GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE350 - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC
GLE350 - First Impressions

Folks, finally got my GLE350 delivered yesterday and I thought I share first impressions pertinent to the discussions on this forum. First the specs... Airmatic (no active body control), 20" wheels (AMG package).

1) Ordered custom build early May, car manufactured early August, delivered yesterday.
2) My first impression on air suspension is great! Don't feel any imperfections on roads that I felt all over my body in my GLC. In comfort setting though, it bounces little too much, sport setting tidies the car up quite nicely. Will continue to share my observations.
3) Had Pirelli tires when delivered.
4) MBUX is nice but struggles to understand commands. Needs improvement on language recognition.
5) The car is very quiet. Hear very little of engine noise when pushed (no acoustic package).
6) 350's pick up from start is great. It is little slow to accelerate on highway speeds but perfectly fine.
7) The proximity sensors, self park, ambient lighting, kinetic seats that give you a little massage make you feel that you are in a luxury car.
8) The build quality seems to great. Haven't noticed anything yet that is out of place. The overhead compartment seems fine. No noise or vibrations noticed, at least yet.

The GLC was nice and sure GLE costs a lot more but right now, I think that I made the right choice upgrading! Please let me know if there is anything specific you would be interested in.
The following 3 users liked this post by Gurun123:
audi40 (08-18-2019), jdhoang (06-11-2021), Lanzz (08-18-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
I found that if I got away from talking in "commands" to the MBUX and just used a calm talking voice things started to get pretty good. It improves over time as it learns your voice. Enjoy your new vehicle, Learn how to do manual map updates. I got mine on June 13 and have updated the maps twice already. Enjoy!!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:40 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLE350
Originally Posted by Gurun123
Folks, finally got my GLE350 delivered yesterday and I thought I share first impressions pertinent to the discussions on this forum. First the specs... Airmatic (no active body control), 20" wheels (AMG package).

1) Ordered custom build early May, car manufactured early August, delivered yesterday.
2) My first impression on air suspension is great! Don't feel any imperfections on roads that I felt all over my body in my GLC. In comfort setting though, it bounces little too much, sport setting tidies the car up quite nicely. Will continue to share my observations.
4) MBUX is nice but struggles to understand commands. Needs improvement on language recognition.
5) The car is very quiet. Hear very little of engine noise when pushed (no acoustic package).
6) 350's pick up from start is great. It is little slow to accelerate on highway speeds but perfectly fine.
7) The proximity sensors, self park, ambient lighting, kinetic seats that give you a little massage make you feel that you are in a luxury car.
8) The build quality seems to great. Haven't noticed anything yet that is out of place. The overhead compartment seems fine. No noise or vibrations noticed, at least yet.

The GLC was nice and sure GLE costs a lot more but right now, I think that I made the right choice upgrading! Please let me know if there is anything specific you would be interested in.

Congrats on on a great looking car! I agree with the above post - our voice control seems to have gotten noticeably better over the past month. Has actually told us a few pretty good jokes now 😊. And I agree these are great driving vehicles.

Enjoy the new ride!
Old 08-17-2019, 11:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Explorer Sport
Originally Posted by Gurun123

Beautiful color! Which one is it?
Old 08-18-2019, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC
Originally Posted by wincav
Beautiful color! Which one is it?
Lunar Blue... I was worried that it looks almost black from certain angles but I like it now.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:52 PM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 GLE 450, 2024 Volvo XC 60
What interior did you get with lunar blue? My wife has an E350 Lunar blue with macchiato interior and it’s gorgeous. I was thinking of ordering same for GLE 450 with AMG/night line. Wonder if the AMG gets lost. Also considering Selenite Gray. I’m really on the fence.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:24 PM

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
bmw 535i xdrive
I have lunar/macchiato (MB Tex) for over a year now and I love it. My refractory is usually much shorter. You can’t go wrong.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:37 AM

Glad you replied so quickly. I sometimes have paralysis, but would hate to buy a car and be unhappy with the color, especially at this price. As I said, I love my wife's Lunar/macchiato. I'm going to order the same combo. Might look odd with two vehicles with identical colors in the garage, but I'll soldier on! LOL Thanks again. My internal debate is over.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:07 AM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Once my GLE gets here, both of our vehicles will be twinning with polar white exteriors and macchiato interiors.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:19 AM

That's pretty funny! I don't think I have ever seen any couple with identical exterior and interior colors and here we are! Mine won't be here until Oct according to dealer.