GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Status of Mercedes me connect services Desktop portal and App

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 04:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 450
Status of Mercedes me connect services Desktop portal and App

I wanted to start this thread to help all the Mercedes Me Connect (MMC) users get effective current information in one place.

Since the day I got my car and registered it with MMC, it never worked properly and still isn't.
The problem is that some of the issues are probably on my account only, some maybe regional like just for US/Canada/Europe and some maybe global for everyone,
but we don't really have a proper way of knowing that.

The desktop portal is important in addition to the app, since it allows information and services not available otherwise or not as detailed.
For example the "Doors and Windows" in the desktop portal shows you which exact door or window is opened, while the app does not show individual information.

Their current phone support is usually of people who take your call and forward your request to Germany (they explained it to me), so not very helpful in most cases.

Last week for example, there was a problem in Canada with android phones and you could not use the app or even login for about 16 hours.

So if we update problems that we are currently experiencing with some basic info and possibly the solution/outcome of it in one thread, that could be of great help to the community.

It would also be very helpful if you can state in respond to ones issues, whether for you it all works well and not keep it to only situations that you do have an issue.

Last edited by IconBycon; 02-13-2020 at 06:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by IconBycon:
marchgroupinc (02-14-2020), user 7208224 (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 05:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 450
Manage Driver Profile

In the desktop when I click "Manage driver profile", I get and message "Unable to load profile slots".
I'm able to edit general settings profile, but not individual settings like lights, vehicle etc.
On some occasions it appears to work, but when clicking on the little cog-wheel, I get the "Well, this is embarrassing..." error message.

This has been on and off for the past week (occasionally it does work), and same for the app which this function is under "Vehicle settings" --> "Personalization".
The actual editing of the functions does not appear on the screen.

The above used to work OK until last week, but the "Online map update" never worked and says "The service Online Map Update is unavailable for technical reasons. "

In addition to that, in the app under "Vehicle status" the: Brakepads, Coolant and Washer fluid were empty with no indication of any sort from day one.

Phone O/S: Android

Last edited by IconBycon; 02-13-2020 at 06:02 PM.