with. MB tweeted back that unfortunately they cannot get involved with their North American colleagues. I am stupefied.

Well I wish you luck. At this point frankly I would be very wary of the quality of any new GLE. Mercedes is going to have some PR problem but it wont be mine. I am so disgusted with them.
You might go on Bimmerpost and check for issues. The X5 had more than a few. My feeling is that Mercedes is holding back to reduce poor quality. I’m not making excuses they need a big Management shake up. This has to qualify for a 1st place award for the worst new vehicle roll out in history.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by Ron.s
You might go on Bimmerpost and check for issues. The X5 had more than a few. My feeling is that Mercedes is holding back to reduce poor quality. I’m not making excuses they need a big Management shake up. This has to qualify for a 1st place award for the worst new vehicle roll out in history.
Fully agree X5 has lots of issues, nothing to say X7 will be ok, build quality on my GLE seems really good.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 Coupe, 2020 GLE450
My GLE-450, was ordered in Feb and went into production in April. It was then pulled out of production and I’m sure is one of a few thousand sitting on a lot. I was told it’s difficult to put these vehicles back into the daily assembly line process. I have recently reordered the same vehicle because I‘m concerned about months sitting in Alabama. Fortunately, my dealer has provided me a loaner because I traded in a GLS as it was nearing 50K
miles. I was in Paris the first of May and visited a MB showroom. My exact 450, color and all was in the showroom although it was a diesel (300d) which I would have preferred if available in US. Why did MB think they could introduce a new model this popular, and then start production for the US, Europe and China the same year all out of Alabama - then in addition add supplier issues.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
I think the problem is bigger than supplier issue, MB is pretty quiet about it. Must be something else on top of the supplier issue.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 GLS 450, 2018 GLE 4matic
We did the same thing, reordered in mid may after doing orders twice before with things missing. I'm told that these two are in production with everything ordered and probably won't get stalled. Here's hoping.....
Old 06-30-2019, 06:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 A Class Mercedes Benz
I am having similar problems with ordering my 2019 Class a MB. I ordered it on 1/26/19 with a production date of 5/5/19. As of 5/31/19 the car was produced but apparently had some parts problem because of a supplier (MB gave no specific information) . I have a very good SA but MB give him no information. Supposedly care is on an expediated lit because it is sold. I have talked wit MB Customer Care but received no information as to why the holdup or when it will be ready for a ETA date. MB may make a good product but their customer relations leave a lot to be desired. I am frustrated with their inability to provide information or deliver their product. I would like to hear fro other who are having problems and any educated guesses of when I will get my vehicle.Joe
Old 06-30-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 450 / E450 Cabriolet
Joe, Let me cut to the chase. There are over 600 responses to this thread discussing just the issue you have. The bad news is nobody knows when or where their ordered car is. Some have been told a few more weeks and the car ships within a couple of days. Some have been told days away and it turns into weeks or months. MB seems to not care in regards to giving specific information. Some of us ordered very early and got a 450 in April. I assume we had just the right equipment ordered and timing was on our side. Some ordered before us and they have no clue yet. We assume its related to parts issues and no MB system seems to exist that would relate information back to the consumer.

Until this issue hits the news or a major trade magazine picks up on it I'm afraid most consumers will remain in the dark. I do get a trade publication called Automotive News and have not seen anything on this issue.

I can tell you my dealer is as frustrated as many people here are. They can't get cars to sell.

PS I assume the 137,000 views this issue has had here also means nothing to MB.

Last edited by DaveD9; 06-30-2019 at 07:48 PM.
bad habit (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
In today’s litigious environment a company has to be careful what they say. Mercedes will always tell Stock Analysts something quarterly but that is usually vague and broad. They probably aren’t granting interviews with Mags or Reporters for that reason. My guess now is that they are living day to day and are in such a turmoil they can’t tell very far in advance when a vehicle will complete. If all hands are putting out fires there isn’t much personnel resource free anyway.
They must have one or more of several things happen-changed one or more suppliers; had to redesign components; component quality failing, Supplier can’t meet volume requirements, etc. Once they get behind on orders and started storing vehicles it becomes a giant snowball making everything take longer and disrupting the Assembly process. It’s anyones guess, but after this long it’s likely more than one thing and several components/suppliers.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:10 AM

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
2020 GLE 300d
Originally Posted by Ron.s
In today’s litigious environment a company has to be careful what they say. Mercedes will always tell Stock Analysts something quarterly but that is usually vague and broad. They probably aren’t granting interviews with Mags or Reporters for that reason. My guess now is that they are living day to day and are in such a turmoil they can’t tell very far in advance when a vehicle will complete. If all hands are putting out fires there isn’t much personnel resource free anyway.
They must have one or more of several things happen-changed one or more suppliers; had to redesign components; component quality failing, Supplier can’t meet volume requirements, etc. Once they get behind on orders and started storing vehicles it becomes a giant snowball making everything take longer and disrupting the Assembly process. It’s anyones guess, but after this long it’s likely more than one thing and several components/suppliers.
Exact! The second quarter and first semester is over! MB will have to release some public information to the market about its business. To some extent they have to release true and accurate information. Hope it will give us some information about what's happening...
Old 07-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 A Class Mercedes Benz
Thank you your information was very helpful. I like MB vehicles but at some point I will consider alternative vehicles. I am as upset about MB's lack of information as I am about their failure to deliver. I have written the editors or Car and Driver and Automotive magazines encouraging them to write articles about the MB delays which I believe affects many of their readers. Thank you. Joe
audi40 (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 08:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Mercedes S550 4Matic, 2020 Mercedes GLE 450 4Matic
I have owned Mercedes Benz vehicles for 32 consecutive years, and I cannot believe what I am about to advise.
Based on my disappointment with poor quality control and glitches in my 2020 GLE 450, I would advise those waiting on the 2020 GLE to move on and look at LEXUS!

See below thread!

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...le-beware.html
Old 07-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Originally Posted by drksuh
I have owned Mercedes Benz vehicles for 32 consecutive years, and I cannot believe what I am about to advise.
Based on my disappointment with poor quality control and glitches in my 2020 GLE 450, I would advise those waiting on the 2020 GLE to move on and look at LEXUS!

See below thread!

Dude, we get it, no need to post your experience in three separate threads.

Anyone should expect issues with new chassis designs upon early release. Your car going into limp mode is not the worst thing that can happen. Tires locking up, suspension failures, or similar actions are worse. Sure, it may have been scary, but with decades of driving experience, panic should not be your initial reaction.

I’m taking delivery of my GLE450 on Friday, and I’m looking forward to it.
The following 6 users liked this post by tiri:
audi40 (07-02-2019), bad habit (07-02-2019), EasyT (07-02-2019), GeNomeZ (07-02-2019), guitarplayer (07-01-2019), jxl007 (07-01-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
GKE issues

Originally Posted by drksuh

See below thread!

IMO, you are way over reacting. I just got my car back after 12 days in the shop, but I'm not ready to ditch it. All depends on your expectations I guess - Lexus on average is more dependable that Mercedes. If that's what's important for you, that' should have been your purchase criteria. I've owned every MB SUV generation starting with a '98 ML 350. Have they had issues, yes. W163 transfer case out of warranty, W164 balance shaft bearings, W166 Airmatic & transfer case leak. All issues were well handled, and fully covered under warranty or partly covered out of warranty. Only been stranded once in the '98 when the key quit communicating with the vehicle.

Cars are so complex these days that you are going to experience some issues. And judging from this board we are about the only ones that have had anything other than piddling issues. I'm sorry it happened to you (and me), but you deal with it an get on. Whining will not help and no, it's not the end of the Mercedes world.
The following 4 users liked this post by GregW / Oregon:
audi40 (07-01-2019), DaveD9 (07-02-2019), EasyT (07-02-2019), GeNomeZ (07-02-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 11:01 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
Meanwhile in central Ohio, a new Mercedes GLE350 cruises down the highway. Inside the cabin, a very handsome driver smiles while listening to Van Halen’s Panama as the sun glistens off of his polar white chariot. He reaches his destination, rested, enthralled, and fully alert to win yet another tennis match.

Finishing his match, his eyes scan the country clubs parking lot. Looking across the bland cars with downcast images, his eyes catch a sparkle, a spark. He hits his key fob. The LED lights jump to life. The car is panting, waiting, excited for the cruise home. No freeway this time. Country backroads will only satisfy.
Weaving out of the parking lot, boring and bored cars just sit there, sad, nothing to offer. As the handsome driver pulls into the weaving country roadway, a smile comes upon him as he selects the SPORT mode steps on the accelerator and Led Zeppelin crescendos onto the stereo.
The following 5 users liked this post by guitarplayer:
beth22 (07-01-2019), bob01 (07-01-2019), EasyT (07-02-2019), GeNomeZ (07-02-2019), GregW / Oregon (07-02-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
2009, 2012 ml, 2016 gle350d, 2020 gle450
Meanwhile somewhere north of the border, an absolutely beautiful silver AMG appointed 2020 GLE 350 rolls onto a suburban interlock driveway leaving its once fabulous but now spent 2016 sibling in the garage.
Spotless blue sky - 29c and lush green all around - it's going to be a great day!
Not a lingering thought about its MIA 2020 GLE 450 sibling, a forgotten mythical beast which was to appear in March but alas... perfect driving weather for a Canada day road trip!

The family is finally ready to go! The engine leaps to life, they're at the end of the driveway ...and the yellow engine check light comes on.
To be continued...
The following 3 users liked this post by bob01:
EasyT (07-02-2019), GeNomeZ (07-02-2019), guitarplayer (07-02-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Production delays/ timeline