GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Major Repair for 2020 GLE350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2020 | 09:15 AM

2019 GLC300 4Matic
I have been reading this thread and first of all I am so sorry that you have gone through this with a new GLE. You very well may be able to take legal action under this law. Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. You would want to investigate this option before you off the GLE. There are attorneys that specialize in this law and they typically don't charge anything until a settlement is reached or you go to trial. I had a 2015 BMW 328I that had a flawed steering characteristic and BMW would do nothing about it. I kept all of the service records and documented everything. In the end I got a settlement from BMW. I also had gotten rid go the car before I even started this process. The settlement probably would have been better had I kept the car during the process. I hope this information helps and you are able to get some satisfaction from your experience.

Another option is if you trade the car for another Mercedes there is a chance you could get Mercedes to buy back you GLE so you don't lose any money. Based on this lousy experience that is the least that Mercedes could do. Either way I think you definitely have some valid recourse here. Also, note if you use the Magnuson-Moss option this would rule out any lemon law.
Old 02-09-2020 | 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by floridaman100
I have been reading this thread and first of all I am so sorry that you have gone through this with a new GLE. You very well may be able to take legal action under this law. Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. You would want to investigate this option before you off the GLE. There are attorneys that specialize in this law and they typically don't charge anything until a settlement is reached or you go to trial. I had a 2015 BMW 328I that had a flawed steering characteristic and BMW would do nothing about it. I kept all of the service records and documented everything. In the end I got a settlement from BMW. I also had gotten rid go the car before I even started this process. The settlement probably would have been better had I kept the car during the process. I hope this information helps and you are able to get some satisfaction from your experience.

Another option is if you trade the car for another Mercedes there is a chance you could get Mercedes to buy back you GLE so you don't lose any money. Based on this lousy experience that is the least that Mercedes could do. Either way I think you definitely have some valid recourse here. Also, note if you use the Magnuson-Moss option this would rule out any lemon law.
Good advice, I might add that Magnuson-Moss is a Federal Law while Lemon Laws are State. Mag/Moss details Express and Implied Warranty law. A lot of us aren’t aware of the ”Implied’ facets that are covered by the law.
Just one letter from an Attorney threatening a lawsuit and laying out the issues might be all you need. The Attorney will Normally ask for damages plus Attorney fees so you might recover his charge. The letter to Mercedes would get the issue to a Senior level at Mercedes vs the CS Reps that have little authority. An Attorney letter might turn out to be a very good investment.
Old 02-10-2020 | 11:45 PM

2020 GLE 580 | 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
I just read through this entire post and the huge nightmare that it is, I would be just as insane and irate as you must have been. I really do feel bad for you and the situation. it boggles my mind that a MB dealer can be this horrendous and callous on top of incompetent. I like others on this forum are truly blessed with amazing dealerships and people that go above and beyond and are what a car buying and owning experience should be. Every day I am on this forum I have a new understanding of how I have always taken this for granted. All the people at my dealer group really live by their motto of “Take care of your life and family, and we'll take care of your car.”
Old 06-09-2021 | 05:51 AM

2020 GLE 350 w/ AMG Exterior V167
Good morning everyone,

For those of you who have followed my misfortune with the 2020 GLE will understand the context of this post.

For the last 2 years the GLE has been, for the lack of better words, a real headache. Since my lengthy post about the complete dismantling of the interior, we have experience several service related issues with MB in general. Since the original issue listed at the beginning of this post, we have experienced numerous, although minor, issues. We have searched far and wide for a competent dealer to service and repair the GLE to no avail. To some of you this may read like a "he's just pissed off at MB and ranting" but I assure we have tried to enjoy this vehicle and get past the shortcomings of the original dealer that screwed up our GLE. We have tried 2 other MB dealers for service, and both were unable to meet any level of competence. Our GLE has been to the dealer(s) 26 times in the last 2 years. Several of the issues are repeats, meaning we have had to return the the dealer(s) on more than one occasion for the same problem.

This past Sunday, we unloaded this POS and purchased a Genesis GV80. The GLE is not even in the same league as the GV80. We were quite shocked as to the huge difference in quality and workmanship that went into the GV80 and in contrast, the apparent lack of workmanship in the GLE.

Thanks to everyone for listening and allowing me to vent my frustration on this forum. We are moving on. MB has lost a customer forever. MB lack of interest and care have sealed their fate with us. Good luck with your GLEs and I pray the rest of you have better luck than us.

Jeff

Last edited by RamAir50; 06-09-2021 at 05:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RamAir50:
chassis (06-09-2021), Lanzz (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021 | 06:12 AM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by RamAir50
Good morning everyone,

For those of you who have followed my misfortune with the 2020 GLE will understand the context of this post.

For the last 2 years the GLE has been, for the lack of better words, a real headache. Since my lengthy post about the complete dismantling of the interior, we have experience several service related issues with MB in general. Since the original issue listed at the beginning of this post, we have experienced numerous, although minor, issues. We have searched far and wide for a competent dealer to service and repair the GLE to no avail. To some of you this may read like a "he's just pissed off at MB and ranting" but I assure we have tried to enjoy this vehicle and get past the shortcomings of the original dealer that screwed up our GLE. We have tried 2 other MB dealers for service, and both were unable to meet any level of competence. Our GLE has been to the dealer(s) 26 times in the last 2 years. Several of the issues are repeats, meaning we have had to return the the dealer(s) on more than one occasion for the same problem.

This past Sunday, we unloaded this POS and purchased a Genesis GV80. The GLE is not even in the same league as the GV80. We were quite shocked as to the huge difference in quality and workmanship that went into the GV80 and in contrast, the apparent lack of workmanship in the GLE.

Thanks to everyone for listening and allowing me to vent my frustration on this forum. We are moving on. MB has lost a customer forever. MB lack of interest and care have sealed their fate with us. Good luck with your GLEs and I pray the rest of you have better luck than us.

Jeff
Thanks for posting your experience and best wishes with the Genesis.

My MB dealer is for sure on the incompetence spectrum. You’re not alone.
Old 06-09-2021 | 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Going to Genesis

Good morning everyone,

I would have lemoned it before this. Luckily, I seem to have a dealer with good service, but haven't needed it much. The Genesis looks like a good vehicle (and looks good, too). Warranty and maintenance plans have Mercedes beat by a long shot, as well.
Old 06-09-2021 | 01:25 PM

2020 GLE 450
RamAir50. wow what a diary of events and total lack of accountability by MB and the dealership. So sorry you had gone through the experience and a shame the Dealership or MB USA didn't take the opportunity to do the right thing and recognize they could have made this a win win by exchanging the vehicle with some concessions for your troubles etc.

I'm glad to read you are out of the "POS" and in a new vehicle which I hope brings you and your family much more joy ahead on the open roads

D
Old 06-11-2021 | 06:59 AM

2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
Good luck with your new Genesis. I also went through a similar issue with out 2018 E400 Convertible. And after many repairs including total dashboard and center console removal and installation for a damaged dashboard, the dealerships involved in my situation handled each repair very professionally. After some many issues incurred during the eight months of ownership, I contacted MB USA and the vehicle was repurchased. That experience was also exemplary. They refunded my entire lease contract and payments and acquired a new CLS 450.
Old 06-11-2021 | 10:19 AM

2021 GLE 450
Only the negative gets posted

Originally Posted by Jrt3
I came to this forum tonight because I was seriously considering the purchase of a 2020 GLE 350 over a Lexus RX 350. This thread stopped me dead in my tracks. Were it not for the pictures I wouldn’t believe it. MB just lost a customer. I can’t imagine anyone would consider moving forward with a MB after viewing this thread. I feel for you and I hope this works out. My advice - get your states attorney general involved, dealerships usually don’t want the AG poking around in their business. At the least, MB owes you a no charge bumper to bumper extended warranty to protect you against the inevitable trouble that will occur from such a disassembly over the remaining life of the car.
Making decisions based on one negative experience will only lead you to disappointment somewhere else. You won't find hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers in any forum. They are happy and have no concerns and no reason to post anything as they think the rest of the owners are just as happy. Most Mercedes-Benz owners have never heard or would care about this forum.

Last edited by kvelez; 06-11-2021 at 10:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by kvelez:
GregW / Oregon (06-11-2021), Pmount1! (01-24-2022)
Old 06-11-2021 | 01:07 PM

Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Good morning everyone,

Jeff

If you really want everyone to benefit from your bad experience.
You should now reveal the dealer's name.

Old 06-11-2021 | 04:42 PM

2021 GLE53 SUV
As mentioned in an earlier post:
MB of Virginia Beach aka Charles Barker Mercedes.
Originally Posted by Paxfobiscum
If you really want everyone to benefit from your bad experience.
You should now reveal the dealer's name.