GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

CarPlay Upgraded to Wireless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 01:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
GLC
Thumbs up CarPlay Upgraded to Wireless

Wireless CarPlay is worth using, which is also essential for me. So I bought this to use wireless Apple CarPlay in my Mercedes-Benz GLE 2022.
I’ve been using this for a month, but so far, it's worked exactly as it should. It was easy to install on my Mercedes-Benz GLE 2022. I did it in About 3 minutes. Once paired, it boots carplay automatically each time I start the vehicle. Carplay seems to work just the same as when connected via USB. I don’t notice any lag or glitching. The phone syncs up wirelessly right after the car is started up. The features are great. My reminder in my calendar popped up that I had a doctor appointment while driving to his office. For music, “Hey Siri, play Lisa Standfield on Pandora radio. Her photo pops up and the album cover of all following singers. Why buy music. It also plays mg music on my iPhone. Audio quality is great (wireless CarPlay uses WiFi not Bluetooth, so you don't have the music quality issue you have with Bluetooth).
The device is quite small and smaller than I thought it would be. It recognizes my phone as soon as I turn on the car without having to connect it every time. If I leave the phone in the car, it stays connected and is instantly on when I start the car. I used both Music and Maps during my driving and both responded as I expected. There was no lag in getting directions. Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK. It works well with my car, so far so good!
For thousands who travel for work and use their car, it’s worth having. I recommend you to try it.

https://carlinkitlife.com/products/c...e-with-98-cars

The following 3 users liked this post by Deris:
Charcharius (10-09-2022), Dohan (10-11-2022), Gores (10-14-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,590 Likes on 1,170 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Sounds like a nice upgrade.
I don't use many, if any, features of carplay, except music.

I get the same wireless connectivity by using the Bluetooth connection. As long as I have one of my music apps functioning, it begins playing as soon as I start the car.

When I had the 3D Burmester I could hear the difference between wired and Bluetooth. With the standard Burmester I can't detect the difference.

But then, every other update makes my Burmester essentially unlistenable.
Even with the base Burmester, Sirius still sounds worse.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
GLE350
Check Amazon. It is a little cheaper there.

I have been using the Carlink 4.0 for about 2 months. It works most of the time. Occasionally, I have to unplug and re-plug the device to reset it when it does not connect. I've tried to de-bug by deleting the connection and re-installing, but the performance is about the same. I did resolve the phone connecting to the car's bluetooth. Initially, the phone would ring on bluetooth, but the call came through the phone. Very inconvenient.

I use Android Auto and my wife has the Apple version. The device at times hesitates connecting when both phones are present in the car.

I'm sure all these issues could be resolved with a firmware update, but the process to check and update is not easy.
The following users liked this post:
DavidBN (01-24-2023)
Old 10-09-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 SL55 AMG | 2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe
Have to use CarPlay in my ole SL55... was happy with just BT in the new GLE63s, but recently decided Google Maps nav was better than the built-in, so got this for the GLE:
Amazon Amazon
fastest connecting wireless CarPlay

Last edited by Honcho; 10-09-2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2022, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
Angry

Originally Posted by Honcho
Have to use CarPlay in my ole SL55... was happy with just BT in the new GLE63s, but recently decided Google Maps nav was better than the built-in, so got this for the GLE: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q65SX47 fastest connecting wireless CarPlay
Buyer beware: the warranty is apparently meaningless on Amazon.
This adapter worked well enough in my wife's 2021 Prius … for about six months.
But, six months in, it died. No lights, nothing. Remembering the "1-year worldwide warranty" promoted in the Amazon's product description, I reached out to support with a PDF of my receipt and photos of the device. The response was that the warranty is only valid if you buy it from THEIR online store, on their own website … not from Amazon. I have sought amazon's help many times for this, but have not received a response. So now I have a shiny black piece of trash. So terrible! Stay away from Amazon!!!
haibieb (10-17-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 12:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 450 2020
Another thing to be wary about is that it does not show media information or navigation information on the driver's instrument cluster, at least mine does not. It just shows apple play icon. It allows you to go to next or previous music but does not show information or album art of music being played. I messaged them about it, they said they are aware and there is no fix for now.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by SwagMD
Another thing to be wary about is that it does not show media information or navigation information on the driver's instrument cluster, at least mine does not. It just shows apple play icon. It allows you to go to next or previous music but does not show information or album art of music being played. I messaged them about it, they said they are aware and there is no fix for now.
This. I encountered the same thing. I nearly always have the audio displayed in the center cluster. Also had a heck of a time getting into the background settings. Since the audio quality seemed nearly as good over Bluetooth compared to the wireless connection, I sent it back
Old 10-10-2022, 12:12 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLE450 (Ordered)
Thread title is slightly misleading lol
Old 10-11-2022, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG GLC 43
I love this product! My version is 3.0. I'm tired of having to plug in my phone to use Apple Carplay. Once I plug it into the car and enable bluetooth on my phone, my phone connects instantly. Knowing that CarPlay will be enabled as soon as I start the car with my phone still in my pocket. By the way, I purchased from carlinkitlife website. And the service of carlinkitlife is so nice. When I encountered some problems, they responded me very fast. It's good!
Old 10-11-2022, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by hubduc
Check Amazon. It is a little cheaper there.

I have been using the Carlink 4.0 for about 2 months. It works most of the time. Occasionally, I have to unplug and re-plug the device to reset it when it does not connect. I've tried to de-bug by deleting the connection and re-installing, but the performance is about the same. I did resolve the phone connecting to the car's bluetooth. Initially, the phone would ring on bluetooth, but the call came through the phone. Very inconvenient.

I use Android Auto and my wife has the Apple version. The device at times hesitates connecting when both phones are present in the car.

I'm sure all these issues could be resolved with a firmware update, but the process to check and update is not easy.
I think service is more important than low price. I saw a lot of people complaining that they bought from Amazon and couldn't get the corresponding after-sales help, so in the end, most of them chose to return the adapter to Amazon, the other of them encountered problems after a few months, but Amazon ignored them at all. That's probably why Amazon's rating is only 3.5.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Originally Posted by Carlinkit Carplay
Hi, everyone

Recently ,our website store has released many new arrivals.

Website store:

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/?zz=gy

Best selling carlinkit 3.0/ 4.0:

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...carplay/?zz=gy

If you have any interest in our products, you are welcome to take an 18% discount code "MBF" for your action.

I got one from your store and the one I use very effectively.
JR007 (04-07-2023)
Old 10-14-2022, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Deris
Wireless CarPlay is worth using, which is also essential for me. So I bought this to use wireless Apple CarPlay in my Mercedes-Benz GLE 2022.
I’ve been using this for a month, but so far, it's worked exactly as it should. It was easy to install on my Mercedes-Benz GLE 2022. I did it in About 3 minutes. Once paired, it boots carplay automatically each time I start the vehicle. Carplay seems to work just the same as when connected via USB. I don’t notice any lag or glitching. The phone syncs up wirelessly right after the car is started up. The features are great. My reminder in my calendar popped up that I had a doctor appointment while driving to his office. For music, “Hey Siri, play Lisa Standfield on Pandora radio. Her photo pops up and the album cover of all following singers. Why buy music. It also plays mg music on my iPhone. Audio quality is great (wireless CarPlay uses WiFi not Bluetooth, so you don't have the music quality issue you have with Bluetooth).
The device is quite small and smaller than I thought it would be. It recognizes my phone as soon as I turn on the car without having to connect it every time. If I leave the phone in the car, it stays connected and is instantly on when I start the car. I used both Music and Maps during my driving and both responded as I expected. There was no lag in getting directions. Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK. It works well with my car, so far so good!
For thousands who travel for work and use their car, it’s worth having. I recommend you to try it.

https://carlinkitlife.com/products/c...e-with-98-cars

Thanks for your sharing. I bought the carlinkit adapter from https://carlinkitlife.com and when I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. Carlinkit adapter is small in size and is elegant in my opinion (Not cheap plastic). The setup is easy and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play.
I am satisfied with my this purchase. It works well, no issues so far! Carplay fires up as soon as I start the car and has worked flawlessly. This is really convenient!
The price is also reasonable. Now they have a 15% discount for items. It's definitely worth it!
Old 10-16-2022, 06:41 PM

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
Subaru BRZ
Dumb question since I dont have my GLE yet, but can you plug this adapter into the USB port inside the deeper center console storage area? Or does it have to plug in next to where the wireless charging pad is?
And if you have to plug it in next to the wireless charging pad, is it possible to fit this neatly in that storage compartment without blocking the wireless charger or taking up a cupholder?
Old 10-16-2022, 06:43 PM

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Dumb question since I dont have my GLE yet, but can you plug this adapter into the USB port inside the deeper center console storage area? Or does it have to plug in next to where the wireless charging pad is?
And if you have to plug it in next to the wireless charging pad, is it possible to fit this neatly in that storage compartment without blocking the wireless charger or taking up a cupholder?
Unfortunately, no and no.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:46 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 GLE450 / 2008 C300
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
In my experience, the answers to your questions: No, Yes, No

I have an extension USB cable connected to mine which I taped into the back seat console-cubby.
The following 2 users liked this post by DavidBN:
mikapen (10-16-2022), PandaSPUR (10-16-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 09:18 AM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts
2021 GLE 350, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2023 Polestar 2, '73 Alfa GTV
Once you have the wireless adapter the whole point of using the wireless charger becomes moot. The phone just stays in your pocket; the wireless charger is super slow anyway, if you want to charge it much better to plug it in. I actually plug it into the armrest USB when on a road trip and still use the wireless for carplay.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:54 AM

Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by Aggie57
Once you have the wireless adapter the whole point of using the wireless charger becomes moot. The phone just stays in your pocket; the wireless charger is super slow anyway, if you want to charge it much better to plug it in. I actually plug it into the armrest USB when on a road trip and still use the wireless for carplay.
Fair point.. I currently keep my phone on a dash mount with a built-in wireless charger and it doesnt charge fast enough to keep my phone alive for long trips (3+ hours).
Just seems like if I need to plug in my phone anyway, then I might as well plug it into the AA/Carplay port.

I guess i'll have to see how much battery Android Auto usage drains.

Thanks all for the help.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,590 Likes on 1,170 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
The wireless charger on our car charges very fast. Hard to compare directly, but it seems faster than wired charging (using different USB cords to verify). It gets hotter, faster than wired charging.
It's definitely not slower than wired.

To me, the biggest advantage of a wireless CarPlay is to avoid overcharging my phone battery, not Waze or G-Maps.
I use the Bluetooth connection instead of CarPlay to listen to audio, once the phone is charged with the USB. I get all my Apps plus the library that's downloaded onto my phone, instead of hoping for a signal in rural areas.

Driving cross country, Carplay is like the old days of searching for an AM station.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by mikapen
The wireless charger on our car charges very fast. Hard to compare directly, but it seems faster than wired charging (using different USB cords to verify). It gets hotter, faster than wired charging.
It's definitely not slower than wired.

To me, the biggest advantage of a wireless CarPlay is to avoid overcharging my phone battery, not Waze or G-Maps.
I use the Bluetooth connection instead of CarPlay to listen to audio, once the phone is charged with the USB. I get all my Apps plus the library that's downloaded onto my phone, instead of hoping for a signal in rural areas.

Driving cross country, Carplay is like the old days of searching for an AM station.
100% opposite experience to mine. I have an iPhone 13 Pro; it hardly takes a charge on the wireless pad but charges quickly when plugged in. And I use Apple Maps pretty much exclusively across the the various countries I travel to. Works as well in New Zealand and Australia as it does in California or Ontario.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
GLC
I saw someone recommended Amazon. To be honest, If you place an order on Amazon, you can only ask Amazon for help. But Amazon's service is slow and often unresolved. I asked the website, they only provides technical service support for customers who purchased products on https://carlinkitlife.com directly. So that's why I finally decided to buy on the website to get guaranteed service.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:19 PM

I saw someone recommended Amazon. To be honest, If you place an order on Amazon, you can only ask Amazon for help. But Amazon's service is slow and often unresolved. I asked the website, they only provides technical service support for customers who purchased products on https://carlinkitlife.com directly. So that's why I finally decided to buy on the website to get guaranteed service.
Vendors do not need to sell through Amazon, when they choose to do so they're obliged to support their products just as if they sell direct. Even if they don't it's ridiculous of them not to purely from a customer success/support perspective.
PandaSPUR (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 12:26 PM

Subaru BRZ
Vendors do not need to sell through Amazon, when they choose to do so they're obliged to support their products just as if they sell direct. Even if they don't it's ridiculous of them not to purely from a customer success/support perspective.
^ This. I've purchased many things from Amazon before and fully expected (and received) support from the actual manufacturer.
Even when you're within the 30-day return window, most manufacturers I've dealt with will prefer that you deal with them to fix issues rather than just return or exchange the product.
Aggie57 (01-24-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 04:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
From the time I needed info on which unit to purchase to the ease of ordering and now shipping info, their support has been outstanding in every way. I have not experienced in this day and age any customer support from this company.
https://autokitcarplay.com/
Old 01-30-2023, 07:28 AM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
GLK350
I rather have a easy return policy than cust. service as I have found out that it is easier for me to figure things out than rely on a rep. trying to figure an issue out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CarPlay Upgraded to Wireless