GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2023 GLE450 randomly shifting into neutral

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 09:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE
Originally Posted by TonyF61
Good point, I thought I was spastic LOL. I always struggle to put mine in neutral. The only time I really need to do so is at the carwash. At first it would take 3-4 attempts. Now I push the stalk ever so gently; hoping it works on the first attempt. Having said that, not sure how anyone would, frequently, touch it accidentally. There is no reason, that I cant think of, to have one's hand near there. Hopefully the OP will get it sorted out fairly quickly. Be interested in finding out the root cause.

I have accidentally put my new GLE into neutral a few times! Mostly because it's almost exactly how I turned my previous car's windshield wipers on. I also found it really hard at the carwash when I wanted to do it on purpose, lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flashy09:
mikapen (12-25-2022), TonyF61 (12-24-2022)
Old 05-08-2024, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 Mercedes GLE450
2023 GLE450 Stalled 3 times

I have a 2023 Mercedes GLE450 with less that 12,000 miles on it I purchased new 1.5 years ago. Recently at slow speeds, after driving only ~5 miles, below 10 miles per hour it stalled out and I needed to put the vehicle in park, turn it off and turn it back on again. First time it happened I received distronic failure warnings and the yellow check engine light came on for a few hours then went away, Second time it happened there were no warning messages and third time it gave a Malfunction error. Took the vehicle to my MB dealer and they performed the 48V recall, the transmission recall and fuel pump recall, they referenced they believe the transmission recall caused the stalling and it included a software update and a "battery maintainer". Drove the car 20 miles since the service with no issues so fingers crossed it is fixed, but still nervous it will happen again.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:48 AM

Received 184 Likes on 138 Posts
2022 GLE 450
Originally Posted by ZimmGLE450
I have a 2023 Mercedes GLE450 with less that 12,000 miles on it I purchased new 1.5 years ago. Recently at slow speeds, after driving only ~5 miles, below 10 miles per hour it stalled out and I needed to put the vehicle in park, turn it off and turn it back on again. First time it happened I received distronic failure warnings and the yellow check engine light came on for a few hours then went away, Second time it happened there were no warning messages and third time it gave a Malfunction error. Took the vehicle to my MB dealer and they performed the 48V recall, the transmission recall and fuel pump recall, they referenced they believe the transmission recall caused the stalling and it included a software update and a "battery maintainer". Drove the car 20 miles since the service with no issues so fingers crossed it is fixed, but still nervous it will happen again.
I believe the "stalling" was the reason for the transmission recall; although, I believe it was stated that is was occuring while shifting down from 5th gear. Hopefully your issue is resolved. Keep us posted. Another thing to look at would be the "Stop/Start" function. If symptom returns, turn this off and see if it is any better..