GLE 450 issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by hussainsadeq
Just shake the key fob vigorously once. That’s it. It will work like a charm.

I know it sounds weird but this trick fixed this issue once and for all.
The fix once and for all is to get one of the new key fobs that Ron has got.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 450
Originally Posted by Roadhog56
I had an issue with my 2020 GLE 450, where the check engine light came on and the 48 V battery malfunction light come on, next the coolant light, check engine light. Had the vehicle tow back to the dealer. I forgot to mention this was October 1, 2020, and now its October 28, 2019 and they still cant solve the problem. Keep hearing consulting with the engineers in Germany. The have changed the 48V battery, changed the coolant, DCU, and still no fix. I purchased the car in September and been back twice, one for recall, and the current issue. Slowly getting the feeling I purchase a lemon. I don't think they have a clue on a fix!!!!!!
2020 GLE 450 with the SAME issues here! Had the vehicle 5 or so months before the first warning light "Coolant too hot turn off engine" came on. Overall vehicle in shop for the same issue 3x since Dec 2019 purchase for a total of 36 days; certified as a lemon as per my state law late last week. Tonight was driving my daughter home from a sports practice and a series of warning lights flashed on quickly and in succession ("malfunction", 48v battery, "see operators manual", and "coolant too hot turn off engine") just as the engine shut off while driving on a busy road. Car behind us almost hit us because of this and had to swerve into next lane to avoid the collision. Had the vehicle towed to dealership and hope to God that I don't ever have to see it again even though the lemon law transfer is still 4-5 weeks away. Clearly this isn't a situation of your vehicle just being a "one off".