GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Dash Malfunction After Underbody Carwash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2022 | 05:23 PM

gle
Dash Malfunction After Underbody Carwash

Have owned the 450 since August 2021. I generally only do a basic car wash on it. Back in October I did a full service wash that included underbody wash. About two hours later I was driving and an error message about 48V system malfunction popped up, followed by a transmission error. The car slowed down and was maxed at 20 mph. Drove the car home and left in garage. Figured I would call dealer in morning. But went to start it up and it was fine next day. Fast forward to this week. I did a full car wash again with underbody to get salt off car. Two hours later same 48V error message followed by a radiator/coolant malfunction. It said car would shut off in 5 minutes to prevent engine damage. Again max speed was limited to 15 mph this time. Drove it home and it was fine next morning. Odd to say the least and after this second time, I put it together that its the underbody wash that did this.

Anyone else experience this at all???
Old 03-17-2022 | 12:28 PM

2022 GLE450
Sounds like you have a connection that is getting wet. You long term are going to probably have corrosion issue depending how they greased connections. I would take it to the dealer and let them know what is going on.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022 | 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by hutch300
Sounds like you have a connection that is getting wet. You long term are going to probably have corrosion issue depending how they greased connections. I would take it to the dealer and let them know what is going on.
I agree. I wouldn't wait.