GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Things to expect with your GLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Macan S
Things to expect with your GLE

Yesterday upon rearranging the trunk to free up some space for luggage, I came across the front plate bracket sealed in a bag and inside was a sheet of paper titled in bold Pick List, looks like a warehouse pick list to fulfill the order on the accessories aspect of the build.
The only thing from the list that I've found was the cleaning towel. Aside from the front plate bracket which I asked my SA not to use nor drill my front bumper.
Just wondering what the rest of the items on this list and where are they. If the dealer kept them or maybe they're in the cabin somewhere.

The dealership however did send a package that contained a few goodies, so I doubt they would have kept whatever was in this "Pick List"
I will include photos

On another note, I watched a YouTube video on a US version GLE with buttons to lower the rear seats which are non existent in mine. I have to lower the seat manually and this cannot be done from the trunk area as there is no latch to pull either, only on the seat itself next the headrest kind of... The only button I have in the trunk area is one to lower the vehicle for easier loading/unloading (Airmatic or ABC)

Goodies sent from the dealership:
Backpack
Umbrella
Motorsport cup with straw
Two dealership branded keychains
Compact LED flashlight
Throw blanket

Old 01-07-2020, 05:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 GLE450
Not sure what all the other items are as I too, received the front license plate holder, in a bag, with the pick-list and the following:

1. Cleaning towel (the microfiber cloth, actually)
2. The fragrance bottle
3. The fragrance sample set

I did receive the backpack goodie gift (which I received after the delivery) and they did throw in a free cargo all weather liner mat. My Sales Rep had advised not to put on the front license plate, even though California requires it. But to be honest, I wasn't planning on putting it on anyways. Hah.

Regarding the rear seats, could it be that you have to have the third row option to get the automatic rear folding seats? Similar to yours, I have to manually fold them down (pulling on the latch of the 2nd rear seats) and the only automatic controls I have in the cargo area is the suspension adjustment.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:44 PM

Porsche Macan S
I received a fragrance jar as well (was in the glove compartment along with two usb-c dongles)
although almost 3 months in and completely useless as it provides little to no scent at the highest setting
No fragrance sample set for me

My state also requires a front plate but we never put them on any of our cars and never once I had any trouble regarding it

I didn’t find the video I watched the first time but found another which I’ve never watched before, didn’t know the security cover could be tucked away under the load floor
GLE in the first video didn’t have a third row either

Skip to the 10:35 mark

Originally Posted by jxl007
Not sure what all the other items are as I too, received the front license plate holder, in a bag, with the pick-list and the following:

1. Cleaning towel (the microfiber cloth, actually)
2. The fragrance bottle
3. The fragrance sample set

I did receive the backpack goodie gift (which I received after the delivery) and they did throw in a free cargo all weather liner mat. My Sales Rep had advised not to put on the front license plate, even though California requires it. But to be honest, I wasn't planning on putting it on anyways. Hah.

Regarding the rear seats, could it be that you have to have the third row option to get the automatic rear folding seats? Similar to yours, I have to manually fold them down (pulling on the latch of the 2nd rear seats) and the only automatic controls I have in the cargo area is the suspension adjustment.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:52 PM

2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by Beemo
I received a fragrance jar as well (was in the glove compartment along with two usb-c dongles)
although almost 3 months in and completely useless as it provides little to no scent at the highest setting
No fragrance sample set for me

My state also requires a front plate but we never put them on any of our cars and never once I had any trouble regarding it

I didn’t find the video I watched the first time but found another which I’ve never watched before, didn’t know the security cover could be tucked away under the load floor
GLE in the first video didn’t have a third row either

Skip to the 10:35 mark

https://youtu.be/wLdJgqDqfC4
Thanks. Yeah, I think the 2nd row seats will only fold down automatically if you have the third row option, as the second row seats will then become automatic and can be adjusted forward/back whereas with just the 2nd row, the second row seats do not move, other than being folded down (manually).

I actually just discovered the hands-free feature to open the liftgate. I thought it was part of the tow package but I guess it's standard. Went out to the car and did a little kick and liftgate opens.
The following users liked this post:
Beemo (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 06:33 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Nice goodie bag they sent you. I didn’t get anything similar, but I bought from an out-of-State dealer that I think doesn’t expect to ever sell me another vehicle, so I understand.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Yesterday upon rearranging the trunk to free up some space for luggage, I came across the front plate bracket sealed in a bag and inside was a sheet of paper titled in bold Pick List, looks like a warehouse pick list to fulfill the order on the accessories aspect of the build.
The only thing from the list that I've found was the cleaning towel. Aside from the front plate bracket which I asked my SA not to use nor drill my front bumper.
Just wondering what the rest of the items on this list and where are they. If the dealer kept them or maybe they're in the cabin somewhere.

The dealership however did send a package that contained a few goodies, so I doubt they would have kept whatever was in this "Pick List"
I believe 4 of those items are booklets/manuals.
Beemo (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 06:54 PM

Porsche Macan S
You’re right, because what’s labeled as a wallet in that sheet is the manuals/booklets case

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
I believe 4 of those items are booklets/manuals.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:00 PM

2020 GLE450
You’re right, because what’s labeled as a wallet in that sheet is the manuals/booklets case

Thanks! Definitely didn't get this. I sent this photo to my Sales Rep to see if I can stop by and pick it up. He referred me to the online manual, which I have been, but it would be nice to have the actual hard copy.
Beemo (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 07:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
None
i feel like i missed out because i didn't get a goodie bag!! ouch.

does it hurt to ask for it after the fact? SA is probably shaming me because i managed to negotiate a double digit discount off msrp.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by Virginbenz
i feel like i missed out because i didn't get a goodie bag!! ouch.

does it hurt to ask for it after the fact? SA is probably shaming me because i managed to negotiate a double digit discount off msrp.
I wouldn't feel bad - you can afford to buy any goodies you want! It all comes out of the dealer profit.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:16 PM

2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
I wouldn't feel bad - you can afford to buy any goodies you want! It all comes out of the dealer profit.
Agreed. It was a nice gesture when I got mine but I felt like the Sales Rep only gave me the backpack goodie bag for a 100% positive review as he kept mentioning the Customer Satisfaction survey that's tied to his bonus. Either 100% positive or no bonus at all, I was told. Lol.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:02 PM

Porsche Macan S
No, don’t take that.
This is complimentary from Mercedes and not from the dealership’s inventory.
I would call the dealership you purchased from and let them know, make sure you update your address with them.
I also ordered out of town, 110 miles out from my home town. So that shouldn’t be an excuse.

Originally Posted by bigpern23
Nice goodie bag they sent you. I didn’t get anything similar, but I bought from an out-of-State dealer that I think doesn’t expect to ever sell me another vehicle, so I understand.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
A
I got pretty much all of those and didn't take anything but the manuals as I didn't need the stuff. Maybe someone else will get two sets and actually use them 😊
bikedude (01-08-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The separate "goodie" bag is a dealer optional special order drop ship item - it is NOT automatic - about dealer cost $130 shipped..
tiri (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 11:45 AM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Nice goodie bag. I doubt Canadian dealers offer something similar.
I know my dealer was super cheap by giving us two measly lame keychains and generic all-weather mats.