Sunpass/Toll Reader

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 10:58 AM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Sunpass/Toll Reader

Hello,

After having my GLE 350 for almost 3 weeks I decided to finally get around to putting up a new Sunpass/toll reader. I know with these windshields there are 2 spots where it can be installed so the toll reader can be read when going through a toll. I checked the manual but the picture is super small and doesn't help show the exact places it can go. I also tried to look on the windshield for the "box" and I could not find that as well. Can someone post a picture or two of where their Sunpass/Toll reader is installed on their GLE for reference? Preferably on the passenger side of the windshield.

It's something I probably should have planned on and had the dealership do it but I did not buy it at that time and the nearest dealership is kind of far from me.

Thank you,
Old 03-16-2021, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Toll pass location

Originally Posted by makris0000
Hello,

After having my GLE 350 for almost 3 weeks I decided to finally get around to putting up a new Sunpass/toll reader. I know with these windshields there are 2 spots where it can be installed so the toll reader can be read when going through a toll. I checked the manual but the picture is super small and doesn't help show the exact places it can go. I also tried to look on the windshield for the "box" and I could not find that as well. Can someone post a picture or two of where their Sunpass/Toll reader is installed on their GLE for reference? Preferably on the passenger side of the windshield.

It's something I probably should have planned on and had the dealership do it but I did not buy it at that time and the nearest dealership is kind of far from me.
That is only if you have the DC5 Acoustic Comfort Package. If you have that, note the manual says to view the windshield from the outside with it illuminated. You may have to play with lighting and viewing angle. I read once about someone who put the pass behind their front license plate and it worked, I believe. Luckily, no toll roads in Oregon.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:58 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
That is only if you have the DC5 Acoustic Comfort Package. If you have that, note the manual says to view the windshield from the outside with it illuminated. You may have to play with lighting and viewing angle. I read once about someone who put the pass behind their front license plate and it worked, I believe. Luckily, no toll roads in Oregon.
Yes, you can use the flashlight on your phone to illuminate from the outside and you will see the spots. I did it in the garage where it was a bit darker. I can't post a pic right now, but I put it in the open spot just to the right of the mirror. I think there is also one at the bottom in the middle, but then to toll pass would be more visible.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:35 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE 450
You should be able to see it with lights on the inside (as long as you have the Acoustic Comfort Package)
Shine a light almost parallel to the windshield, and you should see the 2 areas. One is at the bottom of the windshield in the middle, one is on the right side of the mirror (or left if you have a right hand drive I believe)
Old 03-18-2021, 04:57 PM

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts
2021 Cirrus Silver S580 AMG, 2020 Polar White GLE350
I put mine to the right of the mirror and it is working fine as I go under the toll readers on Alligator Alley between Miami and Naples. It also worked fine paying the garage fee automatically at Miami International Airport and at Fort Myers Airport.