GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Soo many problems...ugh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 10:05 AM

Received 343 Likes on 183 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4matic
Originally Posted by SW20S
Where did anybody say it was poorly tolerated? It just doesn't negate the issues that others are having, the issue is you post it like it somehow makes their issues imaginary or explains them away.

When someone is sick, do you go up to them and say "Well, I feel great"?

What you need to get away from is taking it personally that people have issues with a model of car that you own and are satisfied with.
No, I think some of the posters here need to not take it personally that not everyone is having a problem. Saying I'm not having a problem with my car in no way implies your problem is invalid unless you take it that way.
The following users liked this post:
MB Poppa (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,826 Likes on 1,811 Posts
2024 S580
Originally Posted by Lucky 777
No, I think some of the posters here need to not take it personally that not everyone is having a problem. Saying I'm not having a problem with my car in no way implies your problem is invalid unless you take it that way.
I can tell you when you post about problems and are frustrated, people posting like he and you (especially you) have posted here absolutely comes across like you are trying to tamp down or explain away one's problems. If you can ask others to avoid feeling a certain way about certain posts, why can't you do the same thing? If you don't have anything to say that helps someone who is having problems, why even respond in their thread? (this thread is a little different).

I can tell you with 100% confidence that if you had problems you would feel the same way they do. I know that because I've posted on a forum as someone who loved their car and was irritated with people who were constantly complaining, until I started having problems and then I understood where they were coming from and became one of those other people. When you have a car that you otherwise enjoy that is just constantly broken in some way you get bitter quick.

You never answer my question "when someone is sick do you tell them "Well, I feel great"". You don't answer because the answer is obviously no, such an answer would be callous and rude. Well, telling someone who is having problems with their car "My car is great" and then continually pointing out "most people don't have problems" is callous and rude.

Last edited by SW20S; 12-12-2022 at 10:12 AM.
chassis (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,988 Likes on 3,135 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
This is a description of a strawman argument which is common on the internet, this site and in this thread.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
I can tell you when you post about problems and are frustrated, people posting like he and you (especially you) have posted here absolutely comes across like you are trying to tamp down or explain away one's problems. If you can ask others to avoid feeling a certain way about certain posts, why can't you do the same thing? If you don't have anything to say that helps someone who is having problems, why even respond in their thread? (this thread is a little different).

I can tell you with 100% confidence that if you had problems you would feel the same way they do. I know that because I've posted on a forum as someone who loved their car and was irritated with people who were constantly complaining, until I started having problems and then I understood where they were coming from and became one of those other people. When you have a car that you otherwise enjoy that is just constantly broken in some way you get bitter quick.

You never answer my question "when someone is sick do you tell them "Well, I feel great"". You don't answer because the answer is obviously no, such an answer would be callous and rude. Well, telling someone who is having problems with their car "My car is great" and then continually pointing out "most people don't have problems" is callous and rude.
Yes another illustration of the strawman argument.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:22 AM

2023 GLE 450 4matic
Why would people who are happy with their car and dont have any problems need love and support?

How extending sympathy for people who are having problems offends those who have no problems is beyond me... When someone tells your friend they are sorry they are sick, do you say "Hey, what about those of us who aren't sick?"
You started the overall hostility and theme of this whole thread simply because you got a little butthurt. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the car as much as you should and sincerely hope it gets sorted out.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
You started the overall hostility and theme of this whole thread simply because you got a little butthurt. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the car as much as you should and sincerely hope it gets sorted out.
I'm not "butthurt" at all, I don't own a GLE, and I have not created any hostility or this thread in any way. I'm just trying to help you see that you have a role in what has happened to your forum as well, and you can make changes in how you post and it will improve the forum for your own enjoyment. If you only want to talk about positive stuff about your car, then just ignore the negative posts. Chiming into threads where people have problems and telling them your car is great doesn't help anybody.

This thread was about people who have problems with their cars and how the OP felt sorry for them. You felt the need to make it an "us vs them" by interjecting that "you and 99% of people have no problems" when you should have just ignored it because it wasn't about you. The tone and hostility of this thread is on you, not me.

If both sides don't start doing this, theyre going to have no choice but to start banning people, and both people with problems and people without problems are going to get banned.

Last edited by SW20S; 12-12-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:36 AM

2023 GLE 450 4matic
I'm not "butthurt" at all, I don't own a GLE, .
Then please explain why your comments about the car are even relevant? THIS is what happens a lot on this forum. People who don't own a GLE come on here and tell those of us who do how terrible the car is. Then you get butthurt when I don't validate your unfounded comments.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucky 777:
DavidBN (12-12-2022), MB Poppa (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Then please explain why your comments about the car are even relevant? THIS is what happens a lot on this forum. People who don't own a GLE come on here and tell those of us who do how terrible the car is. Then you get butthurt when I don't validate your unfounded comments.
I haven't told anybody anything about the car, I'm still considering buying the car. My comments are not about the car, my comments are about the forum. Honestly the hostility of this forum is as big a reason why I would pass on the car as any reliability problems.

Like it or not though, problems are real. This model clearly has some issues, that doesn't mean everybody has issues but I read a lot of forums and its pretty clear.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW20S:
chassis (12-12-2022), haibieb (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
ad hominem argument

If a roofer tells a homeowner the homeowner’s roof is leaking, but the roofer himself has no leaky roof and has never in his lifetime personally experienced his own leaky roof, is the leaky roof statement invalid?
Old 12-12-2022, 11:38 AM

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by chassis
ad hominem argument

If a roofer tells a homeowner the homeowner’s roof is leaking, but the roofer himself has no leaky roof and has never in his lifetime personally experienced his own leaky roof, is the leaky roof statement invalid?
If the homeowner is saying "EVERY ROOF MADE BY ____ IS A LEAKY POS" then yes it would still be an invalid statement.
The following 6 users liked this post by PandaSPUR:
Lucky 777 (12-12-2022), MB Poppa (12-12-2022), mjb2124 (12-12-2022), Neurobit (12-12-2022), SwagMD (12-12-2022), TonyF61 (12-12-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-12-2022, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
If the homeowner is saying "EVERY ROOF MADE BY ____ IS A LEAKY POS" then yes it would still be an invalid statement.
If there is evidence that there are common experiences with roofs made by ___ leaking, then saying that is not an invalid statement. It also would be completely normal for a frustrated homeowner to be angry that his roof is leaking and to make a charged statement like "this company makes a POS roof".

There is ample evidence that the V167 GLE has some reliability issues that affect some owners, some of those owners are very angry and frustrated that they are saddled with such a vehicle. Just have a little compassion.

Last edited by SW20S; 12-12-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:06 PM

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
SUV
For the folks that want to back the idea of this car is a great build, since many of you have technical background, don't you remember what they taught you in math? To prove something right, you need to prove it's right for every single one. To prove something wrong, you just need one. No? No one remembers this?
You really don't need everyone having issues to conclude this car has issues. Sure there are happy/ issue free owners, but for something at this level with that number of reported build/quality issues, it's beyond significant.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:07 PM

Subaru BRZ
If there is evidence that there are common experiences with roofs made by ___ leaking, then saying that is not an invalid statement. It also would be completely normal for a frustrated homeowner to be angry that his roof is leaking and to make a charged statement like "this company makes a POS roof".

There is ample evidence that the V167 GLE has some reliability issues that affect some owners, some of those owners are very angry and frustrated that they are saddled with such a vehicle. Just have a little compassion.
Yea I can understand the anger and frustration, and why someone would make statements like that.

I'm just saying that technically it would indeed be an invalid statement, unless of course literally all roofs made by X were reported to leak.

Also, compassion runs thin after a certain point...

Originally Posted by mb2be
For the folks that want to back the idea of this car is a great build, since many of you have technical background, don't you remember what they taught you in math? To prove something right, you need to prove it's right for every single one. To prove something wrong, you just need one. No? No one remembers this?

You really don't need everyone having issues to conclude this car has issues. Sure there are happy/ issue free owners, but for something at this level with that number of reported build/quality issues, it's beyond significant.
Right, by that same logic, you only need to show one GLE without issues to prove that "all GLEs are poorly built" is a false statement.

I get the frustrations though, I really do, but after a certain point it just becomes annoying.

Last edited by PandaSPUR; 12-12-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Shame on you! I also enjoy my car and that seems to be poorly tolerated here.
Where did anybody say it was poorly tolerated? It just doesn't negate the issues that others are having, the issue is you post it like it somehow makes their issues imaginary or explains them away.

When someone is sick, do you go up to them and say "Well, I feel great"?

What you need to get away from is taking it personally that people have issues with a model of car that you own and are satisfied with.
QED.
Immediate negative response for liking your car. The usual suspect(s).
@chassis comment about ad hominem responses is certainly true.
It's a recent change, over the last few months. The cars have been out for three years now. Something else changed.

Let's talk about the cars, please.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by mikapen
QED.
Immediate negative response for liking your car. The usual suspect(s).
@chassis comment about ad hominem responses is certainly true.
It's a recent change, over the last few months. The cars have been out for three years now. Something else changed.
Its not a negative response, its simply that a comment about him liking his car including a snide remark about how "99% of people do" has no place in a thread that is about people with problems with their cars. If you will note in the other thread I just called somebody out for the same thing on the other side.

Let's talk about the cars, please.
Be the change you want to see.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Be the change you want to see.
Yes, I am, than k you. Read all my posts and see how it's done. Follow my example. You can do it.
Quit policing everybody's responses. Two is too many for any thread.

If you're looking for answers to questions you have, as you say, don't challenge their language or motives.
Just participate with an open mind.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
I have read all your posts lol.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
To clarify whether the scenario above is a strawman argument or not, can you kindly please give a tangible example where a comment on this thread fulfills the conditions you gave?

You conditioned your statement with the word “if”. Has your condition been met in this thread?
Old 12-12-2022, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have read all your posts lol.
Thanks for not judging my most recent one. See, I was right - you can do it.
Lucky 777 (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Keep posting with that condescending attitude and see how it benefits the forum.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:51 PM

Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by chassis
To clarify whether the scenario above is a strawman argument or not, can you kindly please give a tangible example where a comment on this thread fulfills the conditions you gave?

You conditioned your statement with the word “if”. Has your condition been met in this thread?
Sorry, no one in this thread has commented on any leaky roofs.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikapen
Thanks for not judging my most recent one. See, I was right - you can do it.
Keep posting with that condescending attitude and see how it benefits the forum.
Guess I was wrong.

Maybe just skip every other post, and we'll start returning to civility. It's a start.
Here's your next chance.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 756 Likes on 472 Posts
2023 S500
Mikapen, you spend a lot of time talking about other posters. You have a history of attacking, insulting and harassing people, especially if they have anything negative to say. We can all disagree, but no one should be insulted for sharing their opinions, good or bad. I think some people here misjudge you because a lot of your posts gets quickly deleted after they are reported. On any other enthusiast forum, you probably would have been banned a long time ago.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Incorrect.