Iphone and ring tones...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 01:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Iphone and ring tones...

Hi all -

I cannot get my bluetooth connected IPhone to ring in the car using the car's ringtones. When I get an incoming call, the radio mutes, but I only hear my IPhone ring through the phone's speaker, but not through the car's speakers. Same with a text. I'm able to answer and converse through the car's bluetooth, just can't get the ring notification to play through the car's speakers. Was wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by jbizios
Hi all -

I cannot get my bluetooth connected IPhone to ring in the car using the car's ringtones. When I get an incoming call, the radio mutes, but I only hear my IPhone ring through the phone's speaker, but not through the car's speakers. Same with a text. I'm able to answer and converse through the car's bluetooth, just can't get the ring notification to play through the car's speakers. Was wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Do the sound effects work when connected with the cable?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Originally Posted by tinman831
Do the sound effects work when connected with the cable?
Yes...when I have the iPhone connected via Car Play, the ringer comes through the Car Speakers.

I found the problem and it turns out is might be an IOS 13 change/issue. If I change the iPhone's Audio Routing from Automatic to Bluetooth, the phone rings through the Car Speakers because it properly selects the MB bluetooth audio setting. The Automatic setting went to the Speaker output of the phone itself.

BTW...for anyone with a similar issue..the setting can be found under Accessibility | Touch | Call Audio Routing.