GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

New car paint protection / no wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2019 | 06:51 PM
KW2

Infiniti FX Limited Edition, soon to be 2020 GLE 450
New car paint protection / no wax

Does anyone have experience with the dealer installed “never wax again” paint protection? I’ve been researching ceramic coating online, seems very promising. Dealer has some type of non ceramic coating they offer but they aren’t real clear the specs/product other then it’s not ceramic. They offer it for the leather too apparently. Haven’t gotten the price quote yet.

anyone usd this or have details?

sorry if duplicate post - I couldn’t find anything when searched.
Old 12-03-2019 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Wax/coating

Originally Posted by KW2
Does anyone have experience with the dealer installed “never wax again” paint protection? I’ve been researching ceramic coating online, seems very promising. Dealer has some type of non ceramic coating they offer but they aren’t real clear the specs/product other then it’s not ceramic. They offer it for the leather too apparently. Haven’t gotten the price quote yet.
anyone usd this or have details?
sorry if duplicate post - I couldn’t find anything when searched.
Thread here: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...fo-inside.html. I would take it to an independent detailer for whatever you have done. Dealers generally make these services big profit items.
The following users liked this post:
bad habit (12-03-2019)
Old 12-06-2019 | 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
"Most" MB Dealer's have a 3rd party "Paint Protection" and "Interior Protection" package - which in most cases the protection package gives you a type of "insurance" to repair/repaint on exterior contamination and/or interior stains (and/or puncture on some).

It's the "damage insurance" that you need to decidee is of value to you or not.

Mercedes USA also has a DuPont Exterior/Interior package - which does not have the same "insurance".. so "most" dealers choose a 3rd party treatment/provider...
Old 12-06-2019 | 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
Originally Posted by KW2
Dealer has some type of non ceramic coating they offer but they aren’t real clear the specs/product other then it’s not ceramic..
Lets be clear. All dealerships offer this type of sugarcoats and fool the new customer to part with his money. What they offer is nothing more than $20 gloss poured over your car. The statement “non ceramic coating” says it all. If later on you think your paint lost its sheen, they will offer to apply it again at no cost to you (after all you paid $500-$1000 for this).
Is this worth it to you? No not for anyone. Take it to an independent detailer and apply proper ceramic coating at roughly the same price and be happy.
bad habit (12-06-2019)
Old 12-17-2019 | 04:18 PM

C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by pamiboy
Lets be clear. All dealerships offer this type of sugarcoats and fool the new customer to part with his money. What they offer is nothing more than $20 gloss poured over your car. The statement “non ceramic coating” says it all. If later on you think your paint lost its sheen, they will offer to apply it again at no cost to you (after all you paid $500-$1000 for this).
Is this worth it to you? No not for anyone. Take it to an independent detailer and apply proper ceramic coating at roughly the same price and be happy.
Apologies for refreshing an old thread but I came across it while using the Forum search. I picked up my C43 Coupe this weekend and while going through the financials I noticed an $895 "DUPONT" charge. The dealer told me that is a standard paint coating fee that comes with every Mercedes and that it is non-optional.

After reading this thread, I'm pretty sure I've been lied to/tricked!? I guess shame on me for not challenging his statement more but I'm still having a hard time believing they would lie so boldly.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a standard/non-optional paint coating fee? Is there any way to check if any coating has been applied to begin with?
Old 12-18-2019 | 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Mercedes offers it's dealer's a dealer applied "DuPont Exterior Package" and a DuPont" interior package - sound like the Dealer you purchased your Mercedes from has chosen on all their new Mercedes that dealer sells - and I assume they apply that package before their MB;s go on the line - and that dealer "add's" the $895 for it.

Yes - they backed you into it - and in this case you agreed to pay..

On a DuPont package - it "should" be recorded in your VMI by that dealer - you need to check with your dealer on that.
Stuttgart1893 (12-18-2019)