GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Rattle/Buzz Right Rear Door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Joao Costa
Hi ischaufert. Yes the solution was selling the gle. Then buy an x5. No more noises.
getting aweful close to doing the same
Old 02-09-2023, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by mikapen
FWIW, Squeaks and Rattles are the selling dealer's responsibility. They, and other faults are collectively called "Service Adjustments."

Initially and during the first year, the selling dealer is responsible for such "adjustments" because they've been paid for their PDI. (I haven't verified this since '17, so it may have changed, but doubtful.)

Many dealers will perform the Selling Dealer's duties out of Good Will, but they may be reluctant since they weren't paid initially, but not all.

It's like anything else - your router, your garage door opener or your pruning job - if you don't use the provider's service to fix it, the problem will continue. Funny how that works.
I have been dealing with for 4 years and have had two Mercedes dealerships try to resolve the issue! It’s always worse when it’s cold outside. They have pulled the headliner twice to try to figure things out but since it has been sitting in a warm shop for days, they always think they have solved it when they take it for a test drive. It shouldn’t take 4 years to resolve!!
Old 02-09-2023, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by bujjodu
It is ironic that I Promised myself that I will never buy a Germán/European car since first Germán car which was Mercedes(used) after dealing with many problems and I ended up buying again a new Mercedes(to make my better half happy..:-) and now I have to deal with all the problems...
Your posts about choosing the right cargo mat and a rattle don't sound like "all the problems."
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Very few cars have as many problems that are interjected every third post, and few here believe these, since his family of lawyers tasked him with soliciting anecdotes for their Class Action suit.

​​​​​​Don't get Buyer's Remorse because of one alleged experience. (plus the four non owners that try to rouse the rabble repeatedly)

​​​​​​How bad's your rattle?
Old 02-09-2023, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C230 Kompressor
Please don't judge by my posts. my right cargo mat post was right before I took my new car from the dealer. My post about rattle is after I took the car from the dealer and used it for 3 times and driven less than 150 miles. my remorse is more like why such poor quality control on a brand new luxury car and one of the top luxury brands in the world and making me take the car to the dealer and deal with dealership in less than 30 days of taking the delivery of the new car.

How bad is my rattle? it is annoying and as I wrote above, coming from a new car where I had to pay good amount to money to buy the car.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by bujjodu
......My post about rattle is after I took the car from the dealer and used it for 3 times and driven less than 150 miles. my remorse is more like why such poor quality control on a brand new luxury car and one of the top luxury brands in the world and making me take the car to the dealer and deal with dealership in less than 30 days of taking the delivery of the new car.

How bad is my rattle? it is annoying and as I wrote above, coming from a new car where I had to pay good amount to money to buy the car.
I understand, and it's a bother to need a fix right out of the box. On any car.
I didn't mean to minimize your issue.

My point was more "Please don't think you are heading down a road that one person spews about incessantly."
If it were as bad as he says it would have been Lemon-ed. He hasn't, and it's probably not.

Just make sure you can replicate it when you drop it off.

Find a place where it reliably rattles and insist that the SA, Tech or Service Manager drive / ride to experience it.
If it will only appear when cold, as a previous poster noted, make sure they park it outside.

I hope your problem is the last one for you.

Last edited by mikapen; 02-09-2023 at 06:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikapen:
haibieb (02-09-2023), TexAg91 (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 734 Likes on 460 Posts
2023 S500
Bujjodu, one thing you’ll quickly realize—if you haven’t already done so—is that there are people here who will cast off and try and marginalize your issue. They’ll act like it’s never happened before, it’s an isolated incident and/or you’re doing something wrong…anything and everything except put blame where it needs to be: on MB’s crappy engineering and quality control. Some people have a long history of attacking and insulting people who express anger and frustration at this POS. Why? Who knows.