Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
350 vs 450 ride difference?

Originally Posted by Lucky 777
I'll bet you a weeks pay the 350 had run flat tires and the 450 did not.
Good guess - vehicles with 3rd row and 19-20" tires come with extended mobility tires.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:58 AM

Received 343 Likes on 183 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
My 350 does not have the third row option but came with run flat tires. I think MB was using them wherever they could because the supply chain has been a mess.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:29 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
ES350 E300 GLE350 GMC3500 Duramax
I have a 350 and have I think 14,000 miles purchased in March. Third row model. The run flats don't seem too bad once I lowered the pressures to 32 from the as delivered about 40 psi. The car handles well at Western internet speeds(85) and the issues have been well taken care of by the selling dealer. I have two issues with the car that would cause me to recommend the 450. First of all when the car is hot the dreaded turbo lag then bounce isn't nice. The condition is worse at altitudes such as up in colorado. When cold it drives well. Second is the coarse Vega/Pinto engine feel and sounds. the 450 has to feel and sound better. My E300 sedan with the same engine sounds smoother.
Robert
Old 10-20-2020, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 450
My 2020 GLE 450 was just certified as a Lemon as per my state laws. It's been in the shop 3x for the same issue (coolant too hot shut engine off) for 36 days total in the shop, and last night after flashing 4 different warning lights the engine shut off while driving it on a busy road. Had my daughter in the car with me as when the engine died we were almost hit by a car behind us. The transfer to the MB authorized repurchaser (Stericycle) is still about 4-5 weeks away due to paperwork, but vehicle was towed to the dealer and they will need to provide me with a SAFE loaner vehicle until the transfer is complete because I will not take that unsafe vehicle back under any circumstances.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E350 4-Matic, GLE350, Harley Davidson Electra Glide
Wow, that is really bad. As I mentioned, I am very concerned about all the electronics on the newer MB's. The only issues I had have been electrical. Had a rear sensor go off and every light on the dash came on. Took the dealer a week to figure out the problem. The steering wheel got stuck in a bad position but fortunately advice on this site told me to bang it a few times and that worked. Had a few crazy little things pop up which turned out to be fuses that I just removed and put back in, I guess some corrosion on the terminals. All the original issues prior to the wheel and the lastest "telecommand" module were covered by warantee. Unfortunately, the telecommand was out of my pocket. The service advisor (I have become friends with him) mentioned that they had lots of issues with the 450's as well as the 350's. I wonder who I should believe. My local independent suggested I stay away from them for a few years until they work out the bugs.

I figure I am just going to keep my ML. It runs great, is very quiet, just put in a new battery and brakes and my radio accepts compact disks and sd cards for my music. I also don't have those new touch controls on the steering wheel, and center which causes all sorts of accidental changes to everything. However, I do like the two 12" screens but who know how good they are going to hold up.

I once went through a lemon law issue with a Nissan I had some time ago. The process was a pain and like you they had my brand new car for months. Nissan would not replace it but they sent a team up from Tenn and basically replaced the entire fuel system, emission control system and a bunch of wire harnesses. I think it would have been less expensive to just give me a new car but I think they didn't want the bad press associated with it. After all, it was late 2001 and lemon law issues were all over the local news
Old 12-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Well, I bit the bullet and after driving a gle350, didn't need to drive the gle450 I was sold on the 4cyl. Vehicles are somewhat difficult to find right now but the had one come in from another dealer on a swap which had everything I wanted but also included the augmented navigation which I really didn't know about or care about. I love that it shows you a video of where your going and where to make your turns! While I currently have less than 200 miles, I am thrilled by the purchase. I like that I can change the different driving feelings in steering etc and it is substantially more quiet on the road than my ml350. I also like the 360 view but haven't figured out how to use the self parking feature yet. The only option I wish I had on it was the wood steering wheel but this one came with the heated one.

Thanks for all of your experiences and suggestions, it made the decision a lot easier
The following 2 users liked this post by pcsgrp:
Lucky 777 (12-01-2020), WindInMyHair (06-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2020, 12:47 PM

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
bmw 535i xdrive
Enjoy! I went through the same thing when I bought my 350. Now into it for nine months, my 450 envy has disappeared.
The following users liked this post:
Lucky 777 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 03:30 PM

Received 343 Likes on 183 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Congtats on your purchase! I too have the heated steering wheel and prefer it to the wood. The self parking feature is a little gimmicky in my opinion. It works ok, but is picky about the selection of a spot and seems to take forever. I thought I'd use it more than I have. The 360 camera view is more useful and even that I've had to force myself to use since I've been just using the mirrors my whole life.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:54 AM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
After 6 weeks today of 350-- Underpowered. I don't care. Heated wheel is a sine qua non. MB Tex as nice as leather and glad not required with my options. Augmented reality-- love it. Speed aware distronic-- a 737Max waiting to happen. Turned it off. In short, glad I saved the money. I really wanted GLE53. But would rather spend that differential on travel whenever possible. Life's a trade off, I guess. But love my 350, love the dealer and as wife said to rep "Start an order on a 2024"
Old 12-05-2020, 11:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLE 580 | 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Originally Posted by pcsgrp
The only option I wish I had on it was the wood steering wheel but this one came with the heated one....
Originally Posted by Lucky 777
Congtats on your purchase! I too have the heated steering wheel and prefer it to the wood...
New for 2020 is the ability to have both the heated wheel and wood wheel in combination. When I was building my 580 my sales rep informed me of this when I only mentioned wood wheel as one of the options I wanted. I recalled having to choose either one or the other on my 2007 ML. I quickly added a heated wood wheel to my build upon hearing this . The only caveat is that the combo wheel is only available with 3 of the available trims; designo brown linden wood flowing lines (H34), grey open-pore oak (H31) or brown open-pore walnut (H22).

Last edited by btshep; 12-06-2020 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WindInMyHair (06-01-2021)
Old 12-06-2020, 09:29 AM

I have to say, so far I am impressed with the vehicle except the MBUX system. Aside from it taking several days to set up the account and populating the navigation screen with everything, I found dealing with MB on the phone to be really bad. I can't believe for such a high level company, their customer service phone system is so bad. I kept getting shifted from customer support to MBUX support and each area said it was the other areas responsibility. Add to that the long wait in the "Q" along with being disconnected several times doesn't make me a happy camper. It appears that the activation of the services is going to be completed soon (who knows how long tht is going to take) and I can try to figure out everything available. I dislike the profile concept but I am more into being simple when it comes to vehicle controls and don't want to have to go through a number of screens to do something. I miss the round dial on the radio to change channels!

My biggest complaint right now is all the different symbols on the nav system. I can't seem to find anyplace that has a listing of all the different symbols so I can figure out what is going on. Granted, much of them are similar to those on my old command system but others such as the white square boxes along roads don't make any sense to me. Does anyone happen to know where there is a listing of all the different symbols and their meaning? In the mean time, I will still play around with all the little things and try to figure them out. Still trying to figure out how to use the remote start while also having the climate control set to warm it up before I get in.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:37 AM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLE 580 | 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Originally Posted by pcsgrp
My biggest complaint right now is all the different symbols on the nav system. I can't seem to find anyplace that has a listing of all the different symbols so I can figure out what is going on. Granted, much of them are similar to those on my old command system but others such as the white square boxes along roads don't make any sense to me. Does anyone happen to know where there is a listing of all the different symbols and their meaning? In the mean time, I will still play around with all the little things and try to figure them out. Still trying to figure out how to use the remote start while also having the climate control set to warm it up before I get in.
The square boxes you are referring to are ATM’s. There is a listing of all the Icons and the can be individually turned on and off. Go to Navigation > Setting. (bottom right gear icon) > Advanced > Map Elements > POI Symbols. As far as remote start it only turns the car on for 10 minutes and doesn’t comtrol the climate control just warms the engine up
Old 12-06-2020, 12:44 PM

Tanks for the information on the icons. I guess RT22 has a lot of ATMs and I think I am going to take your advice and turn that function off. My pre MB vehicles whatever setting I left on for either heat or a/c would come on when the remote start was activated. At least now we have remote start although it will be interesting to see what happens in 3 years after the trial period is over. I hope it is not like the Command map updates which cost a fortune. Knowing MB, they will most likely charge a lot. I dislike that nobody can give you that information, neither MB or the dealer
Old 12-06-2020, 12:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 2020 GLE 350, we also have a ML350 and a E350, both of those are of course the 6 cyl 350, in addition just sold a GLK 350, 6 cyl also. I can’t speak highly enough of the 4 Cyl. Peppier in all circumstances than the 6, I will say the marriage of the motor to the 9 speed trans is perfect under all and any circumstances, I can’t believe how adequate the motor trans package is especially in such a heavy car. I waited and waited for a 450 without any success, absolutely refused to buy a 350, my dealer then gave me a 350 to take home for a few days, not just a 20 minute test drive but to live with the car for almost a week, very pleased with it.
The following 4 users liked this post by mikefili:
FireRx Captain (04-22-2024), Lucky 777 (12-07-2020), mikapen (12-08-2020), Ralph112 (12-08-2020)
Old 04-21-2024, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have
Hey,

Could you please share your opinion on GLE 350, does it have enough power? Or you had situations where you would like to have more power engine?
I am the same situation think whether I need 350de/450d/x5 50e.

Thanks.