GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Online service currently unavailable...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 07:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Question Online service currently unavailable...

As the title states, any attempt to use Hey Mercedes today resulted in the message "Online service currently unavailable".

Was curious if others were experiencing the same thing or if anyone is aware of any system wide outages.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
gordicello (05-16-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 08:14 PM

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLE 63S SUV
Interesting. I noticed it yesterday but it didn’t affect Hey Mercedes or anything else that I could tell.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:33 AM

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts
2021 E450 All Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by jbizios
As the title states, any attempt to use Hey Mercedes today resulted in the message "Online service currently unavailable".

Was curious if others were experiencing the same thing or if anyone is aware of any system wide outages.

Thanks.
Yes. Today as well. Still, Hey Mercedes was able to adjust the car temperature, and NAV sees to be working.

Last edited by Longroof45; 02-12-2022 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 MB GLC300 & 2020 GLE350
I noticed at 7:30 this morning that the MercedesMe app is claiming that my engine is running (It's NOT!) and that the vehicle is now where it was at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, about 140 miles from home! Anyone have issues such as this? "Hey Mercedes operation is spotty today and when I ask for the massaging seats, she shows nearby massage parlors! Weird.......
Longroof45 (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by cosmobenz
I noticed at 7:30 this morning that the MercedesMe app is claiming that my engine is running (It's NOT!) and that the vehicle is now where it was at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, about 140 miles from home! Anyone have issues such as this? "Hey Mercedes operation is spotty today and when I ask for the massaging seats, she shows nearby massage parlors! Weird.......
😂 Well, at least you know where to get a massage lol. My App seems okay but I have no internet connectivity in the car. Something is certainly awry.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE
Welcome to the ordeal! Everything on my new GLE was working fine after purchase. 1 month of ownership and my Internet in the vehicle stopped working. “Hey Mercedes” command can only do the basic things. Weather or anything that requires internet search does not produce results.

Internet Status says Offline. My Bluetooth as well as Navigation works fine.

One of the Mercedes Me reps I spoke with said the internet is offline because my car is moved from AT&T to T-Mobile This is a brand-New car and I don’t understand why AT&T is on there in the first place. In any case, it shouldn’t take 3 weeks and going to establish internet service.

My Mercedes Me app does not communicate with the car either. It is showing last update was 15 days. Mileage data also shows 15 days on the app.

No remote lock or start works either. I called Customer service and I was asked to delete and reinstall the app. I did and it did not work! I cleared cache on phone and did everything suggested to no avail.

A case was opened with a case file 3 weeks ago and I’m still waiting.
gordicello (05-16-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by poise
Welcome to the ordeal! Everything on my new GLE was working fine after purchase. 1 month of ownership and my Internet in the vehicle stopped working. “Hey Mercedes” command can only do the basic things. Weather or anything that requires internet search does not produce results.

Internet Status says Offline. My Bluetooth as well as Navigation works fine.

One of the Mercedes Me reps I spoke with said the internet is offline because my car is moved from AT&T to T-Mobile This is a brand-New car and I don’t understand why AT&T is on there in the first place. In any case, it shouldn’t take 3 weeks and going to establish internet service.....
Does the top line of you r dis[play say "3G" or "4G?"
I have no account with AT&T, but my display switched to "4G" sometime ago, and the things you lost work for me.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:23 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by mikapen
I have no account with AT&T, but my display switched to "4G" sometime ago, and the things you lost work for me.
If I go to settings and scroll to internet status, it says 3G Offline
Old 02-12-2022, 09:05 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLE 350 4Matic AMG Exterior
Originally Posted by Longroof45
😂 Well, at least you know where to get a massage lol. My App seems okay but I have no internet connectivity in the car. Something is certainly awry.
I noticed the same issue with the Mercedes Me app. Started around Friday
Old 02-13-2022, 07:43 AM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Looks like the issue has been resolved and systems are back online. (At least for me!)
Old 02-13-2022, 07:47 AM

Looks like the issue has been resolved and systems are back online. (At least for me!)
My internet connectivity was restored yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 2/12).
Old 02-14-2022, 05:19 PM

GLE
Red face

Mine is at the dealership and I just received an update on my phone via Mercedes Me. My mileage is reflected correctly. The service advicer who called me said MBUX system is still being updated and should be done this evening. If all goes well, I should pick up my vehicle tomorrow morning. But so far as far as I can tell, the app on my phone is communicating with my car again. I will know more tomorrow morning.

Already tired with the GLB loaner given to me lol
Old 03-09-2022, 06:30 PM

GLE

Thanks.
Hello, Has the problem been fixed? The WIFI in my 22 GLE is still offline despite registering and buying data at the T-Mobile Mercedes website. At this point, I am ready to give up pursuing this matter. I do want to know if it possible to connect the car to a portable Hotspot. I am hopping this way, I can get the vehicle online.'

Thank you,

Poise
Old 03-10-2022, 04:45 PM

GLE
It switched to 4G but still showing offline
Old 03-12-2022, 02:24 PM

GLC, GLE, SLC
Mine wouldn’t start this morning with the app either.

I ended up going outside, opening the door, shutting the door and trying again.,

That worked
Old 03-12-2022, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by MDS1
Mine wouldn’t start this morning with the app either.

I ended up going outside, opening the door, shutting the door and trying again.,

That worked
According to the app, several things must be in order for it to start remotely. Like windows and doors closed and locked, and - no more than three remote attempts since the last manual start. Apparently your opening the door satisfied that last requirement.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 300d
Was there a resolution to this issue. Mine in Malta is having the same problem: the communication module is intermittently loosing connection to 3G or 4G signal.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:00 PM

GLE

Thanks.
My WiFi connectivity problem is finally resolved. The service advisor said the SIM card in the car was corrupted. I picked it up and "Hey Mercedes" command is now working fine.

The Mercedes me app is now showing incomplete activation. All services on the app indicates pending activation. I am hopping it resolves. If it's not one thing, it's another....
Old 03-18-2022, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by poise
My WiFi connectivity problem is finally resolved. The service advisor said the SIM card in the car was corrupted. I picked it up and "Hey Mercedes" command is now working fine.

The Mercedes me app is now showing incomplete activation. All services on the app indicates pending activation. I am hopping it resolves. If it's not one thing, it's another....
My app is also showing incomplete activation. And the car that used to be in there is now gone, and when I try to pair it to the app, it shows that the car is associated with another party.
I guess that would be me, because now I have two "Me's" in my profile.
I guess I'll be on the phone again, but only after I can draw up my Mercedes me on the computer, which has rejected my sign ins now.
As you say, if it's not one thing it's another and probably another.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now I need Maps

My app is also showing incomplete activation. And the car that used to be in there is now gone, and when I try to pair it to the app, it shows that the car is associated with another party.
I guess that would be me, because now I have two "Me's" in my profile.
I guess I'll be on the phone again, but only after I can draw up my Mercedes me on the computer, which has rejected my sign ins now.
As you say, if it's not one thing it's another and probably another.
Fixed it. Took an hour on the 800 number (800-367-6372) but the person found that I had inadvertently set up a second account, so we had to log in there, delete the car, then delete the account.
Then I could add my car and all is well.

Almost. Now I am struggling with the manual map download. I found that I had three different versions of the Download Manager, uninstalled them, but no luck so far.
Somewhere I saw a thread on downloads on the Forum - Chrome vs Firefox etc. so I'll search for that.
I did it last fall. Should be able to do it again.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:26 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLE 450/2020 Gen 2 Raptor/few others
Soooo yesterday was the first glitch the wife's 2022 GLE 450 has had in its first 10k miles. Got the online service unavailable screen when using "hey Mercedes". However, a couple miles later it was working fine. I'm wondering if it was just a low coverage/connectivity area? We do have those "spots" out here in the hill country on the other side of the lake from Austin.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:18 PM

GLE
Keep an eye on it. My internet is working but the weather app and the Mercedes me app on the MBUX monitor is not working. It shows service unavailable. Retry?
When I hit retry, nothing happens..

Something is definitely wrong with my system. I can't zoom or spin the onscreen car under vehicle setting like everyone else LOL... Will drop it off again next week
Old 05-16-2022, 06:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 GLE 450 & 1999 CLK320
2022 GLE 450

2022 GLE 450
Upgraded from 2017 GLE 350 to the 2022 GLE 450 -
it handles beautifully- but - I have so many gripes!!
one being the tech/app/ internet - originally the car Wi-Fi and additional magic features were via Att and part of your original trial and the original MercedesMe app while boasting an unattractive front end eventually was developed into a dynamic user friendly attractive and convenient tool. Easy to decipher - “Remote Start” vs the new “engine” (like I’d think to look at “engine” to remote start my car), and send to Benz!
I don’t live in an urban area - I’m rural! And Att - I never had an issue with the car features which required Wi-Fi and the in car Wi-Fi
now they’ve switched to T-Mobile - I had to pay an exuberant amount for Wi-Fi in car and to make the cars features work. Half the time the Wi-Fi doesn’t work.
and I was getting billed for both mBrace and Mercedes Me - apparently the two departments don’t speak- and trying ti connect to customer service from my car info button is a joke! Thank god I wasn’t stranded on the side of the ride. Anyway they couldn’t help
Called T-Mobile number from Daimler Drive hotspot or whatever it’s called- they couldn’t do anything
they could see I was online but weren’t able to send a refresh signal. They also said too bad so sad about the quality of service - offered no credits - and no suggestions

don’t get me started on hey Mercedes- she’s useless and the car really should come with a list of prompts - cause the only thing I can do is have her open roller blinds - and that’s if I can get the specific wording correct.

I don’t have the net on floor passenger sidewall- most people have been complaining - yes it’s annoying as my umbrella has always lived there- I feel like I’m missing the tray in the center console- looks very much like there is supposed to be one - but asked dealer and showed pix- that was a no.
the sunglass holder is infuriating- I’d say put them in glove box - but since they got rid of the shelf for the Mercedes’ user novel - that now has to live in glove box slash catch all bottomless pit so there is no room in there for sunglasses -
for a car that has an absurd amount of ambient lighting colors to choose from you’d think they’d think about little vehicle compartments -
They did give me a $200 credit for wireless car charging (chip issue I presume) -
those are the gripes- they keep changing things and bringing back things that weren’t great - like auto on off

now if someone has any insight on these things I’d be forever grateful-
seem to have issues with the stereo - I’ve owned 8 MBs and this one is by far the worst stereo yet- stereo tech explained to me what manufacturers are doing to spare cost of blown speakers but it’s a loss for consumers grrrrrr - can’t tell whether iPhone Eq or Bluetooth or MB stereo or USB is canceling out eq or tweaking volume - but it’s frustrating and not great-

two heard lack of sunglass holder was removed to implement the intuitive gesture feature- now I swore on victory ride home from dealership I was hovering hand over command and things on screen were changing- but maybe I was wrong
anyway - window sheet doesn’t show anything about gesture feature- but it also doesn’t the magic trunk opening hands free thing - ran vin number
also doesn’t specify gestures - but also doesn’t specify things the car for sure has.

and does the gesture feature cause the MB to recognize a passenger and automatically create their profile - or is that just standard?
and if so how to do I create a passenger profile?

how do I know if my car has intuitive gestures?

No sunglass holder- apparently that means I have intuitive gestures? Any insight?
Old 05-16-2022, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are two places to read the manual. First, the paper one that you have in the glove box.
Second, the one that you have stored in memory in your MBUX. I think it's under Service. It's probably the more useful one, because you can use a search function and search for keywords. In your case you might want to try "gesture."

Most of your questions can be answered by reading the manual, or your window sticker. Best of luck.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:48 PM

GLC 300
For Mbrace you should be able to call 866-990-9007 to cancel or as a backup try 877-570-0367. As for the in car wifi, the features in the car should not require a wifi subscription to work. The purpose of the wifi is for devices that don't have access to 4G or 5G like a kids tablet or a laptop. Essentially the hotspot acts as a 4G phone that is putting out a hotspot to other devices which is certainly not going to be faster than your phone's independent connection.

For voice commands I usually use them to call a contact, change the radio station or something like that. If you hold the voice command switch it will activate your phone's voice assistant (like Siri) which I find pretty helpful.

Lastly, I'm pretty confident you do not have gesture control. I'm fairly sure there would be a black sensor in that picture you took and it would definitely be on the build sheet.

Best of luck. I think once you get some of these things sorted out you'll be able to really enjoy the GLE 450. It's quite nice once you get settled in and comfortable with everything.
mikapen (06-15-2023)