GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Center console USB port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 04:30 PM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Center console USB port

Does anyone know how to disassemble the center console (armrest)? I'd like to relocate the USB plug further down into the console since I use the storage tray. It seems the assembly should be removable since it does shift left and right albeit not that much. I don't like how the cable sticks out into the top of the storage area. Since I added the accessory tray, the cable gets in the way of removing the it. It would have been nice if there was an extra plug somewhere similar to what my Ford F150 had in the head unit. I was able to run a USB cable to the glove box which made it easy to access my iPod when those were a thing years ago.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MBguy013
Does anyone know how to disassemble the center console (armrest)? I'd like to relocate the USB plug further down into the console since I use the storage tray. It seems the assembly should be removable since it does shift left and right albeit not that much. I don't like how the cable sticks out into the top of the storage area. Since I added the accessory tray, the cable gets in the way of removing the it. It would have been nice if there was an extra plug somewhere similar to what my Ford F150 had in the head unit. I was able to run a USB cable to the glove box which made it easy to access my iPod when those were a thing years ago.
It’s apparently not simple. When I had my radar detector hardwired I took a look and there were parts everywhere. The installer said he had to get with a Mercedes Tech to get briefed on the process. Apparently there is a diagram available with a “how to”.
This was a firm that travels to the vehicle and does most of the work for Luxury Vehicle Dealers like Mercedes, BMW, VAG, etc.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:21 AM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
I've found that the center console, where the touch pad is, will pull up from the front edge. I thought that was going to be the answer but I felt resistance about halfway back. It seems the palm rest is secured somehow unless there are other clips that need to be released. Definitely don't want to put too much force on it or the wood will break. I'll have to look around when I get more time another day.