GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Build a GLE 450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 05:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by fullymooned
I was able to find another dealer in my area yesterday and create an order for the 2024 GLE 450 with Driver Assistance Package. So now I do have a build (same build as above plus driver assistance package) with a tentative delivery date of June.
Do you mind letting us know how much discount you got?
BTW, I was told my build will be delivered in July. I chose the dark green external color.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:13 PM

2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by fullymooned
It seems like you're saying that you were able to place an order for a 2023 450 and get a discount off the MSRP. However, when I called several dealers in the Chicago and Midwest areas since February, they didn't have any allocations for the 2023 model, and they told me that ordering for the 2023 model was already closed. They recommended that I wait for the 2024 model to open up for ordering, which is what I did, and I placed my order yesterday. I would have been satisfied with the 2023 version, so I'm surprised that you received different information from your dealers.
No. I built a 2024 model.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:16 PM

2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by ddeliber
I hear you. My wife and I had a similar discussion when we bought our F-Pace (her car). She won of course (but Jaguars comparable automatic cruise turned out to be a relatively poor implementation contained significantly fewer safety features and was more expensive at the time so I didn't feel too bad ).

Not sure about the illuminated star but I thought it was set to the same circuit as the LED DRLs. However, I would think that this should be easily configurable. Also, I believe the illuminated star can be added after delivery (edit - but not with the Drivers Assistance P as they are in-compatible). It may cost a couple hundred more at the dealer but not much - plus it can be added to any vehicle already in stock if that matters.

BTW, I expect the incentives to change significantly very soon. The market has spoken and manufacturers need to move product (look at Ford and GM as examples - thousands of mid spec'ed trucks listed for MORE than a GLE, sitting collecting dust). Not sure when incentives will be announced but usually it comes a few days after the start of the quarter - to prevent dealers from playing with dates to collect incentives on recent end of quarter sales. If you can live with a 23 that meets your needs, you might be able to say something like: "If you can match the price with the Illuminated star, I'll take that one right there (even though it has one or two additional options) and you can give my build to someone else". There are 121 GLE-450s at dealers in the Boston - NYC area.
Did you check the inventory on official MB website? I have learned that the inventory over there is not 100% accurate, at least not reflect the real time data. For example, It showed one Maryland dealer had 7 450 in stock and I called them the next day but was told there was only 1 450 available. I believe the NetStar system has the real time data but unfortunately, which is not open to customers.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE450
What dealer ?

Originally Posted by manbeing
No. I built a 2024 model.
do you mind sharing what dealer offered you a discount? I bought at MSRP. The dealer was not willing to offer a discount. $3000 off is a good deal IMO.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:03 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
Originally Posted by manbeing
Did you check the inventory on official MB website? I have learned that the inventory over there is not 100% accurate, at least not reflect the real time data. For example, It showed one Maryland dealer had 7 450 in stock and I called them the next day but was told there was only 1 450 available. I believe the NetStar system has the real time data but unfortunately, which is not open to customers.
No, I use cargurus and caredge. They have proven pretty accurate, MBusa.com stinks for pretty much everything (I believe they updated their configurator with 2023 data in December - January).
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/se...edEntity=d2317

As a bit of evidence that it is updated, I checked this morning and there were 121, now there are only 120
The following users liked this post:
manbeing (04-03-2023)