GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Air suspension GLE 53 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 53
Air suspension GLE 53 AMG

Hi...i have my new GLE 53 since 2 weeks now, almost since the beginning, i registered that the left side of the car, was a little lower, then the right side.
Not sure about it, i kept on looking at the car, and yes, especially in the wheel arch, i noticed a difference in height, left and right side.

Of course i can only look at the car when i am not driving ...but i guess there is not a system which lowers the drivers side when the car is on stand??

I went to my dealer, they confirmed me a little difference...they had the car for 1 day, they told me that they made a resetting, i got the car back today....but for me there was no difference at all.
I decided to take the measures of the 4 wheels..in the different position: Comfort, sport +, air suspension up.
I took the measures from the floor, through the axe of the wheel to the lowest part of the fender....

Comfort: front axle left: 81,5 cm right: 82,9 cm rear axle left: 80,5 cm right: 81,6 cm
Sport+ : front axle left: 80,5 cm right: 82,5 cm rear axle left: 79 cm right: 80,9 cm
Air suspension up: front axle left: 86,2 cm right: 87,4 cm rear axle left: 85 cm right: 86,5 cm

All measures done with running motor and handbrake on..

...Strange strange.....no??
Maybe anyone has done the same experience....or anyone has an explication...?

Thanks....
Old 05-19-2020, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
My GLE53 is in the shop right now with front suspension noise, they also found height sensor in the front left bracket was loose. I did notice some height difference also. Hopefully this help. Apparently the height sensor was stuck or react to height change slower than the right hand side.

If you rise the car to the highest setting look inside front wheel , you should see height sensor the bracket attached to upper control arm. My bracket on the upper control arm was loose.

Last edited by tery; 05-19-2020 at 11:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HH8000 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 03:45 AM

GLE 53
Hi Tery,

Thanks a lot for your reply...apparently it seems that many people with Gle 53's seem to have issues with the suspension, not good.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Update about my car, it’s been in the shop for more than 2 weeks now after replacing front Active sway bar the noise is still there but slightly different. They have no clue what’s going on now. They car asking headquarters for help now.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:30 AM

GLE 53
OK...it looks like we are in the same boat...my car is in the shop now for almost 2 weeks, like in your case, they also have no clue, they wrote to Stuttgart last week to ask what they should do, they had to give them the measures of the height of the different wheels, they wait the answer, Stuttgart asked them to check if the air suspension had no leak, they answered no, then Stuttgart asked them other measures...and now they wait the answer what to do. All this took more then a week . I was in the shop yesterday to tell them that i am not really happy about the "speed" all this is going on...i think they understood that the fire is already burning ..and promised me to give me some news next week...so i wait, wait and wait...
The only positive about it, is that i have a replacement car from them and my GLE does not get km's on the counter at the moment
Old 05-30-2020, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK320
Currently my service guy puts more mileage than me, I got GLC for loaner. Btw your car has AMG ride control option ? You luck there is no noise.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:36 AM

GLE 53
Yes, it has amg ride control.....no noise until now, but the car has currently only 900 km..so not sure about future problems/noises...
Also i was not happy about the inserts of the microphones in the ceiling, i will get a new cover and not happy about he leather of the driver seat, there is no decision yet, but i will not accept it, as it is on the place where you scrub when you go in and out, and if it is not good quality since the beginning, it will get damaged very fast if it is not redone....