GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Interior Alarm Triggered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2021 | 07:08 PM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Interior Alarm Triggered

Hi everyone. Lately I’ve been “triggering” my interior alarm. The first time it happened was about a week or two ago and it’s happened 4 times since. One of the times was when I was opening the lift gate and when I put something inside the actual exterior alarm went off. That was the only time the exterior alarm triggered. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any possible fix without having to go to a dealership?
Old 06-15-2021 | 05:34 PM

2021 GLE 350
I just had this happen to me for the first time the other day. A friend of mine wanted to test drive my car, so we went for a spin around the block. When we got back, he placed the car is park and hopped out. I then went over to the driver side and the car was off. I went to start the car, but it said to place the key in the special spot, so I did. Tried to start the car and the alarm started going off. I have no idea what was going on, so I turned it off and then back on. Everything back to normal.

I am assuming what happened to you is what happened to me. But yeah, very strange behavior and I was a little embarrassed in front of my friend that it happened when I was showing off the car.
Old 06-16-2021 | 02:01 PM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Interesting. Where is the special spot? Mine never told me to do that. Also I never had the alarm go off when trying to start my GLE, only the one time when I opened the ljftgate and threw something in before the door was all the way opened.