GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Canadian Spec 2020+ GLE's with Active Multibeam questions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2021 | 03:02 AM

C43 AMG
Canadian Spec 2020+ GLE's with Active Multibeam questions..

I have a 2021 GLE with the Active Multibeam system.. is the cornering light not activated or present in Canada ?

Also I understand this light does not pivot and works differently in curves .. I am assuming it looks strange to me because I am used to the moving lights in my old C class..

Is the Multibeam handicapped in Canada like it is in the US and the only solution is to purchase a jailbreak so to speak to enable the intelligent lighting where it is on full time and turning off the individual lights? ?
Old 07-25-2021 | 02:37 PM

GLE350(V167) C300(W204)
Originally Posted by hatata
I have a 2021 GLE with the Active Multibeam system.. is the cornering light not activated or present in Canada ?

Also I understand this light does not pivot and works differently in curves .. I am assuming it looks strange to me because I am used to the moving lights in my old C class..

Is the Multibeam handicapped in Canada like it is in the US and the only solution is to purchase a jailbreak so to speak to enable the intelligent lighting where it is on full time and turning off the individual lights? ?
I believe the entire north america has the same setup, which has amber reflector and deletes cornering light (discussed semi-extensively here:https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ed-issues.html). Not only jailbreak but you may need an entire headlight assembly from Europe / rest-of-the-world market.