GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

trying to order 2023 GLE 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2022 | 04:40 PM

Merc SUV GLE
trying to order 2023 GLE 350

Hello, this is a very useful forum and am glad to have found it. I am in the Boston, MA area. I've loved every MB I've owned (3 over a period of 20 years) and am now in the process of ordering a 2023 SUV. It is a very different ordering experience now as dealers seem fairly powerless to help move your factory order along. If anyone has any current wisdom that they'd care to share it would be much appreciated! We have been told that some orders are taking up to 12 months to factory build and ship. I assume the GLE is still made in Alabama, but one year is a bit much.
Old 11-18-2022 | 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
moved to V167 forum...
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:33 AM
Veteran: Marine Corp

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
They are still made in Alabama. If you're ordering a 350, I don't think you'll have to wait that long as those build slots are more plentiful than models above that 450, 580, AMG. If your dealer is saying a year, check around at other dealers and I'm sure you'll get one sooner
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:46 AM

Merc SUV GLE
Thank you so much for your response. The time frame has vacillated, with now a possible outside time frame of 4- 6 months with the largest dealer in New England, one smaller dealer said 4 months, but no guarantee of course from any of them and we just don't know who to believe. So, we are also now looking at a BMW X5, several on the lot and supposedly only 2-3 months lead time to order. I loved my 540i from years ago, it was a rocket, but still partial to other features available on the MB GLE 350. What a strange market.
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:52 AM

Merc SUV GLE
Also, the smaller dealership has a GLE 350 4matic AMG on the lot, with lowered suspension with steel coils, 20inch wheels, '22 model. Car is beautiful except for the lower suspension. The clearance is 6", and sales person is not certain if it can be readjusted to normal clearance, but he is saying as well there is no difference in the quality of the ride (??!!). We prefer 19" tires and a smoother ride. Lower suspension we thought makes it ride harder, not smoother, and the fact that he didn't unequivocally say, "yes it is adjustable to regular clearance of 8.5"" makes me suspicious about anything else he/they tells us!
Old 11-19-2022 | 10:46 AM

SUV
Originally Posted by chalcedonian1
Thank you so much for your response. The time frame has vacillated, with now a possible outside time frame of 4- 6 months with the largest dealer in New England, one smaller dealer said 4 months, but no guarantee of course from any of them and we just don't know who to believe. So, we are also now looking at a BMW X5, several on the lot and supposedly only 2-3 months lead time to order. I loved my 540i from years ago, it was a rocket, but still partial to other features available on the MB GLE 350. What a strange market.
What features are you referring to?
Old 11-19-2022 | 01:16 PM

2025 AMG GLE 53
Originally Posted by chalcedonian1
Also, the smaller dealership has a GLE 350 4matic AMG on the lot, with lowered suspension with steel coils, 20inch wheels, '22 model. Car is beautiful except for the lower suspension. The clearance is 6", and sales person is not certain if it can be readjusted to normal clearance, but he is saying as well there is no difference in the quality of the ride (??!!). We prefer 19" tires and a smoother ride. Lower suspension we thought makes it ride harder, not smoother, and the fact that he didn't unequivocally say, "yes it is adjustable to regular clearance of 8.5"" makes me suspicious about anything else he/they tells us!
I currently drive GLE 350 with AMG appearance package. In my opinion it’s a great look and it’s not too hard of a drive. For resale and overall aesthetics it works well. If they have a vehicle that you like with colors and features why not get it. Keep in mind you’ll be skipping the 3-4 month build time and additional prices increase of at least $2000 for 2023 model. Take it for a ride to see if it’s too harsh of a drive.