Autofold mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 229 Likes on 156 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Autofold mirrors

Something is resetting my auto fold mirrors. I do not like those mirrors to auto fold every time I lock the vehicle as on my previous cars the motors has failed numerous times and when I got em replaced I disabled the auto fold and it has not failed because it is not cycling multiple times a day for X amount of years. I only fold them when it is needed. On the GLE no matter what I do it just resets it and I have to manually turn it off again and again. Sometimes it stays sometimes it does not. Have you guys experienced this? Try it and see what will happen. I also noticed that when I physically press the buttons on the key to lock and unlock the vehicle and when I use Mercedes-me to do something with the vehicle is resets it as well.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Go into the app and change the setting under "Vehicle Settings".
Old 03-02-2022, 08:24 AM

Received 403 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
Something is resetting my auto fold mirrors. I do not like those mirrors to auto fold every time I lock the vehicle as on my previous cars the motors has failed numerous times and when I got em replaced I disabled the auto fold and it has not failed because it is not cycling multiple times a day for X amount of years. I only fold them when it is needed. On the GLE no matter what I do it just resets it and I have to manually turn it off again and again. Sometimes it stays sometimes it does not. Have you guys experienced this? Try it and see what will happen. I also noticed that when I physically press the buttons on the key to lock and unlock the vehicle and when I use Mercedes-me to do something with the vehicle is resets it as well.
My guess is you have two profiles, and one doesn’t have the mirror fold feature off. Recommend you look at the settings for the profiles saved in MBUX, and the memory setting for each. Example, I like the HUD and my wife finds it distracting, she has it turned off in her profile. When I jump in the car and see the is HUD off I know it is set her profile. It takes 10 seconds to set it to my profile before backing out of the garage and all is well…set like I like it.

Last edited by TexAg91; 03-02-2022 at 09:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Aggie57 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TexAg91
My guess is you have two profiles, and one doesn’t have the mirror fold feature off. Recommend you look at the settings for the profiles saved in MBUX, and the memory setting for each. Example, I like the HUD and my wife finds it distracting, she has it turned off in her profile. When I jump in the car and see the HUD off I know it is set her her profile. It take 10 seconds to set it to my profile before backing out of the garage and all is well…like I like it.
I'll try that one out.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TexAg91
My guess is you have two profiles, and one doesn’t have the mirror fold feature off. Recommend you look at the settings for the profiles saved in MBUX, and the memory setting for each. Example, I like the HUD and my wife finds it distracting, she has it turned off in her profile. When I jump in the car and see the is HUD off I know it is set her profile. It takes 10 seconds to set it to my profile before backing out of the garage and all is well…set like I like it.
I just tried it out and no dice. Will add this to the complain list when I bring the car for service.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,631 Posts
2019 C63CS
When you use profiles, there's an option to automatically sync the profiles to the Mercedes me connect server. The settings that were synced to the server could be out of date and keep overriding the settings in your car. There should be an option to manually export your current settings to the server to get it back in sync, or turn off the automatic syncing. The personalization service is one of the Mercedes me connect services that got redeveloped and was offline for a while. When they brought it back it had old profile settings and they advised in the app to perform the manual export to get it back in sync. I had to do this for my C63 as the settings on the server were different from what I had in the car.
The following users liked this post:
Neurobit (03-06-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superswiss
When you use profiles, there's an option to automatically sync the profiles to the Mercedes me connect server. The settings that were synced to the server could be out of date and keep overriding the settings in your car. There should be an option to manually export your current settings to the server to get it back in sync, or turn off the automatic syncing. The personalization service is one of the Mercedes me connect services that got redeveloped and was offline for a while. When they brought it back it had old profile settings and they advised in the app to perform the manual export to get it back in sync. I had to do this for my C63 as the settings on the server were different from what I had in the car.
I think this did the trick. I'll see after a few days if it resets again. Thanks for this.

I take it back. It went back to auto fold AGAIN.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 03-06-2022 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:29 AM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
Great tip.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:36 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Hi TexAg91, for some reason unknown to me, I noticed that my mirrors were not auto folding. I do want them to auto fold. They had been folding since I purchased my GLE about a year ago. I saw on my screen that my profiles had switched and evidently the profile I was actually using was the one with my name when actually the one with my preferred settings was GUEST. When I switched back to the GUEST profile everything went back to my settings. Is there a way to get my settings under GUEST to the ones with my name without individually reentering the information piece by piece? I don’t know what made it change , I didn’t touch anything. Thanks
Old 03-06-2022, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
Hi TexAg91, for some reason unknown to me, I noticed that my mirrors were not auto folding. I do want them to auto fold. They had been folding since I purchased my GLE about a year ago. I saw on my screen that my profiles had switched and evidently the profile I was actually using was the one with my name when actually the one with my preferred settings was GUEST. When I switched back to the GUEST profile everything went back to my settings. Is there a way to get my settings under GUEST to the ones with my name without individually reentering the information piece by piece? I don’t know what made it change , I didn’t touch anything. Thanks
Not that I know of. For your set profiles, you can rename them, but you cannot rename Guest. The portal options have been dumbed down to exclude profile editing, as well.