GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Sweet spot for liftgate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 09:02 PM

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
350 GLE 4matic
Sweet spot for liftgate

Has anyone nailed down the motion and area to get the auto lift to work ever time. I was told the camera works best to the left of center and to use a sweep motion vs a kicking in motion. But it’s never sure fire, works sometimes and other I can try everything and nothing will happen
Old 11-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Red face

Hardest part is figuring out whether you're hitting the "sweet spot" or that your FOB is asleep and all your doing is looking like an idiot trying to kick your car!

I've gotten into the habit of shaking the FOB in my pocket, before attempting to kick...usually successful when your doing it to the right of the license plate.

To Mercedes defense, have the same issue with my wife's Infiniti when attempting to find the sweet spot.
The following users liked this post:
justdavidw (11-08-2020)
Old 11-08-2020, 03:38 AM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2012 E350, 2020 GLS450
Originally Posted by jbizios
Hardest part is figuring out whether you're hitting the "sweet spot" or that your FOB is asleep and all your doing is looking like an idiot trying to kick your car!

I've gotten into the habit of shaking the FOB in my pocket, before attempting to kick...usually successful when your doing it to the right of the license plate.

To Mercedes defense, have the same issue with my wife's Infiniti when attempting to find the sweet spot.
Haha I've definitely looked like an idiot a few times. I've gotten the technique down and its more of the speed of the kick rather than the actual spot of it. At least on my GLS, you have to kick forward and retract the foot immediately in the same speed. It works almost every time until the key fob doesn't respond occasionally