GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

First Service Appointment:: Anyone do this yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 04:00 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
First Service Appointment:: Anyone do this yet?

I received an email notification that I have my first service coming up with the following:

Mercedes Fuel Treatment Service
First Service Appointment
MULTI-A
Nitrogen Fill for Tires

Most of the stuff seems rather simple but i am interested what the " Mercedes Fuel Treatment Service" is .. GLE has 7k miles on it.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 Black SLK 55 AMG, Black 2015 GL 550, 2011 Blue GLK 350
Your service isn't due until 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Don't let the dealership sell you unnecessary extras. They will charge you $30 or more for a can of fuel treatment which "cleans" the tank and injectors and fuel system. If you are concerned, go to auto zone or your local auto parts store and buy a bottle of Gumout (or fuel treatment of your choice) for $10 and pour it in the fuel tank yourself. Nitrogen fill for the tires is a bogus thing they charge you big dollars for and claim it gives you better fuel economy. It doesn't. Always ask if anything they recommend is required to keep the warranty in tact. If they say no, don't do it......
Old 02-05-2020, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
There is no reason to add anything to the standard Mercedes items. I’m not sure why windshield wipers need replaced that soon so if I was paying out of pocket I might drop that one. If you go to the Mercedes Service contracts it describes what is done at each interval if you purchase the service Contract.
Nitrogen fill is debatable with various opinions. Costco does it for $8 a tire with free pressure check and adjustment with Nitrogen as often as you want. It’s included with all new tire purchases. The advantage for nitrogen in a car is negligible but does help even out tire pressure as temperatures change. Dry air (Nitrogen) maintains relatively stable tire pressures. Air contains moisture and that contributes to more temperature fluctuation but tires are designed to work with some amount of fluctuation. Nitrogen also has larger molecules so will leak through the rubber sidewalls a little slower. Airplanes all run nitrogen because at very high to Low altitudes the pressure changes can be significant. In Florida (with big temp fluctuations)- if you do some longer higher speed driving there may be a small benefit to Nitrogen in your tires,IMO.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:31 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
agree , none of this is required. Look in service schedule book and see what it recommends. Not sure but oil change and tire rotation for the first service. your maintenance is broken into Service A and Service B. Service A is the first one at 10,000 then Service B at 20,000. They rotate back and forth, next Service A at 30,000, next Service B at 40,000, Normally B will cost more since it includes air filters, cabin filters and things like that.

If it not in the service schedule or booklet , its not required and just a way for the dealer to make more money.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
94 Supra Turbo, 15 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2020 GLE 450
Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback!