GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Easy exit entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Easy exit entry

My 2020 Gle 350 SUV has a problem with this feature, it seems to working exactly opposite instead of it working as it should. The owners manual states that when enabled the seat will move rearward all the way and the steering wheel will move upward if not in the uppermost position and the seat will move rearward if it is not adjusted fully aft, curious how the paper owners manual does not have any mention of the operation, only the onboard version does. Anyway on my car you shut off the motor and open the door, instead of the seat moving back it stays in the position but the seat back begins to tilt forward towards the steering wheel to the point of almost pinning you against the wheel. The service advisor states that this is the correct action, curious that this is the exact opposite of every other MB I have ever owned. I think the service advisors actually take classes in “let’s say the most ridiculous things to the owners and see if we can convince them of it”.
I have read here. Some owners say their cars were doing the same exact thing and a software update fixed it, dealer took the car and did a “seat indexing “ procedure, AKA moving the seat through its full travel, same as indexing the windows on a 2 door coupe. The SA said there are no updates for these cars, can someone please help with what 3 updates they had done to fix the issue.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
In the UK paper version it describes exactly how the seat works. The issue you describe is exactly how mine worked until software update carried out, see other post.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Hello - How is this feature enabled?
Old 01-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
Via the website
Old 01-06-2020, 03:51 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by bad habit
Via the website
Can you please advise of the specific area on the site? I'm not seeing any option for this. Assuming you are referrign to Mercedes ME Connect portal.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
Yes, Mercedes Me
Manage Driver Profile > click on the cog > VEHICLE
Old 01-06-2020, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
You can activate in in the car, check the handbook.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE 450
Question

Originally Posted by Philamg
You can activate in in the car, check the handbook.
Hate to admit how dense I am but, I've not been able to figure out how to "activate" the Easy enter/exit feature. I've searched the PDF manual, couldn't find it: and looked in Mercedes Me & Me Connect and can't find a reference to Driver Profile.
Can someone kindly provide first grade level instructions to help me out?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2020, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by Gary A
Hate to admit how dense I am but, I've not been able to figure out how to "activate" the Easy enter/exit feature. I've searched the PDF manual, couldn't find it: and looked in Mercedes Me & Me Connect and can't find a reference to Driver Profile.
Can someone kindly provide first grade level instructions to help me out?

Thanks
Home on centre screen - scroll to settings enter - vehicle enter- auto seat adjustment enter- scroll down to easy entry/exit.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE 450
Thanks so much!! You got me out of a rut.

I spent hours on the auto seat adjust screen and noticed the vertical scroll line on the left side - but thought I had tried everything to scroll down - mostly using the touch screen. Don't know what I did but the scroll down works, at least intermittently now using the touch pad or steering wheel button. I set easy enter/exit to both steering wheel and seat. When I exit the vehicle the steering wheel moves up but no motion from the seat. Its not all the way back. I'll see what I can find about that.

I think I have a fundamental problem. My wife is 5'1" I'm 6'1". I really need the seat to move back AND down.

I've set Memory 3 to steering wheel up and seat down and back. May need to use that.

Thanks again.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:00 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by Gary A
Thanks so much!! You got me out of a rut.

I spent hours on the auto seat adjust screen and noticed the vertical scroll line on the left side - but thought I had tried everything to scroll down - mostly using the touch screen. Don't know what I did but the scroll down works, at least intermittently now using the touch pad or steering wheel button. I set easy enter/exit to both steering wheel and seat. When I exit the vehicle the steering wheel moves up but no motion from the seat. Its not all the way back. I'll see what I can find about that.

I think I have a fundamental problem. My wife is 5'1" I'm 6'1". I really need the seat to move back AND down.

I've set Memory 3 to steering wheel up and seat down and back. May need to use that.

Thanks again.
Several others including myself have had the same issue and supposedly a software update was the solution. My GLE is still with MB so we will see if my issue is resolved.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:27 AM

2021 GLB
2021 GLB, serviced yesterday

Originally Posted by tinman831
Several others including myself have had the same issue and supposedly a software update was the solution. My GLE is still with MB so we will see if my issue is resolved.
I have the same issue, service advisor tried to play this off as a safety issue for the passengers in the back seat getting crushed 🤔.
I also use the M3 as the workaround.