GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 GLE 580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 11:12 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
I agree there are deals on 450’s, but this thread is about 580’s. I have one (580) on order and I’m starting to get serious with the dealer involved in that I am not going to pay sticker now, especially that there is no definite build date. My dealer that I have used several times has virtually no competition within a 100 miles of them so they can command a higher price. I actually started “shopping” out the build today but haven’t had much luck so far on the 580s. They just sell so fast that the dealers know they have a premium product at this time. I can wait though. I have called other dealers in the northeast when I was shopping out our current E class and was told by two dealers that they WILL NOT sale outside their north east area. I’ll find someone but was actually looking for input from other members who they actually used.
Obviously thIs thread is about the 580, but as I note in the above post, the 450 was equally scarce back in March '19. Some dealers may not be willing to move on price. Others will not sell outside their area (I spoke to several in Louisiana, Florida and California who had that policy). That's their prerogative. But many will discount it and ship to your door if you don't mind going through the hassle of doing the transaction electronically. That kind of process isn't for everybody. But there are options besides the local dealership.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,724 Likes on 2,127 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
I’m on the fence still about the e-abc for now but I’m pretty set on the other options. I’m retired too but drive about 15k a year and this will be our families travel vehicle but agree 6500 is a little much. I wouldn’t have a problem with clicking the option for 3500-4000.

Now where is the member with the 7.5% discount.
I test drove a GLE580 yesterday. It had the standard AirMatic, with the optional 22” wheels. In “Comfort” mode, where we would most always have it set, I found the ride to be just a tad mushy and “bouncy,” for lack of a better term. I recently drove a new Bentley Flying Spur, which only comes with an air suspension and experienced similar sensations. I guess I am spoiled with the MBC in my S560 sedan and the ABC in my SL450. These amazingly advanced and sophisticated suspension systems set MB apart from most other manufacturers and IMO, are well worth the money, IF one truly values ride quality. If we go with a GLE, which we are leaning towards, as a replacement for my wife’s E350 sedan, I do believe we will pop for the E-ABC, even though the vehicle will probably never leave paved roads.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 825 Likes on 530 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I test drove a GLE580 yesterday. It had the standard AirMatic, with the optional 22” wheels. In “Comfort” mode, where we would most always have it set, I found the ride to be just a tad mushy and “bouncy,” for lack of a better term. I recently drove a new Bentley Flying Spur, which only comes with an air suspension and experienced similar sensations. I guess I am spoiled with the MBC in my S560 sedan and the ABC in my SL450. These amazingly advanced and sophisticated suspension systems set MB apart from most other manufacturers and IMO, are well worth the money, IF one truly values ride quality. If we go with a GLE, which we are leaning towards, as a replacement for my wife’s E350 sedan, I do believe we will pop for the E-ABC, even though the vehicle will probably never leave paved roads.
Makes sense. I wish MB made it standard and built it into the price so we didn't have to special order.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Suspension options

Originally Posted by Streamliner
E-ABC has as much utility on road as off. That being said, I think the best price/performance suspension option would the the Active Ride Control, like on the GLE 53. I'm guessing it will be an option on the GLE & GLS 63.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:44 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
E-ABC has as much utility on road as off. That being said, I think the best price/performance suspension option would the the Active Ride Control, like on the GLE 53. I'm guessing it will be an option on the GLE & GLS 63.
Active Ride Control comes as standard on the GLE63

Last edited by another_geek; 02-13-2020 at 03:50 PM.