Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Washer hose repair

Originally Posted by RamAir50
We have been promised the vehicle would be ready on Tuesday. A 12 day repair for a rubber washer hose.
Did you get it back? If so, how does it look?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLE 350 w/ AMG Exterior V167
The dealer called on Tuesday at 2 pm to advise the repair was complete. The drive to the dealer is about 90 minutes. When we arrived I inspected the car. There were no less than 9 greasy hand prints all over the seats, door pillars and headliner. One of the interior door kick plates looked like it had been dragged across the concrete. Needless to say a proper dressing down of the service writer was in order. Per his own admission, he never bothered to inspect the interior prior to calling. So, we left it to be cleaned and for the kick plate to be replaced. Picking up, hopefully on Saturday.

Never again will I visit this dealership. We will drive farther out for future repairs.

Once we get it back we will be contacting MB USA, again.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,948 Likes on 3,106 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Good to hear the repair is finished, sorry to hear about the dealer experience. Another of many examples where dealer customer service is not aligned with the brand image of Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

A clear example of the agency problem. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal–agent_problem

The agent in this case is the selling and servicing dealer. It's rampant in the retail portion of the auto industry, unfortunately.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
The dealer called on Tuesday at 2 pm to advise the repair was complete. The drive to the dealer is about 90 minutes. When we arrived I inspected the car. There were no less than 9 greasy hand prints all over the seats, door pillars and headliner. One of the interior door kick plates looked like it had been dragged across the concrete. Needless to say a proper dressing down of the service writer was in order. Per his own admission, he never bothered to inspect the interior prior to calling. So, we left it to be cleaned and for the kick plate to be replaced. Picking up, hopefully on Saturday.

Never again will I visit this dealership. We will drive farther out for future repairs.

Once we get it back we will be contacting MB USA, again.
The trouble is that you picked up on the faults of the rebuild you could see, other rebuild faults may not be able to be seen. Once you have accepted the car back MB USA won't care, I would have a discussion with them before accepting car back. Hope it all gets sorted for you.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:21 PM

Update:

Got a call on Friday from the service writer stating the car was finally ready. We informed him we would be down on Saturday (yesterday) to pick it up. We drove down on Saturday. We were extremely apprehensive that the car would be ready. This would be our 3rd attempt at leaving with our car following the repair. We arrived to find the vehicle with a dead battery. Seems the cleaning/detailing crew left all the doors open for more than 24 hours and drained the battery. They didn't bother telling anyone.

Second, upon inspecting the vehicle, only about half of the greasy hand prints had been removed. Our service writer was not there. We had to deal with another service writer. She was extremely apologetic. They had the vehicle since Tuesday (3 days) in order to get it cleaned.

On further inspection I found the driver side adjustable seat belt mechanism was not installed properly. It did not work. I became irate. They have had our vehicle for 16 days and this is how they return it.

I asked for our key and advised them that I would clean the greasy marks off the interior (i know, they win). But I couldn't trust them with my car any further. When we leave it, something else is out of place when we arrive to pick it up.

I demanded to speak with a manager. Service manager was M.I.A. That is a pattern, and the obvious reason this dealership is so horrible. He's never there when we ask to speak to him.

I asked for the General Manager of the store. He was not there either.

We left with the vehicle after they hastily repaired the seat belt mechanism.

Upon arriving home, I noticed a gouge in the driver side sun visor. While inspecting the sun visor, I found part of the headliner protruding out from the windshield camera system. WOW!

I have been hesitant to divulge the dealer's name but I feel like warning everyone. Should I rat them out on this forum? I really want to. Not sure if it breaks any sort of forum rule.

Anyway, here are a few pics from our latest dealing with this dealership.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450
Incredible. I feel so sorry for you.
Not sure about the forum etiquette, but people should need to know.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by jsa1983
Incredible. I feel so sorry for you.
Not sure about the forum etiquette, but people should need to know.
I would hesitate on revealing the name of the dealership just yet. Only until all avenues for resolution have been exhausted would I consider it. If you do reveal the name now, they may be less likely to try to help (if you could call what they’ve done so far “help”). This is just ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:15 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 450 / E450 Cabriolet
There is no reason not to call out the dealer. You are telling the truth. I would never let that dealer so much as open my car door. This needs to be escalated but without knowing where you are or how far away another dealer is the options for you here are limited.
The following users liked this post:
bad habit (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 07:45 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
GLC63S
I can’t really tell from the original pics but looks like some of the headliner pulled out from behind the A arm cover on the passenger side?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 213 Likes on 160 Posts
2023 GLE450, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2021 + 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300
My gosh, they butchered that interior. I truly hope they make it right, but I am not optimistic... Please keep us posted.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
This is an absurd situation man you should see it through that they reimburse you for the whole headache
Old 10-14-2019, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Wouldn't have thought that there are any forum rules to stop you naming the dealer.

The amount of work they had to carry out on your car I would imagine that no dealer would have been able to carry it out and return the car in perfect condition.

You shouldn't have accepted the car back until you were fully satisfied with it.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Philamg
Wouldn't have thought that there are any forum rules to stop you naming the dealer.

The amount of work they had to carry out on your car I would imagine that no dealer would have been able to carry it out and return the car in perfect condition.

You shouldn't have accepted the car back until you were fully satisfied with it.
I agree, but we just can't and won't keep driving 90 minutes (one way) numerous times so they can keep working on a project that they should have finished over a week ago. Our schedules are such that it is becoming extremely difficult.

I plan on contacting MB USA on Monday. It's still under warranty, I'm going to inform them that if we find something else that needs to be repaired (including anything related to this debacle), we'll go to another dealer. Hopefully they will concur.

It's truly a shame that, for us, the MB brand has been tarnished in a way that we will second guess another MB purchase. MB needs to get a handle on this place and offer some reassurances to my wife and I that, going forward, they have our backs on this. So far, MB USA customer service is also lacking. The last CS rep I spoke with was not helpful in any way.

Anyway, we have one more appointment with this dealer. Since they were unable to remove the grease from the cargo deck lid, they have ordered a new one. As I type this, I'm actually laughing that they tried to pawn their mistake off onto us. How insulting! I figure installing a cargo area deck lid should be simple enough, even for this place. I plan on standing there while they install it.

Once we get it back and are satisfied that we will not need to return to this dealership, I will divulge the name.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nightmare repair

I agree, but we just can't and won't keep driving 90 minutes (one way) numerous times so they can keep working on a project that they should have finished over a week ago. Our schedules are such that it is becoming extremely difficult.
I plan on contacting MB USA on Monday. It's still under warranty, I'm going to inform them that if we find something else that needs to be repaired (including anything related to this debacle), we'll go to another dealer. Hopefully they will concur.
It's truly a shame that, for us, the MB brand has been tarnished in a way that we will second guess another MB purchase. MB needs to get a handle on this place and offer some reassurances to my wife and I that, going forward, they have our backs on this. So far, MB USA customer service is also lacking. The last CS rep I spoke with was not helpful in any way.
Yeah, good luck with MBUSA Customer Assistance! As many of us found out while trying to find our where our ordered cars were, no one is really any help. You will likely get a survey from MBUSA on your service experience, which in this case I think you can be truthful on.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
Dang OP i just read your thread! Very sorry this happend to you! BTW I hope the dealer did give you a loaner car for all those days your car was in service.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:25 PM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Originally Posted by Ninja_Ryan
Dang OP i just read your thread! Very sorry this happend to you! BTW I hope the dealer did give you a loaner car for all those days your car was in service.
If his dealer's loaner policy is like my dealer's, he will have most likely been given either a C-Klasse or if he's lucky, a GLC. Both options are always too small for me and my dealer doesn't have anything bigger as a loaner.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Loaners

Originally Posted by tiri
If his dealer's loaner policy is like my dealer's, he will have most likely been given either a C-Klasse or if he's lucky, a GLC. Both options are always too small for me and my dealer doesn't have anything bigger as a loaner.
I have been able to get new GLE 350s the three times I've been in with the new one. They also have GLCs and Cs.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Totally agree that MB should have a better way to replace the rear line. It's asinine to know that ALL of that has to be removed but honestly with how engineers and designers make things, I wouldn't expect anything less with how cars are going to be put together in the future. I wouldn't be too upset about that whole thing considering it's under warranty and MB has to take care of it. What puts gasoline on the fire to me is what the dealer did and how they deem that as acceptable in terms of giving the vehicle back to you CLEARLY damaged and not put together properly. I said out loud "you have to be kidding me" when looking at the headliner clearly pulled/ripped from the overhead console. I had to go through the same crap when I had some work done on our w211 and it was no joke 3-4 trips before I told them to order ALL the parts that they broke and that I would install them myself. It's a shame not only you have to drive so far and the time that is lost but just the sheer frustration of the entire thing. You pay a premium for a particular brand because you expect a certain level of service. To be treated this way is wrong. Hell if this happened to my sister with her Honda fit it would still be wrong. You should definitely post the dealer, if nothing else so people can AVOID them and keep their sanity. Can you call MB and show them the pictures to see if something can be done?

I wish corporations took **** like this seriously because this is a direct reflection of how you turn people off and spread bad on your brand.

Hoping you get this resolved!

-Nigel
Old 10-19-2019, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Totally agree that MB should have a better way to replace the rear line. It's asinine to know that ALL of that has to be removed but honestly with how engineers and designers make things, I wouldn't expect anything less with how cars are going to be put together in the future. I wouldn't be too upset about that whole thing considering it's under warranty and MB has to take care of it. What puts gasoline on the fire to me is what the dealer did and how they deem that as acceptable in terms of giving the vehicle back to you CLEARLY damaged and not put together properly. I said out loud "you have to be kidding me" when looking at the headliner clearly pulled/ripped from the overhead console. I had to go through the same crap when I had some work done on our w211 and it was no joke 3-4 trips before I told them to order ALL the parts that they broke and that I would install them myself. It's a shame not only you have to drive so far and the time that is lost but just the sheer frustration of the entire thing. You pay a premium for a particular brand because you expect a certain level of service. To be treated this way is wrong. Hell if this happened to my sister with her Honda fit it would still be wrong. You should definitely post the dealer, if nothing else so people can AVOID them and keep their sanity. Can you call MB and show them the pictures to see if something can be done?

I wish corporations took **** like this seriously because this is a direct reflection of how you turn people off and spread bad on your brand.

Hoping you get this resolved!

-Nigel
Here we go again. The GLE is back to the dealer. Both seatbelt adjusters on the driver side and passenger side have jammed and won't adjust again. Now the passenger side LED tail light works intermittently (I'm assuming something they broke while all the interior trim was out).

But here's the best part. The GM of the dealership will not return my calls after numerous attempts to make contact. I was finally able to speak with the service manager, however. He was "promptly informed" of our frustration. He claimed to have been unaware of our ongoing issues. I promptly blasted his staff for the obvious subvertive tactics used to keep this under wraps. And for his obvious lack of concern as to what goes on in his service department. In so many words, I called BS on him being unaware.

At this point he advised he was dedicated to correcting the issues with staff and the condition of our vehicle. He said they would come get our vehicle and leave us a new GLE to drive while they endeavored to "make it right". They picked up our vehicle on Thursday. We were told our vehicle would have TOP PRIORITY and would be completed and returned to us on Friday by the end of the day. Emphasizing the words top priority.

All day Thursday, per the Mercedes ME app, no activity. No activity on Friday, per the app, until my wife called at 3 pm to ascertain it's condition. At this point she was informed that due to manpower issues in the service department they hadn't been able to start any work. Coincidentally, the ME app lit up like a Christmas tree after that phone call. Now it won't be returned to until next week. I guess their definition of TOP PRIORITY means - if there is no other work on other customer's cars to be done. What a joke.

I will divulge the name after I get my car back. At this point, I don't want any chance of them screwing with my car.

We're now going on a month to repair what started out as a leaking windshield washer hose. Unbelievable!

I will be sending a letter to MB and the GM of the dealership.

Last edited by RamAir50; 10-19-2019 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gle 450
Here we go again. The GLE is back to the dealer. Both seatbelt adjusters on the driver side and passenger side have jammed and won't adjust again. Now the passenger side LED tail light works intermittently (I'm assuming something they broke while all the interior trim was out).

But here's the best part. The GM of the dealership will not return my calls after numerous attempts to make contact. I was finally able to speak with the service manager, however. He was "promptly informed" of our frustration. He claimed to have been unaware of our ongoing issues. I promptly blasted his staff for the obvious subvertive tactics used to keep this under wraps. And for his obvious lack of concern as to what goes on in his service department. In so many words, I called BS on him being unaware.

At this point he advised he was dedicated to correcting the issues with staff and the condition of our vehicle. He said they would come get our vehicle and leave us a new GLE to drive while they endeavored to "make it right". They picked up our vehicle on Thursday. We were told our vehicle would have TOP PRIORITY and would be completed and returned to us on Friday by the end of the day. Emphasizing the words top priority.

All day Thursday, per the Mercedes ME app, no activity. No activity on Friday, per the app, until my wife called at 3 pm to ascertain it's condition. At this point she was informed that due to manpower issues in the service department they hadn't been able to start any work. Coincidentally, the ME app lit up like a Christmas tree after that phone call. Now it won't be returned to until next week. I guess their definition of TOP PRIORITY means - if there is no other work on other customer's cars to be done. What a joke.

I will divulge the name after I get my car back. At this point, I don't want any chance of them screwing with my car.

We're now going on a month to repair what started out as a leaking windshield washer hose. Unbelievable!

I will be sending a letter to MB and the GM of the dealership.
Sell it and buy a new one!
Old 10-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Bmw M4, BMW X5, Audi S3
I personally would force MB usa to pickup the vehicle and have it serviced at another dealership for all the needed repairs along with give you a nice loaner. It's sounds like this dealership has a bunch of morons working there with S H I t for brains or they just don't give a damn about your vehicle. If MB corporate refuses to help or make things right lawyer up and send them a letter and then slam the dealership with horrible ratings when they send a survey.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here we go again.
What's your lemon law?
Old 10-20-2019, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
Wow, just read this thread. So sorry for your troubles. No one should ever have to endure such incompetence. This is all on the dealer 100%. Looks like your knee deep into them at this point but I would have MBUSA take over the issue...ASAP. I would send an email to MBUSA with a follow-up call. If they don't respond, become a major pain and take it up the ladder. This is a bad dealership that seems to not care, and they won't. Also, forward a copy of this thread to MBUSA and let them know there is an audience watching. Don't let them get away with this. They'll do it to someone else for sure.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
Same problem with more than three visits to the dealer that didn't resolve the issue?....... You need an attorney.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:44 AM

Yet another update...

They returned our car yesterday (Monday). All clean. Finally. Wait for it.....

We get it home and the wife notices something else broken. Seems like each time they work on our car we discover something else when we get it back. The trim around the map lights is broken now.

I called the service manager...again. He was speechless. They are going to have to come get the car again.

We're laughing now (the Joker from Batman style laughing). Anger has now been replaced with disbelief.

I called MB USA last night. The CS rep was very helpful and apologetic. We've been escalated to the Executive Referral Management Division. Someone will call within 24 hours. Will update later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Major Repair for 2020 GLE350