GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

I gotta say I am very uncomfortable in this seat.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 05:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 350
I gotta say I am very uncomfortable in this seat.

2020 GLE 350 4Matic - MB-Tex. W/ seated and ventilated seats (although the ventilated honestly doesn’t feel like anything) and seat kinetics. (Not massage).
I can not get into any comfortable position. I feel visibility is kinda poor too. Do these MB-Tex seats maybe need to be broken in or something? Cars about 3 weeks old.
THANKS.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 53 Posts
2004 CLK320 Cab, 2020 GLE350
Originally Posted by JustBlessed
2020 GLE 350 4Matic - MB-Tex. W/ seated and ventilated seats (although the ventilated honestly doesn’t feel like anything) and seat kinetics. (Not massage).
I can not get into any comfortable position. I feel visibility is kinda poor too. Do these MB-Tex seats maybe need to be broken in or something? Cars about 3 weeks old.
THANKS.
Have you owned a Mercedes SUV before? This is #3 for us, and the new one feels just like the old. Very distinctive seating. Coming off two successive Lexus RX SUVs. MB is very different, and IMHO better. Visibility? Where? Front, rear, how?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 PM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by paulmj1
Have you owned a Mercedes SUV before? This is #3 for us, and the new one feels just like the old. Very distinctive seating. Coming off two successive Lexus RX SUVs. MB is very different, and IMHO better. Visibility? Where? Front, rear, how?
this is my first Mercedes SUV. I’m not exactly sure what my issue is lol. If seat is uncomfortable or can’t find the right position ( although I’ve tried a lot of positions). One thing that really bothers me is the steering wheel has to be put very high to see entire instrument cluster. The top of the wheel blocks the top of the gauges. If I lower the seat I can’t see the hood which I like to see while driving. I don’t know maybe just have to get use to but would’ve thought I’d find a comfortable position after 3 weeks.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 847 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Seat comfort

THANKS.
I've got the Sport seats, which I must say I and my wife didn't like at first. For some reason, they seem okay now. Not sure if it's break-in, or just adapting.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:21 PM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
I've got the Sport seats, which I must say I and my wife didn't like at first. For some reason, they seem okay now. Not sure if it's break-in, or just adapting.
how can I tell which I have? I don’t think mine are sport. Just the MB-Tex
Old 05-22-2020, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 847 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
how can I tell which I have? I don’t think mine are sport. Just the MB-Tex
Sport seats come with the AMG Line interior.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:29 PM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Sport seats come with the AMG Line interior.
ok yea I just have AMG appearance exterior
Old 05-23-2020, 08:15 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
THANKS.
I have the massaging ventilated seats. I find the ventilation and rapid heating to be excellent. However, I don't think that the seat comfort matches any of the 3 previous Lexus Hybrid RX's I came from. I have just adapted. It is kind of like finding that perfect office desk chair. Since everybody's body is different the right one for you is hard to find. Mercedes put in a lot of adjustments trying to accommodate as many people as possible. Keep playing with the adjustments and you will eventually find a combination that works for you.
The following users liked this post:
JustBlessed (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 09:52 AM

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
this is my first Mercedes SUV. I’m not exactly sure what my issue is lol. If seat is uncomfortable or can’t find the right position ( although I’ve tried a lot of positions). One thing that really bothers me is the steering wheel has to be put very high to see entire instrument cluster. The top of the wheel blocks the top of the gauges. If I lower the seat I can’t see the hood which I like to see while driving. I don’t know maybe just have to get use to but would’ve thought I’d find a comfortable position after 3 weeks.
When I enter my height in mine, and have it auto adjust the driver seating position, the seat position is very upright compared to what I’m use to in my other cars—so I don’t use that position. Try raising the front driver seat, and lowering the back of the driver seat. Then recline the seat back some. Your seat may be in a more upright seating position that what you are use to, so try to play around with the seat height and recline and see if that helps.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:15 AM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by TexAg91
When I enter my height in mine, and have it auto adjust the driver seating position, the seat position is very upright compared to what I’m use to in my other cars—so I don’t use that position. Try raising the front driver seat, and lowering the back of the driver seat. Then recline the seat back some. Your seat may be in a more upright seating position that what you are use to, so try to play around with the seat height and recline and see if that helps.
thanks. Yea I like the back rest leaned backed further than most people would. The part of my seat under my *** up high and under my thighs a little lower.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 341 Likes on 181 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
I have the same impression of the seat, it seems the side bolsters are too high and firm. At 1200 miles in to ownership, I'm getting better with it and have found removing my wallet and comb from my back pockets helped a bit. I don't have the ventilated seats and miss them. My prior car, a Buick Enclave had them and I didn't realize how much I used them until now. The seat kinetics feature is annoying and one of the first things I turned off! Overall this care has been underwhelming and I don't plan on keeping it for a long time.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:58 AM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by Lucky 777
I have the same impression of the seat, it seems the side bolsters are too high and firm. At 1200 miles in to ownership, I'm getting better with it and have found removing my wallet and comb from my back pockets helped a bit. I don't have the ventilated seats and miss them. My prior car, a Buick Enclave had them and I didn't realize how much I used them until now. The seat kinetics feature is annoying and one of the first things I turned off! Overall this care has been underwhelming and I don't plan on keeping it for a long time.
your not missing anything without the ventilated seats. Their only ventilated as moving the interior air through them and not at all air conditioned. And yes I should’ve mentioned that about the lumbar support. That was main reason I posted thread. No matter what I do I can’t them to fully deflate
Old 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
The seats in my wife's Lexus 2014 RX 350 are definitively more comfortable than my 450, which has the multicontour seats. However, my MB is far, far more comfortable than the Audi Q7 I test drove before I decided on the GLE. The Audi was horrible. My back hurt within a 15-minute test drive. The MB was also much more comfortable than the Infiniti QX60 I traded in. It's not the most comfortable seat I've ever had, but it's pretty damn good, overall, I think.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 460 Likes on 375 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Try the 30 way seats in the new Lincoln Aviator (or Navigator) and you will be amazed, and not only are they the most comfortable I have every sat in but they are air conditioned and not just ventilated. I read a review of it today and they said it was the better choice compared to the GLE. I have a G550 on order so don't be too hard on me; however, I came here looking for info on the GLE 580.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Lincoln and Cadillac are wannabe competitors, IMO. One feature doesn’t make it a better car but the sum of features and appearance and how they fit into a buyers desires, needs are a personal decision. There is a balance between firm and soft seats that are important for comfort on a longer trip much the same way that a soft mattress isn’t good for your back. After more than a year and a dozen all day trips I have no complaints about my seats. The massage function is nice to use once in a while on a longer trip.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Lincoln and Cadillac are wannabe competitors, IMO. One feature doesn’t make it a better car but the sum of features and appearance and how they fit into a buyers desires, needs are a personal decision. There is a balance between firm and soft seats that are important for comfort on a longer trip much the same way that a soft mattress isn’t good for your back. After more than a year and a dozen all day trips I have no complaints about my seats. The massage function is nice to use once in a while on a longer trip.
I know this is a MB Forum but one should still be open minded. I have driven the GLE and Aviator and the latter feels better to me, and others: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...0Non%20Openers

Old 05-27-2020, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I know this is a MB Forum but one should still be open minded. I have driven the GLE and Aviator and the latter feels better to me, and others: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...0Non%20Openers
I agree that we should be objective and your article about the Aviator is useful since it is a competitor. Sorry if I came off as a Mercedes guy. I have only owned one Mercedes vehicle and more than 50 new cars from other Domestic, Japanese and German brands. The Aviator wasn’t around when I was shopping so I have no reason to criticize it but I remain skeptical based on past history. The comments on the hybrid are a reason to wonder what else one will find later. As we see on these forums a lot of things show up after the test drives we take before purchase.
Magazine reviews are informative but keep in mind that they are not completely objective. Advertising dollars and the desire to get a reader’s interest can result in less than accurate views...much like politics today. There was no head to head comparison of features, just one magazine guys opinion.
Anyone in the market for a GLE should look at all of the competition. With prices approaching 6 figures why not?
Old 05-27-2020, 10:10 PM

Received 341 Likes on 181 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
As a first time MB owner, I expected more based on a perceived reputation. I've stated before...a Lexus is just an overpriced Toyota, an Infinity is just an overpriced Nissan, but a Mercedes is a Mercedes. It HAS to be better! After three months of ownership, my experience is more on par with what I'd have expected from a Chevrolet or Ford. It's good but not exceptional. The only thing I'd describe as exceptional is my monthly payment.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I did not take that long of a test drive in a G550 but based on what I felt and read about the seats I hope I am going to be happy with my order of the same when it arrives. Or I hope they are at least as comfortable as the ones in my wife's Lincoln!