GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Spare wheel selection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2020 | 11:56 AM

ES350 E300 GLE350 GMC3500 Duramax
Spare wheel selection

Just picked up 2020 GLE 350 with 20 inch wheels (no spare)
any opinions as am only interested in a space saver steel spare to throw in the back with a bottle jack and some wood for trips. I realize that for some reason the front wheels have a different offset than the rears so in using a space saver spare which would prevail and what lug bolts would work with both.
I realize that certain options configurations can be ordered with a space saver. I’ve already contacted TireRack
robert
PS would this same wheel n tire work on a new E300 with 18’s. Since it’s only a spare I have no concerns with rolling diameter being slightly different.
Old 04-18-2020 | 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Spare

Originally Posted by robert c
Just picked up 2020 GLE 350 with 20 inch wheels (no spare)
any opinions as am only interested in a space saver steel spare to throw in the back with a bottle jack and some wood for trips. I realize that for some reason the front wheels have a different offset than the rears so in using a space saver spare which would prevail and what lug bolts would work with both.
I realize that certain options configurations can be ordered with a space saver. I’ve already contacted TireRack
robert
PS would this same wheel n tire work on a new E300 with 18’s. Since it’s only a spare I have no concerns with rolling diameter being slightly different.
Why not get the OEM factory spare? You can get the lug bolts from parts, as well. ODs are same front and rear. Not sure about fitment on the E300.

Old 08-10-2021 | 11:34 PM

W167
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Why not get the OEM factory spare? You can get the lug bolts from parts, as well. ODs are same front and rear. Not sure about fitment on the E300.

MB Doesn't have any and they are crazy prices. There is also no space in the back for the space saver wheel in a 7 seat GL450. The bolts alone are £76+VAT !

A space saver wheel, jack and tool kit is £600. You can of course get the jack and tool kit cheaper elsewhere.