GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE Owners - What do you wish you'd known earlier? I just got one.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 10:11 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 GLE63S
Originally Posted by CarLover73
I wish I knew:
- The audio sound settings (equalizer, Balance/fader, seat focus for audio etc.,) don't work unless something is playing!

I have the habit of setting the audio to my liking and then switching on the radio/apple music etc., So, when this happened, I thought something went wrong with the touchscreen; same story with touchpad, then the steering control etc., made me scratch my head and wonder! Finally when my son started playing something, I was able to change the audio settings. I am not sure if this was such a good idea on Merc's part, but surely they have their reasons [like someone may set the bass too high, or volume too high and someone else who turns on the audio breaks an ear drum or two :-)]
I believe this is done so you can have different settings for each audio source - media, XM, FM, etc.
The following users liked this post:
CarLover73 (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 10:42 AM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Charcharius
I believe this is done so you can have different settings for each audio source - media, XM, FM, etc.
From what I can tell, it doesn't appear to save different settings for each source.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:47 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 GLE63S
Originally Posted by MBguy013
From what I can tell, it doesn't appear to save different settings for each source.
I believe it should. When it doesn’t work for me, it’s because I haven’t stored the settings using the Memory button on the door.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE W167
Originally Posted by Charcharius
I believe it should. When it doesn’t work for me, it’s because I haven’t stored the settings using the Memory button on the door.
wow! So the memory button on the door works for audio system settings as well? Thought it was only for the seat/steering settings.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE W167
I notice that if you use the 'native' app for navigation, you can even see the point-by-point guidance in your driver's central display area when you select 'Navigation' using the driver screen control button on the steering. i.e., if I use Apple maps, I can see the next turn/distance right in my driver's screen; but not if I use Googlemaps on iphone.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
wow! So the memory button on the door works for audio system settings as well? Thought it was only for the seat/steering settings.
I didn't think that was possible, but using "Profile" will save everything.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:17 PM

Received 403 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
I notice that if you use the 'native' app for navigation, you can even see the point-by-point guidance in your driver's central display area when you select 'Navigation' using the driver screen control button on the steering. i.e., if I use Apple maps, I can see the next turn/distance right in my driver's screen; but not if I use Googlemaps on iphone.
It will also display in the left HUD window...if you have the HUD.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:52 PM

Received 185 Likes on 138 Posts
2022 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Additionally for the gentlemen that said the fans for ventilated seats blow air through them, that is incorrect. The seats pull conditioned air through them and away from the body. Mercedes is not tricking anyone with the language, ventilated seated have been offered by them for 20 years. Cooled seats are a newer invention likely licensed which is why all car manufacturers do not offer this. Understanding the operation helps understand how to best use them.
I'm guessing your are referring to me.

Blowing air through them or pulling air through them, IMO it's all the same - they are simply VENTILATED. Not trying to split hairs here. I was letting the poster know that the seats were never described as "cooled". Furthermore, I did mention that I also misunderstood the statement by MB and it was on me for doing so.

As far as cooled seats being a newer invention, I posted elsewhere on this forum, that I had a 2010 Lincoln MKS that did, in fact, have cooled (air-conditioned) seats. I even posted a snippet from the owner's manual detailing it. Therefore, not even close to being a newer invention. Which is why I mistakenly took "Ventilated" as "Cooled".

Last edited by TonyF61; 12-07-2022 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:18 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Harsh downshifting

Originally Posted by HotRodW
I wish I had known about the overly aggressive engine-braking/harsh downshifts.
Hi HotRodW, I have the 350 not the 450 as you, perhaps the transmissions are the same. I always put the vehicle in ECO mode and have found a noticeable difference, for the better, with regard to smoother downshifting. I realize that it should not have to be this way, however, it is no big deal. I know that this has been discussed on this site, I apologize if I am being repetitive.