GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Wide screen android auto play

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by mikapen
IMO AA or Carplay would be good if the navigator operates it. Not the driver in traffic or on interesting roads. I'm the driver.
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Can you elaborate? Not sure I understand...
Apologies for my too brief statement.

​​​​​​In general, I don't like things that require a driver input or responses that aren't within the line of sight. I like steering wheel controls and head up display.

​​​​​​AA needs to come up with a better interface to be usable in awkward traffic or driving situations.

MBUX has that mostly covered with three input mechanisms.With AA I'm pretty much stuck with having the same input or station until I'm out of the traffic.

A navigator is necessary for safety IMO.
I'm very focused on driving. It's it's my primary job.

I'm actually in agreement with Mercedes past positions, that touch screens are dangerous.

AA demonstrates screen confusion pretty well with their goofy displays. Yes I know that I can adjust it on my phone, but it's still a goofy interface. IMO.

Edit- now the post is too long....

Last edited by mikapen; 02-04-2023 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE350
Wireless is so nice, I use an AA Wireless adaptor and it makes Android Auto wireless in my 2020 GLE perfectly. Just need Mercedes to upgrade MBUX 1.0 to allow for actual widescreen. The advantage to using Android Auto over the native Mercedes interface isn't just about which map is better it's about the full integration of your phone with everything you use there being available and the same on the vehicle. The voice search is FAR superior as well.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 661 Likes on 490 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by aswoff
Wireless is so nice, I use an AA Wireless adaptor and it makes Android Auto wireless in my 2020 GLE perfectly. Just need Mercedes to upgrade MBUX 1.0 to allow for actual widescreen. The advantage to using Android Auto over the native Mercedes interface isn't just about which map is better it's about the full integration of your phone with everything you use there being available and the same on the vehicle. The voice search is FAR superior as well.
We should all submit requests for MBUSA to implement this software change. It's fully capable of it if they could just program it I submitted a request under VEHICLE>PHONE here complaining that many cheaper vehicles like Toyotas and Hondas, but also their competitors like BMW, have fullscreen AA and CP, and I would like MB to implement a software change to have this since it would help with driver safety, making it easier to touch the screen but also more legible to read the map as you're driving.

https://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/a...RldVZDQ4YXE%3D
Old 06-20-2023, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by aswoff
Those aren't my experiences at all. I find the AA mapping to be surprisingly inaccurate and lazy. Their voice recognition is easily confounded.

It's probably because MB is more conversational and intuitive, and I haven't figured out the"correct" words to operate AA.

And I'm really tired of being alerted to Railroad crossings. Incessantly.
Old 06-20-2023, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 661 Likes on 490 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by mikapen
Those aren't my experiences at all. I find the AA mapping to be surprisingly inaccurate and lazy. Their voice recognition is easily confounded.

It's probably because MB is more conversational and intuitive, and I haven't figured out the"correct" words to operate AA.

And I'm really tired of being alerted to Railroad crossings. Incessantly.
Hmmm... I'm so used to AA but I'll have to give MB another swing. My AA vs MB experience is the exact opposite of yours, minus the bit about the RR crossings (I don't have any of RR crossings near me).
The following users liked this post:
user 7208224 (06-21-2023)